Closed Thread

Thread: It's Been Fun....I'll Miss You

Amateur

Well,it's been a lomg time coming. I've come to the end of my managerial career. it's been a LONG,exciting and at times nail biting journey.

Sorry but FM has taken a grip hold on my life. If their were such a group (FM Anonymous) i'd be on the full time rota.

My Name is John. I'm 21 and i'm addicted to FM.

It all started at the tender age of 10. CM97/98. My first real glance at Simulated management. It was a friends game and whenever i stayed over thats what we played. (Sometimes i wonder if that game was the only reason i slept over, come to think about it, it's probably the only reason we hung out. Not seen him in years now.) To be honest the game saw me more than he did.

Since then i have bought every game SI have made. Got a lot of my friends hooked too, especially during my school years. their must of been about 6 of us that would play it religiously and exchange our stories,transfer coups,etc.(Ahh...The good ol' dayz)

However, now i am at an age where games shouldn't be playing as big an influence in my life. I don't fit FM around my life, I fit my life around FM!

So i knew this time would one day come, and it is time to move on. i am handing in my managerial badge for the forseeable future. I cherish all the memories and thank you SI for making the best, most addictive management sims EVER!

Until i get the keegan itch, I bid you all a fond Farewell.

Amateur

Well,it's been a lomg time coming. I've come to the end of my managerial career. it's been a LONG,exciting and at times nail biting journey.

Sorry but FM has taken a grip hold on my life. If their were such a group (FM Anonymous) i'd be on the full time rota.

My Name is John. I'm 21 and i'm addicted to FM.

It all started at the tender age of 10. CM97/98. My first real glance at Simulated management. It was a friends game and whenever i stayed over thats what we played. (Sometimes i wonder if that game was the only reason i slept over, come to think about it, it's probably the only reason we hung out. Not seen him in years now.) To be honest the game saw me more than he did.

Since then i have bought every game SI have made. Got a lot of my friends hooked too, especially during my school years. their must of been about 6 of us that would play it religiously and exchange our stories,transfer coups,etc.(Ahh...The good ol' dayz)

However, now i am at an age where games shouldn't be playing as big an influence in my life. I don't fit FM around my life, I fit my life around FM!

So i knew this time would one day come, and it is time to move on. i am handing in my managerial badge for the forseeable future. I cherish all the memories and thank you SI for making the best, most addictive management sims EVER!

Until i get the keegan itch, I bid you all a fond Farewell.

First Team Squad Member

Goodbye and Good luck

I'm sure you'll be back soon though the temptaion will get the better of you.

Amateur

See you tomorow...

First Team

I give it a week

Third Team

Tut tut you fader.

I'm 25 with a wife and daughter, I work 9-5 and I cut the grass and wash the car on Sundays, but the 30 mins or so of FM every night when my daughters in bed and the missus is watching Corrie is still hard to beat.

Don't go cold turkey just cut down.

Amateur

probably playing right now....

Amateur

thanks guys, wasn't expexting replies.

I assure you i won't be back anytime soon. maybe in a few years or so.

i have strong will power. quit smoking 8 weeks ago on will power alone. no patches, sticks, nothing. I had been smoking since i was a kid too.

i'll just focus my attention on something else.

Anyways, Bye Guys and enjoy your games.

First Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bytheway:

i have strong will power. quit smoking 8 weeks ago on will power alone. no patches, sticks, nothing. I had been smoking since i was a kid too.

Anyways, Bye Guys and enjoy your games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all honesty, as Nomis stated, theres ALWAYS time for FM.

Me, I run a pub for a living, I'm 23 and go to the gym 4 times a week. I have just bought a house with my GF 6 months ago, and it takes me an HOUR to travel to work, and an hour home. On weekends I'm tied down to family activities, (Sunday mine, Saturday hers), and I also spend a lot of my free time making music. On top of that, I frequent about 10 different forums for different things, (Thats daily), and fit in 1 hour of COD4 a day on my PS3. On top of all that, I manage to run a Fantasy Football game in the challenge forum, and am 31 seasons into my current FM save.

I don't have less than 6 hours sleep any night.

Theres ALWAYS time for FM.

Part-timer
    Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Planet Earth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bytheway:

No one can honestly say they have quit smoking after just 8 weeks, you are only in the process of quitting.

I'll give him 6-7 months of no FM, then a new season will have come around, with new exciting transfers and board take-overs and he'll be back for 2009.

