Fm2009: Inverness Caledonian Thistle

TtotheOtotheM

Welcome to the Inverness Caley thread for FM2009

Inverness_CT.jpg

Caley are one of the middle table teams in the spl but the aim is to avoid relegation. They play their home games at the Tulloch (local building firm, that built the stadium) Caledonian Stadium.

Caledonian_stadium.jpg

Caledonian Thistle F.C. formed in 1994 following the merger of Caledonian and Inverness Thistle, both members of the Highland Football League, to fill a vacancy in the Scottish Football League. The club's name was amended to Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C.

Thistle are also famous for their Scottish Cup victories over Celtic in 2000 and 2003: winning 3–1 at Celtic Park,[2] resulting in the headline "Super Caley Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious" in The Sun which is now framed in the foyer of Caledonian Stadium,[3] and 1–0.[4] Caledonian Thistle also knocked other SPL teams out of cup competitions, including Motherwell[5] and Hearts.[6] Over the first ten years of their existence the club had been responsible for a total of 11 'shocks' and as a result had gained themselves a reputation as being 'giant killers', but following their promotion to the SPL, they have now joined the ranks of the 'giants' themselves.

Squad:

Well the squad isn't too bad, but if you want to be sure of staying up you will need to sign players.

Goalkeepers

Mike Fraser and Ryan Esson.

Ikey is a great goalkeeper but he can be a tad inconsistent, Ryan doesn't look great on the game so you might want to strengthen there.

Defenders

Ross Tokely, Grant Munro, Lionel Djebi Zabi, David Proctor, Richard Hastings.

The defence at caley is decent, rossco and Munro are ok. Lionel is good on the game but unfortunately not irl. You dont really need to strengthen the defence.

Midfielders

Richie Foran, Ian Black, Zander Sutherland, Roy Mcbain.

I personally feel the midfield is fine, no need for signings here.

Attack

Adam Rooney, Andy Barrowman, Garry Wood

The attack is poor, Rooney will become a class forward and so will Wood but you will definitely need to bring in an experienced forward

*I have not mentioned the entire squad here.

Star players

Ian Black

A tough tackling, centre midfielder. You will receive plenty of offers for him but i always keep him.

010447340826000.jpg

Don Cowie has now left so i will do Garry Wood

Garrys a strong striker but can be very inconsistent and he will miss a lot of great chances as he doesn't have great composure. Give him time and he will become great.

There are also a few good young players.

Shane Sutherland, Dale gillespie and Garry Wood.

Inverness' main rivals are Ross County, many people consider Aberdeen to be a rival but its not a fierce one.

Have fun aboard HMS Sneck!

Nice OP. You think Terry Butcher can turn things around for them irl? Looks like a tough task.

Yeah Ian Black is a quality little player, I wish Aberdeen had tried to get him on a pre contract. I've been an admirer of him for a couple of seasons now.

Archived