We need a patch before january

Sorry SI but I am seeing so many problems listed that I think we REALLY need a patch pre January/February. At least send us something that will improve the minimal problems.

Eg. Player faces missing, LA Galaxy leaking money, Friendly matches affecting board confidence, B teams unable to sign players. There are many many more. I'm sure some of these have had a solution already found as I dont belive you guys do nothing since release day. So please can we have a patch update to correct some things before the data update in January/February?

You used to do this on earlier versions, FM06 I believe.

I think that the players faces is more down to licencing than anything else and not really a bug. If you want more then look in the graphics & skinning forum or sortitouts. I might be in the minority here but I really don't think the game needs another patch right now. I'm enjoying the game as it is and am more than happy to wait until January\February for an update\patch.

Now is before January. We're nearly in December. Yes, I mean a second one since there are so many problems in the game that only reading the forums makes you depressed :)

I think we need a patch, if its small then its something but some of the problems are so easy to solve I'm sure SI have already solved them, I'll be happy with that for now. Just wanna enjoy the game.

The players faces is not licensing, Regens should have faces. Some posts clearly show them looking like Freddy Kruger or the Invisible man. Glad ure enjoying the game but for one of you (enjoying it) there are hundreds who have problems. One little patch could help some people, maybe not all ppl but some ppl is better than nothing.

I think that the players faces is more down to licencing than anything else and not really a bug. If you want more then look in the graphics & skinning forum or sortitouts. I might be in the minority here but I really don't think the game needs another patch right now. I'm enjoying the game as it is and am more than happy to wait until January\February for an update\patch.

a patch is nothing more than a game improvement. if you're for some reason against an improvement to the game then fanboy has to come to mind

February/March...why? Why not release one sooner, even if its small, if it can help then its only a good thing. If SI wait until February or March they will start to look more like CM with a game that only works near to perfection when the new one is released. Its wrong and if they value customer service, which upto now they have then release a patch, however minimal.

I think the plan was to have smaller, more regular bug fixes utilising Steam to update on people who authenticated through that - but I imagine whether that will materialise depends on their figures for authentication through Steam. Also patch 9.1.1 for Mac is still throwing quite a few problems up so I'd expect to see that addressed, and possibly a mac demo patch which there currently isn't, before we see any more pc patches.

Untrue homerjnick. In FM06 I remember 3 patches in total, a second was released shortly after the first as they noticed numerous problems. Also I dont see the Steam thing as being a solution, its causing most of the problems and as a system stinks (to use a more appropriate word). I think if SI value customer service and don't want to end up like CM then they need to release a patch before the "second" one. So many ppl are leaving the franchise or moving back to 08 or 07 and his will harm them in future as the newbies cant be relied on since they will play whatever sounds cool. Most were playin EA Fifa Manager for f sake!

Untrue homerjnick. In FM06 I remember 3 patches in total, a second was released shortly after the first as they noticed numerous problems. Also I dont see the Steam thing as being a solution, its causing most of the problems and as a system stinks (to use a more appropriate word). I think if SI value customer service and don't want to end up like CM then they need to release a patch before the "second" one. So many ppl are leaving the franchise or moving back to 08 or 07 and his will harm them in future as the newbies cant be relied on since they will play whatever sounds cool. Most were playin EA Fifa Manager for f sake!

Correct but that 3rd one was a very small fix to fix a problem after the 2nd patch, it included no other fixes.

SI aim for 2 patches a year.

I agree they need to sort it out. Im a big fan of the game and have been for some time and to be honest they are the only people who have ever realesed an unfinshed game and have done so year after year. certain bugs like the 24th of july need to be made a priority rather than waiting for a patch in march?

"Correct but that 3rd one was a very small fix to fix a problem after the 2nd patch, it included no other fixes."

That's what we need, a small patch that will fix the main problems and keep people satisfied. Leagues like Italy, Spain, US and a few others have major errors, even the English league has some issues which need urgent resolve. These problems are ruining the enjoyment of some and not allowing many to play the game. Its a simple customer service issue, if SI value their customers they NEED to release a patch/fix. If not then they may aswell become part of the CM franchise since sticking to 2 updates a season is not how to deal with customer support/needs. Surely SI have fixed some problems and if so, then release these fixes. If only a few are satisfied its better than having more disatisfied!

Waiting for the "second" patch is NOT good customer service. Think of it this way, you buy a computer, it has a damaged processor you take it back to the shop and they reply "Sorry, when the next batch of processors come in we will replace it". Its not professional or to use business terms "A good means of character".

Release something nice SI. Please keep your customers happy. They wont stay loyal forever on broken promises.

manc101 --->> very funny...NOT!

dexta200 --->> They do NEED one now. You expect ppl to go through Xmas annoyed and upset?? Such great Xmas spirit.