Amateur

courage, dude. i'm 28 and married and working and i still play (at work). a few times i quit out of boredom of playing, but the boredom of not playing was worse. the worst was at military, i had 5 hrs of freedom every week, which meant i could play for 4,5 hrs.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

No one can honestly say they have quit smoking after just 8 weeks, you are only in the process of quitting.

I'll give him 6-7 months of no FM, then a new season will have come around, with new exciting transfers and board take-overs and he'll be back for 2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate, any smoker will tell you 8 weeks feels like an eternity.

Feels even longer with no help. Don't take away from what i have managed.
    most smokers that are trying to quit end up lapsing in the first 2 weeks. Most use help aids such as patches etc. Most try quiting numerous times before acomplishing their goal.

No one in my family beleived i could do it. constantly saying "You'll not quit".

I know it's only 8 weeks but to me it may as well be 8 years. i feel better in myself, i don't have any urges to smoke.

the mind is a powerful thing.

Nay-sayers make me chuckle.

Amateur

i know youre playing it right now

First Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:
    i know youre playing it right now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dead cert.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

fraid not.

it's been completely removed from my computer. even deleted my saved games. on one i got into 2013. furthest i have been this edition of fm.

Amateur

i'm afraid that i'm a fm-aholic, and have admitted as much on another thread, but i don't wanna quit. and i'm 25 and have a wife and kid. i give you 2 weeks

I would stop smoking but ive never been a quitter

Part-timer
    Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Planet Earth

I'm an ex smoker myself so I know exactly what I'm talking about. It took over a year for me to say with confidence that I had quit for good. Not to be a downer but 8 weeks is nothing.

ps I'm 28, have been playing FM/CM for roughly 15 years and see no reason to give it up. Don't play as much as I used to, but found joining a clan made the game more enjoyable. I barely play outwith the clan these days, it's not as much fun.

Amateur
    Two birds in the bush are worth far more than one in the hand.

Congratulations on stopping smoking. It can be a very hard thing to do.

Giving up FM however . . . . . .

Youth Team

I'm 54, married with two kids in their 20s, a fairly heavy-duty job and other obligations. I find I go through phases with FM. Sometimes, like right now, I play a lot, and post here a lot. Then there will be times when I just don't have the time, or other interests (I know, I'm sorry!) intrude and I might go a month or two without playing at all. And sometimes, I realize that maybe I've allowed FM to become a little too invasive and I consciously back off.

Enjoy.

Semi Pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

I'll give him 6-7 months of no FM, then a new season will have come around, with new exciting transfers and board take-overs and he'll be back for 2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate, any smoker will tell you 8 weeks feels like an eternity.

Feels even longer with no help. Don't take away from what i have managed.
    most smokers that are trying to quit end up lapsing in the first 2 weeks. Most use help aids such as patches etc. Most try quiting numerous times before acomplishing their goal.

No one in my family beleived i could do it. constantly saying "You'll not quit".

I know it's only 8 weeks but to me it may as well be 8 years. i feel better in myself, i don't have any urges to smoke.

the mind is a powerful thing.

Nay-sayers make me chuckle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I last 2 hours when i tried ho quit smoking, never tried to quit fm though.

Youth Team

I also suspect that bytheway has a young lady in mind. Just a thought...

Amateur
    Two birds in the bush are worth far more than one in the hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:
    I also suspect that bytheway has a young lady in mind. Just a thought... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't we all though.

Semi Pro
    Men like this should have their heads broken with a vase.

i have been playing FM for 10 years now i was 9 i think i started playing with my cousin, i was into FIFA on the playstation. but when i saw him play this game i thought why not? havent looked back since i am 19 at uni.. I have said many many times to my self that I WOULD STOP PLAYING FM.. deleted the whole game and save games.. come a week later couldnt resist to say only one game honestly.... but when i have exams or assingments to give i can easily stop myself from playing but i cannot cut it from my life completly.. i have told my girlfriend if we do marry the FM is coming with us LOL

I had given up on 08 for a few months until the urge came surging back with the latest patch and checking the Challenge Forum.

Gundo's Challenge FTW!!!

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

I can't see I'll ever lose the FM bug. I may slack off for a little while to give something else a whirl though. I've just ordered CRYSIS, so FM may take a back seat.

Inevitably, I always end up back with FM though.

33, married, busy social life, Spanish property renovation business, but still squeeze enough time in for my gaming.

