Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The US Election Sign-Up: Race for the Whitehouse

The era of club sign-ups is over. The era for story-based sign-ups has just begun.

No longer are people creating sign-ups where the forumers watch how their player does at a club, Apps, Goals, MOMs. Now, the sign-ups are based on television shows: the forumites in the sign-ups are representing other things, be it Apprentice candidates, X Factor hopefuls or Eurovision acts. So now's the perfect time to get my US Election sign-up rolling.

The MLS is split into two divisions: East and West. The US Political system has two main parties: Democrats and Republicans. In a similar style to the Apprentice Sign-up, tasks are set which are the equivalent of primaries. By the end, we are left with two presidential candidates: Democrat and Republican, East and West. Then, the election happens. Everyone can vote, and at the end of it, we have our president.

Now I don't know enough about US Politics at the moment, so I'm hoping someone can help me with that. I do know that up until the appointment of Rudy Guiliani, NYC was a Democrat stronghold (I've read his book :cool:). But I want to know other strongholds and such to add to the real-life side of the sign-up. The idea for voting was that everyone registers to vote. They're then split up into states. Voting begins and stops when every state has a deciding vote. Thoughts?

Guest roberto922

Rancer890 is Canadian and is big on the MLS so he might be able to help you, he's the only North American I know off the top of my head although I know there is alot.

The US Election Sign-Up: Race for the Whitehouse

The era of club sign-ups is over. The era for story-based sign-ups has just begun.

No longer are people creating sign-ups where the forumers watch how their player does at a club, Apps, Goals, MOMs. Now, the sign-ups are based on television shows: the forumites in the sign-ups are representing other things, be it Apprentice candidates, X Factor hopefuls or Eurovision acts. So now's the perfect time to get my US Election sign-up rolling.

I beg to differ, my club sign-up is still running, albeit slowly! And there will be another in FM09 I assure you! ;)

It seems a promising idea but how does FM relate to this? You manage/choose a side to win the East/West Divisions and the winners are voted up as the absolute winner?

See the Apprentice Sign-up (which I'm still waiting for a vote from JoseRR in order to continue with), each forumer has a team in the MLS and tasks are set, e.g. score most away goals, win most games, etc. from which the forumites get points. Unlike TA, the forumers don't get voted off and instead there is a running table of how well the candidates are doing. There comes a point (probably the end of the season) where the Democrats and the Republicans choose their nominees, and then anyone who wants to can vote for who they want to be president.

Considering starting a new sign-up atm. Yes, I will continue with it for more than 2 weeks. Considering making it the same as Ridleys "it could be you... who's crap" sign-up. Obviously I will need his permission. But if I do get his permission then I will make it.

Guest roberto922

How did you post that? it's only 7/8 digits. And it wasn't too far :p I was counting through the ones he'd stopped doing :D

I'm in 2017 and I'm challenging myself to make my affiliate club, Alaves, as successful as possible by loaning out my youth talent as well as some backup players. Alaves just got promotion back into the top flight of the Spanish league and they currently have six of my players playing regular first team football.

I don't really know how to make this into a challenge that everyone could take part in, I only started to do this myself since my Spurs team are winning everything and I thought it would be a bit of fun.

Any ideas are welcome.

I have been thinking about doing an experiment but I am unsure whether its been done before or not.

I want to see which part of the pitch is the strongest one. I would either create players or move high-profile players to teams in the BSS/BSN. Then make perhaps 3 teams:

Defensive: Which should consist of the strongest defensive side and perhaps goalie while the rest should stay as normal.

Midfield:Which should consist of the strongest midfield while the rest should stay as normal.

Attack: Which should consist of the most lethal attackers while the rest should stay as normal.

It is much like Adam C's 'Experiment - Superstars in the BSN/BSS: who carries a team hardest?' but are not 1 player for each team but a whole line in the team.

Would it be worth the hazzle?

I'm currently holidaying through 1 year of a game where I loaded every European top division in the game (plus all divisions in England, Germany and France). I've edited all top division league reps to 20, descending down by 1 for each division, and domestic cups are worth 20 as well. I'm not to sure of whether I should make a thread for this experiment or not.

I guess I'm looking at what would happen to European competitions, quality of regens in lower quality leagues, the types of players willing to sign for smaller league champions after a year. Basically just a whole bunch of stuff.

If you think that other people will be interested in your results then start a thread.

The things you've listed there are a good starting point. I can see Champions League and UEFA cup ties getting a lot closer for the early rounds if all the teams are able to attract players of similar quality.

As for the quality of the regens, that will be linked to the quality of the facilities at each team.

Just went into this thread and saw my name:D

If you decide to start that thread canvey!!! don't be afraid to ask :)

And don't compare me to an American please, we're different people.:D

My friends at school already think I'm sounding a bit British lately:p

I'm also thinking of doing a challenge now that roberto is taking over FM08 A New World thread. Not sure what kind of challenge though...

I have a challenge in the pipeline, but it involves moving clubs every season. What do people think about how the transistion should be made. I don't want people going to intermediary clubs, but should they spend some time unemployed if neccessary, or stay at one until they can make the next?

I may have to call you on that American politics advice, rancer.

Guest roberto922

intermediary

Noun

pl -aries

1. a person who tries to bring about agreement between others

2. a messenger

Adjective

1. acting as an intermediary

2. intermediate

You got a definition wrong :p I only went on the net to check what it meant because I didn't understand it :D

I have a challenge in the pipeline, but it involves moving clubs every season. What do people think about how the transistion should be made. I don't want people going to intermediary clubs, but should they spend some time unemployed if neccessary, or stay at one until they can make the next?

I may have to call you on that American politics advice, rancer.

tbh canvey!! I think you should ask an American citizen about this:( I only know very little about American politics:(

I'm confused. I thought you said just ask, which implies that you would know. :confused:.

Well. I know a bit, but just not sure if I can help with it. And it's so basic every person in the world would probably know. Sorry if I confused you:(. I was probably thinking about Canadian politics. We have an election coming up....

And I just had an idea. Since there's a small club to big club from a big European country and a small club to big club from a small European country, how about going a bit east. Well, maybe the Far East:D

rancer890's Far East small club to big club adventure challenge:D

It just popped into my head. Any comments about this? I'll think about the specifics...

And do Asian teams actually have their own Champions League?

EDIT: They do have one...the winner gets 600k and the finalist 400k. Not sure about the other ones though. And according to wiki, the Champion might get 5 MILLION!!! Maybe this challenge would be more tempting in FM09:p

Well the only playable leagues for this challenge would be: A-League, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and South Korea.

Should people be barred from trying this challenge with the A-League, considering the fact that it might be too easy...