Its not a data patch I'm asking for, that can wait til January/February or March. I'm asking for a patch to fix the problems that people keep encountering and which SI appear to have solved. In this case why keep people/customers waiting. We have paid good money and otherwise this sounds like a broken promise of trade.

99% of players are NOT happy. Check these forums. So many ppl claiming to have problems even if they are playing they are still unhappy over something. And if there's no patch it proves SI don't care about Customer Satisfaction, a really sad thing since they show off about their podcast and forums and say on endless marketing drives how they care for the user. If they really care please release a patch, however small.

99% of players are NOT happy. Check these forums. So many ppl claiming to have problems even if they are playing they are still unhappy over something. And if there's no patch it proves SI don't care about Customer Satisfaction, a really sad thing since they show off about their podcast and forums and say on endless marketing drives how they care for the user. If they really care please release a patch, however small.

99% of people don't use these forums and also most people sign up to complain. New players don't sign up to post how great they find the game...

The problems are not "in" the game that have been reported here but actually just getting the game to be authenticated and running.

By far the majority of those who have authenticated AND are running the game with the recommended specifications are enjoying the game.

And they still find problems. I disagree with the suggestion that many just sign up to complain. Most posters are long-term users and have posted more than 100 times. Its silly to just sit and await a patch twice a year. We are the customer and we should have the satisfaction of having our problems however small, dealt with. Its not a big ask and SI have the fixes to some issues that would make many ppl happy.

And they still find problems. I disagree with the suggestion that many just sign up to complain. Most posters are long-term users and have posted more than 100 times. Its silly to just sit and await a patch twice a year. We are the customer and we should have the satisfaction of having our problems however small, dealt with. Its not a big ask and SI have the fixes to some issues that would make many ppl happy.

Well SI said over 200,000 copies were currently being played, 1% of that is 2000 and i'm sure 2000 people have not complained on here, its such a small percentage...

How do you know that all those copies ARE being played? YOu're insinuating that all is well and that SI can just leave us to a side to accept what's given. We are customers, a small fix will make ppl happy. Its called customer service and its something that keeps a company in business. It a small ask I feel, SI need only make ppl happy.

I don't think anyone of us can say either way so everyone indignantly sticking one side of the post might want to save their blushes just in case. This year is different to past years - if a large portion of players have used Steam it may well be valid for SI to release numerous small 'hotfixes' between main patches or even just lots of updates to the patch, but as we've seen with the Macs release of the main patch its not all that simple - because inevitably some people are going to have problems with the fix, so if that does become the way it's done these forums will probably permanently light up like the BBC complaints switchboard after the whole Brand/Ross incident...

I think we just have to wait and see, at least until someone from SI can give an answer ;)

There are no showstoppers in FM yet, the SC Italian bug is about the only one and can be avoided.

Can be avoided, true.. but only if you know about it. I certainly wasn't very happy to have the game crashing after spending almost two days in game tinkering with every little detail. I think it's safe to assume there's loads of people playing the game with Serie C included, and a lot of people who simply are ignorant of these things. I would categorize it as a potential showstopper for sure.

I think this "2 patches a year -policy" is starting to get a bit outdated anyway, with the modern Internet. Most games that use frequent patching distribute their fixes with an automatic updater that ships with the game, allowing for quicker and more convenient way to deal with bugs. Not to mention caters for even those that don't realize there's a potential problem with their game.

Waiting for the "second" patch is NOT good customer service. Think of it this way, you buy a computer, it has a damaged processor you take it back to the shop and they reply "Sorry, when the next batch of processors come in we will replace it". Its not professional or to use business terms "A good means of character".

Release something nice SI. Please keep your customers happy. They wont stay loyal forever on broken promises.

manc101 --->> very funny...NOT!

I wasnt trying to be funny. I havent encountered a single problem.

Yes and lets see if SI actually give an answer. I do think we need minos fixes, a patch or whatever you want to call it. Ppl seem to be confusing a patch fix with a data fix and its not the same thing. We need some update on this matter. I feel it's worse than the Brand/Ross debacle.

manc101 ---> Have you actually played the game? I think you chose a big team and did nothing. :)

Its true the current policy is outdated. When a proble is reviewed and fixed, a fix should be posted and not have to wait for a main patch with a data update, which is not what I'm asking for.

manc101 ---> Have you actually played the game? I think you chose a big team and did nothing. :)

Its true the current policy is outdated. When a proble is reviewed and fixed, a fix should be posted and not have to wait for a main patch with a data update, which is not what I'm asking for.

Yes. If you call Man City a big team \o/

Its playable but there are some serious error that make it tricky to stay motivated. The 24th July bug is one such example but go to the Bugs forum and there are sooo many. I'm sure SI have fixed some, so just send those fixes over and don't keep us waiting till next year!

Archived