Reserves

Mate, I've changed jobs, changed countries, changed CONTINENTS, changes girlfreinds and wives. Every time I've packed in CM/FM but every time I've come back to it. Don't regret a moment!

Amateur

I don't really understand why you have to give somthing up like this. Smoking -yes, but a computer game? Why not just play it a bit less if it's starting to rule your life. I'm 36, have a full time job, just in a new relationship which I want to give a lot of time to. But I still have time for the odd session of FM now and again.

Still, it's your choice and if it makes you happy fair enough.

Part-timer

I`m married with 5 kids and host a clan and play in another clan but don`t really play fm on my own as its not the same atmosphere and i miss all the banter you get from talking to the others in the clan so don`t get rid of it comletely just cut back your playing time

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:
    I`m married with 5 kids and host a clan and play in another clan but don`t really play fm on my own as its not the same atmosphere and i miss all the banter you get from talking to the others in the clan so don`t get rid of it comletely just cut back your playing time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you must be out of these: .................................................. ..........

Take 'em, and use them.

Part-Timer
    Dordrecht, The Netherlands. FM08 Salernitana game season 80

i'm 26, full time job, live together with my girlfriend in our own home, still playing FM 51 hours a week

I have a laptop, so I can play in the living room, and my girlfriend watch television or read a book, so I don't lock up in a room.

And I have a very small laptop 12 inch screen, so my girlfriend can see me and not the back of my laptop.

play is smart mate

Amateur
    Paris FC 2000, about to start our first Ligue 2 campaign!

To the OP: You'll be back! They all come back!!!

Because I do shift work, I have plenty of time when my girlfriend isn't about to play FM. Been an addict since CM: Italia

Amateur

woow, when i read the initial post i thought i was drunk last night and wrote it myself.
    the history of illness is completely same!

i had a friend, except we played at my home,... wait a minute... maybe he's mine friend which i hadn't seen for years ...? damir? is that you?

ok, enough of laugh, but give the man some slack, if he wants to quit. don't ridicule him, if he gets back to game fine, if not even better.

Third Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blayhod:
    woow, when i read the initial post i thought i was drunk last night and wrote it myself.
    the history of illness is completely same!

i had a friend, except we played at my home,... wait a minute... maybe he's mine friend which i hadn't seen for years ...? damir? is that you?

ok, enough of laugh, but give the man some slack, if he wants to quit. don't ridicule him, if he gets back to game fine, if not even better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're not ridiculing him, it's all just light hearted joking.

We've all been there and tried to give up before, I hardly played FM05 or FM06 because my daughter was born in 04, but now that she's sleeping through the night I can grab a half hour every so often. It's like a very attractive woman who is really nasty to you, you're still always tempted back and then you marry th em

Amateur

bye bye

i am 31 and my life still sing around my games haha

Amateur

Question is....

Why would you WANT to stop playing FM?

Amateur

I recently gave up for my girlfriend as normally a fairly calm and relaxed person, but FM does have the ability to really make me lose it at times, and its not a healthy situation. I lasted 2 days, as my girlfriend the whole time was almost begging me to play again. Partly because she knows how much I love it, and probably because she knew how miserable I'd be not playing lol.

I've been playing since the very first CM games came out, and played every one, and even have my girlfriend playing. I am addicted though, severely, and it's not good, but luckily my girlfriend is becoming more so, so I can get away with a LOT of play, and if she starts to miss me (my computer is in the lounge, but she misses us sat next to each other), I will just suggest we play our game, which keeps me playing, and shes happy as she gets to be with me lol.

I don't think I ever could or would want to give up. I don't have children yet, but FM is like one of my kids, and it's been in my life a LOT longer than my girlfriend has!

Amateur

Just a point to add, my girlfriend never wanted me to give up, I did it off my own back as it affects my mood and personality in bad ways at times, and I felt so sorry for her having to put up with me. I didn't want it to affect our relationship in such a bad way.

Must say I got some brownie points for giving up on my own, and only going back after she told me to a million times!

Amateur

I found it easier to give up smoking than to stop gaming.

FM - now that is a real addiciton, for life :-)

Amateur

2115-The world has been wiped off the human race.Just a day before,nuclear and plasma bombs,were dropped all over the world.Now there is nobody in sight,not even an animal.All is there is the lonely spider and fly,who are depending on each other.Beneath the spiders-web lays the thing which the humans fought for.The lust,the greed but the enjoyment second to nothing.There laid the last copy of FM,FM-2115.Nobody was its last owner,it just laid there,then came the unknown creature,picked it up,and zoomed away to Planet Gliese.The spider pitied him,as his civilization would be wiped out too.

