The fmx-factor 2!

FMX-Factor2.gif

Welcome to the FMX-Factor 2!

Sponsored By: Dairy Lea Dunkers!

Well, it only seems like six days since the first ever FMX-Factor ended – errr, probably because it is only six days! I’m happy to announce that the champion of the first FMX-Factor – Conners, aka Sirus Lannock – is back to defend his title against 39 others as the FMX-Factor 2 seeks to be even bigger and even better in its second instalment.

For those of you who missed the first one – How did you miss it? – you can go back and read it at these threads.

FMX-Factor sign-up thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=119807

FMX-Factor thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=119717

And if you’ve missed the FMX-Factor 2 sign-up, you can catch it right here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=128691

The 40 players have created players for the FMX-Factor 2 by using their attribute allowance to add onto their mental, physical and technical (goalkeeping for goalies) attributes to improve their player in such a way that they think they can win the FMX-Factor 2 crown.

However, there has been a change this time. The players have not been able to alter their players’ person data. This is to be determined a different way – more on that later!

So: Who has signed up this time?

Most of the participants from FMX-Factor 1 have returned for another attempt with some exceptions. We also have a bunch of new players who are ready to challenge the FMX-Factor one season veterans. Here is the complete list of players:

1. jack.browne (Jack Browne)

2. weeman27bob (Ardas Nails) *

3. 5ergio (Cristiano Kyone) *

4. Atilas Miserly (Havo Bigabelli) *

5. SJ234 (Bob McBob) *

6. magvest (Magnus Vestergaard) *

7. JSalter (Hermann Schneider) *

8. Blanco (Cristobal Blanco) *

9. LardmanCDB (Corporal Punishment) *

10. fergysafc (Liam Ferguson) *

11. Denther (Fred Brookes Jr.) *

12. roberto922 (Robert Jones) *

13. BenArsenal (Ben Cee) *

14. Xx_WeeCoop_xX (Mark Cooper) *

15. conners (Sirus Lannock) *

16. pnefc22 (Wobill Luman) *

17. joetheref (Joe Tomkins) *

18. hamilton162 (Tom Hamilton) *

19. Steadfastmeet (Archie Smith) *

20. az09456 (Az Toscani) *

21. midgetram (Mark Millward) *

22. spartans5 (Lawrence Lazewski Jr.) *

23. AdzH (Adam Holmes) *

24. bergtaur (Owen Le Blanc) *

25. coldkohmew (Setven Jaa) *

26. aka.arrogantio (Moussa N'Diaye) *

27. chave (Gervase Smith) *

28. MattFergie (Matt Ferguson) *

29. striker475 (Zak Smith) *

30. Haowan (Haowan Madridstas) *

31. I\'mTheRulerOfAllTheWorld (Mitchell Williams) *

32. Darren HR (Darren Gilmartin) *

33. ~Ian~ (Brian Danielson) *

34. SnakeXe (Gregory Peck) *

35. AdamFitz (Adam Fitzpatrick) *

36. Canvey!! (Geevus Canvey) *

37. davis (Demetrio Rotondo) *

38. William Hall (Ronaldingo / William Hall) *

39. CowSimao (Philip Almeida) *

40. BelshawFM (Nicolev Cadu) *

GCB, I hear you shout … What are the stars for? The stars show who has answered the questions set in the sign-up thread. Jack Browne has not answered them and when I post the questions and their answers in a moment, he will be out of time. And his player will be at a severe disadvantage. Be warned that the FMX-Factor requires you to take part: if you are going away for a while, make sure you let me know so we can decide what to do in your absence.

So, what now?

I’m going to tell you all about the person data tonight. And then over the next few weeks, I’ll run little bits and bobs although there’ll be nothing major until the end of July when I return from my honeymoon. I’ll probably disappear in three weeks as the wedding approaches so there is no point starting any eliminations or shows yet. I know there are some impatient ones signed up this time (newbies, tut) but I hope they come to be patient. I will post a season a week once we get going.

And anyway … the X-Factor show has about six weeks of build up to the main shows! If it’s good enough for Mr Cowell, it’s good enough for me!