Great advert for FM09(or FM 2115)

good luck! there is a home here for you with us!

Amateur

Hi my name is mungy and I am an FM addict.

My addiction started out when a mate game me his copy of CM in 1993. We were all into Sensi Soccer and Kick Off as well and he didn't like the game. I took to it straight away and have been buying it ever since.

When I got access to the internet and the fantastic place that was tech cities I found out wonderful cheats and tactics and information that turned me into the dirty stinking addict that I am today. I think nothing of using FMM to boost my players and will willingly replay cup matches until I win. This resulove comes from the 20 minute stat-up that CM took on my Amiga.

Now I am married with an almost 4 year old daughter. So it is possible to have a relationship and play FM.

And yeah, I have given this game up every year only to buy it again.

I haven't smoked for 10 years though.

Thank you for letting me share.

Reserves
    FMSer of the Year & Writer of the Year 2012

Been playing since the first CM game brought everyone since and totally love the game. the days would be boring without football manager, my missus has realised that she doesn't stnad a chance of getting me off the game

Amateur

Wow, This has become FM Anonymous.

Firstly, this was supposed to be a simple goodbye thread. the funny thing is, it's the first discussion i've started in these forums and it's to say goodbye to the game.

all the replies and stories of other peoples addiction/love for fm have been an enjoyable read.

It's nice to know theirs other people who feel just as addicted as myself.

Although i have begun the cold turkey period, i will still check in on the forums every now and again to see the odd bit of banter and so on...
    ever since i found this forum i have used it and enjoyed it. It's a great community.

Also if ya wanna know how i am at the moment towards urges of re-installing FM, Fast-Forward 30mins or so into Trainspotting and take it from there. LOL

Only joking, It's not been long enough yet, although a friend of mine that i was talking to last night started talking about his current CM03/04 Saved game. I could of swore my eye started twitching.

Anyways, i'm out.

See Ya Soon!

Amateur

What is this, FM Rehab?

I think FM is becoming a drug, and we're all Junkies.

Oh... I'm 20, unemployed and I am addicted to FM.

Amateur

2010-October 28th.Geneva

Miles Jacobson and his team,are smuggling a drug,FM all over the world from their headquarters in Geneva.Police have been granted a search warrant to search the HQ.Miles is on the run.

Amateur

For those who has read "FM almost got me killed" in FM stories about 2 years ago, just want those who never read it understand that FM is just a game. Its life that isn't. Play the darn game but don't let it change your life.

I broke two legs because of playing FM. And I'm still playing it even now. Cuz I don't blame the game for my misfortunes, I blame myself. We all have ourselves to blame.

But with all due respect to the guy leaving the game: Its alright. We'll miss you (I think). And you're always welcome to comeback to the game (Of course).

Amateur

i wanna know,i really wanna know how you broke your legs coz of FM

Amateur

i wanna know,i really wanna know how you broke your legs coz of FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, its an old story. But I don't expect you to believe it though. Look for it in FM stories forum. If I can remember, its been closed for while now I guess

Reserves

i wanna know,i really wanna know how you broke your legs coz of FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's just say that bomjr's experience taught me to keep my laptop and my FM disc well away from my car at all times!

Amateur

I've been praying for a long time that there would be others out there like me. I thought I had no one to turn to, that no one would understand my pain. But now I feel comfotable enough to say that I...am an FM-oholic.

It took a long while to ralise I had a problem. My greatest ever achievement in FM (possible even in life) was aged 15 when I decidd to try lower league managment for the first time. I successfully guided Hull from third division to champions league in 5 seasons, thanks to the brilliance of Marco Negri (rangers fans?).

I have long thought about snapping FM in half, and played frisbie with CM4 out my bedroom window. A compromise was to not buy FM08 and ween myself off gradually. Still I am playing FM07 however and I don't know if I have the will power not to buy FM08 much longer...

Yeah I know it's just a game, but this is a real problem when it comes to having essays to write and exams to study for, and I just can't help but think; 'just a quick half-hour...' Then suddenly it's deadline day and I'm screwed

Good luck bytheway. You will need it!!!

Amateur

bytheway- i started playing the game much like you, it was cm3 my friends older brother got a pc for christmas and he kept playing this game, i was facianated by it and would sit there watching him for hours.

after a couple of weeks, he asked me to take over my beloved toon and he took over cov city. After a few minutes of the game i was hooked, havent looked back since. i now have every single cm and fm. i used to work up to 13 hours a day as my trad is a carpenter/joiner doing shuttering, so the hours were long and as soon as i got home id sit with the missus, spend some time with my little boy,before he went bed, have a bath while missus watched the the soaps and put the kiddy to bed. then come down fall asleep on the sofa, weekends also just no time to do nothing, friday nights get an early night as i have footy the next day, saturday mornings. get up early soccer am on watch that, have breakfast and that while missus went shopping and i looked after the littleun. leave for footy at 11.30 on away days, as much games are long journeys, then sundays go out with missus and kiddie. i never had time to play my beloved game.

I was dejectedly a fawlaund figure, i went to work as normal on the 10 of december 2007 when i fell down a hole, ripped all my knee liggaments and have had to have surgery and 8 months (prob) off work.

For a couple of days i was abit depressed about it, thought about the money situation long and hard, missus getting in a panic, how we going to pay the mortgage, how we going to pay this, pay that? and then i got a phone call from my insurers, i was not only to get a huge amount of money for claiming against the hole that i fell in, i was also being made redundant as the company were going into the brown stuff.

i was much a happier person, bought a huge 42" tv, new laptop and a playstation 3. and also have a better and better paid job when i get fit again. but all this time off, only having to do rehabilatation, i thought, what am i going to do? Then it all clicked together, i would finally get to play fm again, i know am adicted all over again like the first time i clapped my eyes at the genius game.

my missus doesnt even mind me playing it this much either as she gets on with her stuff while im playing the great game. i know have linked my huge tv to my laptop and watch tv while playng fm on the over side with the split screen. i am now in heaven. i just sit with my leg up, wireless mouse, link laptop to tv, and play and watch at the same time.

Man i love this game sooo much, this website also helps as you always find someone willing to help with all questions, and also gives great storys of everyones journeys of management.

the good days of being a young rookie manager are back.

Happy days

Reserves

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Haha, its an old story. But I don't expect you to believe it though. Look for it in FM stories forum. If I can remember, its been closed for while now I guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is the story I'm thinking off (Playng laptop FM while driving) then it's one of the best things I've ever read on here, and is a lesson to us all

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Haha, its an old story. But I don't expect you to believe it though. Look for it in FM stories forum. If I can remember, its been closed for while now I guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is the story I'm thinking off (Playng laptop FM while driving) then it's one of the best things I've ever read on here, and is a lesson to us all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha. Thank you for your compliments. Just doing my part. And yes, it was because of the laptop. Bad experience really. Life changer too.

Back to the topic: I wonder why you can't play FM and have a normal life? Its just a game, and I've grown to learn how to control myself and not get hooked... well I do have moments when I'm really hooked. But we can control it. FM can't control you... its just a CD... a harmless cute little CD...

Amateur

but once you run that cute little cd,you realize the sleeping monster which unleashes,lashes out at you,and then you become its slave

Third Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

In all honesty, as Nomis stated, theres ALWAYS time for FM.

Me, I run a pub for a living, I'm 23 and go to the gym 4 times a week. I have just bought a house with my GF 6 months ago, and it takes me an HOUR to travel to work, and an hour home. On weekends I'm tied down to family activities, (Sunday mine, Saturday hers), and I also spend a lot of my free time making music. On top of that, I frequent about 10 different forums for different things, (Thats daily), and fit in 1 hour of COD4 a day on my PS3. On top of all that, I manage to run a Fantasy Football game in the challenge forum, and am 31 seasons into my current FM save.

I don't have less than 6 hours sleep any night.

Theres ALWAYS time for FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What lovely insight into Neps life

Part-Timer

I think FM is more addictive than the old geek favourite World of Warcraft..

Shame really for me, whatever i play be it FM or WoW i get addicted

Amateur
    best quote EVER: Apologies if you are trying to use 606. Showing all the timing of a Paul Scholes sliding tackle, it has broken

Come back to the light...

dont let the dark consume you...

On a serious note...

YOu will return, the game is hardwired into your sytem now, you wont be able to survive long without it.

( i say another week)

Amateur

I've been addicted since i was 15, 25 now but this year i stopped just because i got bored of it

( dunno if its cause of the missus, my daughter or the worse and worse norwich squads haha)

but couple of weeks ago i was sick had a week off and just found myself playin it without any thought now cant stop

i agree fm is in the blood you might win for a bit but it will always come out!

he will be back!