Stay tuned for person data information: the secret of the questions will be revealed!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patience is important but is I think it is important that you keep updating this GCB to make sure you don't get morons saying "Is it dead?".

These updates btw just have to say you will be away or to say I will back soon or whatever:D.

Anyway looking forward to this...

FMX-Factor2.gif

So what were those questions all about????

Well, they were my way of determining your players’ person data for the start of the game. Each question that I asked had something to do with one of the following person data attributes:

Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament;

HOW?!

A few Google searches led me to a few lists of things that were adaptable, places that were ambitious etc … So I designed some questions to get you to choose the animals, American cities etc … And these will be used to determine your person data. So if you chose the most ambitious American city, then you will have your ambition set to 20 … Does that make sense?

I have saved the webpages from the sign-up thread now so if you do go back and edit them, it won’t matter. So you might as well not bother! :)

More details soon but this is what you were looking for:

Adaptable animals; Ambitious American cities; Controversial rock stars; Determined animated movies heroines; Loyal Footballers; Planets with atmospheric pressure; Professional looking fonts; Sportsmanship shown by disliking the worst disciplined footballers; and Temperamental car makes.

It was obvious really wasn’t it?!

FMX-Factor2.gif

So what were those questions all about????

Well, they were my way of determining your players’ person data for the start of the game. Each question that I asked had something to do with one of the following person data attributes:

Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament;

HOW?!

A few Google searches led me to a few lists of things that were adaptable, places that were ambitious etc … So I designed some questions to get you to choose the animals, American cities etc … And these will be used to determine your person data. So if you chose the most ambitious American city, then you will have your ambition set to 20 … Does that make sense?

I have saved the webpages from the sign-up thread now so if you do go back and edit them, it won’t matter. So you might as well not bother! :)

More details soon but this is what you were looking for:

Adaptable animals; Ambitious American cities; Controversial rock stars; Determined animated movies heroines; Loyal Footballers; Planets with atmospheric pressure; Professional looking fonts; Sportsmanship shown by disliking the worst disciplined footballers; and Temperamental car makes.

It was obvious really wasn’t it?!

Genius :D

FMX-Factor2.gif

ADAPTABILITY

The question was:

Which of these seven animals would you most rather be?

Giraffe – Bobcat – Coyote – Raccoon – Whale – Fruit Fly – Dog

According to a Google search for ‘adaptable animals,’ the most adaptable animal is the COYOTE so if you answered that you would rather be a coyote, then your adaptability is set to 20.

Out of the seven animals shown, the least adaptable according to the search is the FRUIT BAT so if you answered that you would rather be a fruit bat, then your adaptability is way down at 2.

The rest are as follows:

Coyotes = 20; Dogs = 17; Raccoons = 14; Giraffes = 11; Whales = 8; Bobcats = 5; Fruit Bats = 2.

FMX-Factor2.gif

AMBITION

The question was:

Which of these US cities would you move to if you had to?

San Francisco – Washington – Phoenix – New York – Houston – Los Angeles – Miami – Dallas – Atlanta – California

A Google search for something ambitious led me to the ten most ambitious American cities.

If you answered that you’d prefer to move to Atlanta – America’s most ambitious city – then your ambition is set to 20.

If you answered Washington, that is the tenth most ambitious: your attribute will be set at 2.

The rest are as follows:

Atlanta = 20; Los Angeles = 18; Phoenix = 16; California = 14; Miami = 12; New York = 10; San Francisco = 8; Dallas = 6; Houston = 4; Washington = 2.

FMX-Factor2.gif

CONTROVERSY

The question was:

Which of these rock stars do you listen to most often?

Keith Richards – Marilyn Manson – Courtney Love – Ozzy Osbourne – Michael Jackson – Britney Spears – Sid Vicious – Amy Winehouse – Pete Doherty – Madonna

A Google search for controversial rock stars led me to a top ten list.

If you answered that you listen to Sid Vicious most often, then he is the most controversial so your controversy will be 20.

If you answered Madonna, she is the least controversial of the list. Your controversy will be set at 2 instead.

The rest are as follows:

Sid Vicious = 20; Ozzy Osbourne = 18; Keith Richards = 16; Amy Winehouse = 14; Michael Jackson = 12; Marilyn Manson = 10; Pete Doherty = 8; Britney Spears = 6; Courtney Love = 4; Madonna = 2.