Amateur

Tried the quitting thing oh so many times.

It doesn't work

Amateur

I guess it's true what they say. Listen to your elder's.
    As Sure as the sun rises and Man U Will win the league, i have come back to fm on my hands and knee's.
    It's in My blood.
    At least i can join the long list of people who have tried and then realised that the FM bug is eternal and everlasting.
    Just started full-time work now though so i'm going to take my time with it. Try and enjoy it more.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess it's true what they say. Listen to your elder's.
    As Sure as the sun rises and Man U Will win the league, i have come back to fm on my hands and knee's.
    It's in My blood.
    At least i can join the long list of people who have tried and then realised that the FM bug is eternal and everlasting.
    Just started full-time work now though so i'm going to take my time with it. Try and enjoy it more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

congratulations, and welcome back lol

Amateur

Lol, thanks,
    Let the good times roll........

Amateur
    There is a difference between kneeling down and bending over...

2 weeks, not bad. I can't remember the last time I didn't play for 2 weeks...

"I come from a long line of quitters, it's a miracle I'm here at all."

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:
    2 weeks, not bad. I can't remember the last time I didn't play for 2 weeks...

"I come from a long line of quitters, it's a miracle I'm here at all." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was hard, i had to return for the sake of my sanity.

Amateur
    Serie C2/A, Stadio Natale Palli, Casale Monferrato, Italy

*ROFL* I only started again with FM 07 and even when I get completely frustrated with it, I still come back...losing 0-4 on last day with the title in my hands and falling to 6th with Gateshead and missing my playoffs as well...oh gutting, didn't play for 1 day came back and into again...But I just keep coming back.

I remember early CM, but before 07 hadn't played in years...Now completely addicted again

Welcome back dude and good luck

Amateur

So it seems like FM is more addiciting than nicotine eh?

=)

Amateur

Well after all that, tad pointless seen as he's nack and never left because he said bye about 4 times

Part-Timer

if not il bet hel be thinking of it

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manc101:
    Well after all that, tad pointless seen as he's nack and never left because he said bye about 4 times </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT!....I did Stop playing but had to come back. Don't know what you mean by this comment.

Anyways.. Yes it seems it is more addictive than niccotine. FM should come with a warning label.lol

I actually plan on sueing SI for ruining my life

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toma_akvinski:
    I actually plan on sueing SI for ruining my life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill join you!!!

This game really is TOO addictive!!!

I plan to sue SI for my Life!!

Reserves

I'm 30, I played the first ever version (Published by Domark and came on about five 5 1/4" disks!) and I'm still buying it and enjoying it now.

I've no idea how future editions of FM will go down, but I do know that even in the unlikely event that I'm not playing FM, I'll be playing something else instead for as long as I can imagine.

roberto922

Wow, This has become FM Anonymous.

Firstly, this was supposed to be a simple goodbye thread. the funny thing is, it's the first discussion i've started in these forums and it's to say goodbye to the game.

all the replies and stories of other peoples addiction/love for fm have been an enjoyable read.

It's nice to know theirs other people who feel just as addicted as myself.

Although i have begun the cold turkey period, i will still check in on the forums every now and again to see the odd bit of banter and so on...
    ever since i found this forum i have used it and enjoyed it. It's a great community.

Also if ya wanna know how i am at the moment towards urges of re-installing FM, Fast-Forward 30mins or so into Trainspotting and take it from there. LOL

Only joking, It's not been long enough yet, although a friend of mine that i was talking to last night started talking about his current CM03/04 Saved game. I could of swore my eye started twitching.

Anyways, i'm out.

See Ya Soon! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no if you are going cold turkey over something, you cut all lnks to it. If you're a smoker you make sure people don't smoke in your house, you get rid of your ashtrays and you turn over when the smoking ads come on. Same with FM, don't play, dont watch ads (if they ever have one accepted by the censors) and don't go on the forums, of course I don't have a problem with you coming on the forums, just don't say you are going cold turkey.

roberto922

oh didn't notic the last comment on page1

Welcome back

roberto922

sorry for the treble post but in case anyone cares I've been playing since CM 00/01 when my dad gave me my first PC, since then I played 00/01 to CM 4 obsessively and then gave it a break until FM05 came out, that and 06 are the only FM games that I ever got past 5 seasons with the exception of 07360 and 07handheld... so im not really an addict

Closed Thread