FMX-Factor2.gif

DETERMINATION

The question was:

Which of these animated movie heroines is your favourite?

Anastasia – Princess Jasmine – Esmerelda – Pocahontas – Mulan – Cinderella

Rock stars to animated heroines. Ha. There is a list on the internet that is created by people voting for which heroine they think is most determined. So I had to use that!

If you prefer Mulan, you chose the most determined of them. You determination is set to 20.

However, Princess Jasmine is not so determined and would only score you 3 for your determination … although she does have a genie at her beckon call.

The rest are as follows:

Mulan = 20; Anastacia = 17; Pocahontas = 14; Esmerelda = 11; Cinderella = 7; Princess Jasmine = 3.

FMX-Factor2.gif

LOYALTY

The question was:

Which of these footballers do you most admire?

Totti (Roma) – Harper (Newcastle) – Giggs (Man U) – Scholes (Man U) – Maldini (Milan) – Neville (Man U) – Del Piero (Juventus)

Back to football.

If you most admire Paolo Maldini, there is a list that proclaims him the most loyal footballer in Europe so you score 20 for your loyalty attribute.

Out of the seven, Allessandro Del Piero is the least loyal of them all – though still pretty loyal IRL – and would only score you 2 for loyalty.

The rest are as follows:

Maldini = 20; Giggs = 17; Totti = 14; Neville = 11; Scholes = 8; Harper = 5; Del Piero = 2.

FMX-Factor2.gif

PRESSURE

The question was:

Which of these planets would you most like to visit if you could?

Saturn – Mars – Uranus – Mercury – Neptune – Jupiter – Venus

This was the most difficult to come up with a question for.

Jupiter has the highest pressure so if you want to go there you must be able to handle the pressure, your pressure is set to 20.

Mercury has the least atmospheric pressure so it doesn't need to deal with pressure very well. If you want to visit Mercury most, then your pressure is 2.

The rest are as follows:

Jupiter = 20; Saturn = 17; Uranus = 14; Neptune = 11; Venus = 8; Mars = 5; Mercury = 2.

FMX-Factor2.gif

LOYALTY

The question was:

Which of these planets would you most like to visit if you could?

Saturn – Mars – Uranus – Mercury – Neptune – Jupiter – Venus

This was the most difficult to come up with a question for.

Mercury has the least atmospheric pressure so it clearly deals with pressure best. If you want to visit Mercury most, then your pressure is 20.

Jupiter has the highest pressure so if you want to go there, your pressure is set to 2.

The rest are as follows:

Mercury = 20; Mars = 17; Venus = 14; Neptune = 11; Uranus = 8; Saturn = 5; Jupiter = 2.

FMX-Factor2.gif

LOYALTY

The question was:

Which of these footballers do you most admire?

Totti (Roma) – Harper (Newcastle) – Giggs (Man U) – Scholes (Man U) – Maldini (Milan) – Neville (Man U) – Del Piero (Juventus)

Back to football.

If you most admire Paolo Maldini, there is a list that proclaims him the most loyal footballer in Europe so you score 20 for your loyalty attribute.

Out of the seven, Allessandro Del Piero is the least loyal of them all – though still pretty loyal IRL – and would only score you 2 for loyalty.

The rest are as follows:

Maldini = 20; Giggs = 17; Totti = 14; Neville = 11; Scholes = 8; Harper = 5; Del Piero = 2.

:eek: both LOYALTY :p

FMX-Factor2.gif

PROFESSIONALISM

The question was:

Which font do you prefer to use when typing?

Comic Sans – Garamond – Trebuchet – Times New Roman – Bookman Old Style – Arial - Tahoma

Apparently, you can tell a lot about a person’s professionalism by the font they choose to use.

Arial is the way to go if you’re ultra professional and would get your professionalism set to 20.

However, Comic Sans is not very professional at all. If you chose it, you get 2.

The rest are as follows:

Arial = 20; Times New Roman = 17; Garamond = 14; Tahoma = 11; Bookman Old Style = 8; Trebuchet = 5; Comic Sans = 2.

arrr man I was just typing my application when you posted this!

I haven't read this thread and don't know what the questions mean so does that mean my application still can stand instead of Ediocy, or is he actually an active player?

i'd be really happy if you could consider me for that 40th place, and if not i'd love to be first reserve.

thanks, and my application is on the sign-up page...

FMX-Factor2.gif

SPORTSMANSHIP

The question was:

Which of these players do you dislike the most?

Ashbee (Hull) – Nolan (Newcastle) – Fellaini (Everton) – Cattermole (Wigan) – McCann (Bolton) – Palacios (Spurs) – Bardsley (Sunderland) – Fuller (Stoke) – Johnson (Pompey) – Richardson (Sunderland)

These are the ten worst disciplined players in last season’s Premier League so if you dislike the worst disciplined, then you must be a very sporting person – that’s the theory anyway!

Wilson Palacios was the least disciplined player of 08/09 so if you dislike him most, your sportsmanship will be set to 20.

The most well behaved of those players was Glen Johnson so choosing him means your not very sportsmanlike and your attribute is set to 2.

The rest are as follows:

Palacios = 20; Fellaini = 18; Richardson = 16; Bardsley = 14; Cattermole = 12; Ashbee = 10; Fuller = 8; McCann = 6; Nolan = 4; Johnson = 2.

arrr man I was just typing my application when you posted this!

I haven't read this thread and don't know what the questions mean so does that mean my application still can stand instead of Ediocy, or is he actually an active player?

i'd be really happy if you could consider me for that 40th place, and if not i'd love to be first reserve.

thanks, and my application is on the sign-up page...

Yeah, you're in.

EDIT: There's no way he was cheating with some of those answers!

FMX-Factor2.gif

TEMPERAMENT

The question was:

Which of these car makes would you like to own?

Ford – Subaru – Skoda – Suzuki – Land Rover – Porsche – Honda – Jaguar – Jeep – Mazda

The Google search took me to temperamental cars: most and least temperamental to be exact.

The least temperamental, i.e. most reliable, car is a Skoda so if you put that, then your temperament is set to 20. I’m guessing that’s not many of you …

The most temperamental, i.e. least reliable, car is a Porsche so if you put that, then your temperament is set at 2. I’m guessing that’s quite a few of you …

The rest are as follows:

Skoda = 20; Mazda = 18; Honda = 16; Suzuki = 14; Ford = 12; Jaguar = 10; Land Rover = 8; Subaru = 6; Jeep = 4; Porsche = 2.

Cool :)

By the looks of things I didn't do too well on the personality test anyway, so my lateness wasn't a blessing, haha.

When will you be looking to get everything running?

Check first few posts. It will be steady pace until end of July and then it'll get going from there onwards - a season per week.

FMX-Factor2.gif

SO THAT'S ALL THE QUESTIONS ...

I'll aim to put a spreadsheet up tomorrow with all the person data stats in it so everyone can see at a glance who did well out of the auditions and who didn't ...

Next week, I'll try to get the database all sorted out and then we can get Boot Camp up and running. I'll also post the exact details of how this is going to work. Obviously, I have a successful model from FMX-Factor 1 but I want to make a few changes and I need to decide exactly what to do and when.

Have a good rest of the weekend folks.

Adaptability: 20

Ambition: 12

Controversy: 10

Determination: 17

Loyalty: 14

Pressure: 14

Professionalism: 11

Sportmanship: 4

Temperament: 18

That's a good setup for Kyris except for the low sportmanship. Such a genius your are GCB. Well thought idea for personal attributes :thup: Have fun in the upcoming weeks mate. Congrats on the wedding.

Very amusing.

Porsche, unreliable? But they're German! :D

And Madonna least controversial. Well I never. :p

And you know the Germans make good stuff. I think Michael Jackson should be waaaaaay more controversial, but whatever.

FMX-Factor2.gif

PERSON DATA

Forgot to mention that I won't be allowing you to use attribute reward points to boost your person data either. I will be having lots of little bits and bobs going on to improve/worsen these stats though. In particular, watch out for voting rewards - I want you all voting this time so I am going to be making voting important to person data.

Archived