It's Been Fun....I'll Miss You

Well,it's been a lomg time coming. I've come to the end of my managerial career. it's been a LONG,exciting and at times nail biting journey.

Sorry but FM has taken a grip hold on my life. If their were such a group (FM Anonymous) i'd be on the full time rota.

My Name is John. I'm 21 and i'm addicted to FM.

It all started at the tender age of 10. CM97/98. My first real glance at Simulated management. It was a friends game and whenever i stayed over thats what we played. (Sometimes i wonder if that game was the only reason i slept over, come to think about it, it's probably the only reason we hung out. Not seen him in years now.) To be honest the game saw me more than he did. icon_biggrin.gif

Since then i have bought every game SI have made. Got a lot of my friends hooked too, especially during my school years. their must of been about 6 of us that would play it religiously and exchange our stories,transfer coups,etc.(Ahh...The good ol' dayz)

However, now i am at an age where games shouldn't be playing as big an influence in my life. I don't fit FM around my life, I fit my life around FM! icon_wink.gif

So i knew this time would one day come, and it is time to move on. i am handing in my managerial badge for the forseeable future. I cherish all the memories and thank you SI for making the best, most addictive management sims EVER!

Until i get the keegan itch, I bid you all a fond Farewell. icon14.gif

Well,it's been a lomg time coming. I've come to the end of my managerial career. it's been a LONG,exciting and at times nail biting journey.

Sorry but FM has taken a grip hold on my life. If their were such a group (FM Anonymous) i'd be on the full time rota.

My Name is John. I'm 21 and i'm addicted to FM.

It all started at the tender age of 10. CM97/98. My first real glance at Simulated management. It was a friends game and whenever i stayed over thats what we played. (Sometimes i wonder if that game was the only reason i slept over, come to think about it, it's probably the only reason we hung out. Not seen him in years now.) To be honest the game saw me more than he did. icon_biggrin.gif

Since then i have bought every game SI have made. Got a lot of my friends hooked too, especially during my school years. their must of been about 6 of us that would play it religiously and exchange our stories,transfer coups,etc.(Ahh...The good ol' dayz)

However, now i am at an age where games shouldn't be playing as big an influence in my life. I don't fit FM around my life, I fit my life around FM! icon_wink.gif

So i knew this time would one day come, and it is time to move on. i am handing in my managerial badge for the forseeable future. I cherish all the memories and thank you SI for making the best, most addictive management sims EVER!

Until i get the keegan itch, I bid you all a fond Farewell. icon14.gif

Tut tut you fader.

I'm 25 with a wife and daughter, I work 9-5 and I cut the grass and wash the car on Sundays, but the 30 mins or so of FM every night when my daughters in bed and the missus is watching Corrie is still hard to beat.

Don't go cold turkey just cut down.

thanks guys, wasn't expexting replies.

I assure you i won't be back anytime soon. maybe in a few years or so.

i have strong will power. quit smoking 8 weeks ago on will power alone. no patches, sticks, nothing. I had been smoking since i was a kid too.

i'll just focus my attention on something else.

Anyways, Bye Guys and enjoy your games. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bytheway:

i have strong will power. quit smoking 8 weeks ago on will power alone. no patches, sticks, nothing. I had been smoking since i was a kid too.

Anyways, Bye Guys and enjoy your games. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all honesty, as Nomis stated, theres ALWAYS time for FM.

Me, I run a pub for a living, I'm 23 and go to the gym 4 times a week. I have just bought a house with my GF 6 months ago, and it takes me an HOUR to travel to work, and an hour home. On weekends I'm tied down to family activities, (Sunday mine, Saturday hers), and I also spend a lot of my free time making music. On top of that, I frequent about 10 different forums for different things, (Thats daily), and fit in 1 hour of COD4 a day on my PS3. On top of all that, I manage to run a Fantasy Football game in the challenge forum, and am 31 seasons into my current FM save.

I don't have less than 6 hours sleep any night.

Theres ALWAYS time for FM. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bytheway:

No one can honestly say they have quit smoking after just 8 weeks, you are only in the process of quitting. icon_wink.gif

I'll give him 6-7 months of no FM, then a new season will have come around, with new exciting transfers and board take-overs and he'll be back for 2009.

courage, dude. i'm 28 and married and working and i still play (at work). a few times i quit out of boredom of playing, but the boredom of not playing was worse. the worst was at military, i had 5 hrs of freedom every week, which meant i could play for 4,5 hrs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

No one can honestly say they have quit smoking after just 8 weeks, you are only in the process of quitting. icon_wink.gif

I'll give him 6-7 months of no FM, then a new season will have come around, with new exciting transfers and board take-overs and he'll be back for 2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate, any smoker will tell you 8 weeks feels like an eternity.

Feels even longer with no help. Don't take away from what i have managed.

most smokers that are trying to quit end up lapsing in the first 2 weeks. Most use help aids such as patches etc. Most try quiting numerous times before acomplishing their goal.

No one in my family beleived i could do it. constantly saying "You'll not quit".

I know it's only 8 weeks but to me it may as well be 8 years. i feel better in myself, i don't have any urges to smoke.

the mind is a powerful thing. icon14.gif

Nay-sayers make me chuckle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

i know youre playing it right now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fraid not.

it's been completely removed from my computer. even deleted my saved games. on one i got into 2013. furthest i have been this edition of fm. icon14.gif

I'm an ex smoker myself so I know exactly what I'm talking about. It took over a year for me to say with confidence that I had quit for good. Not to be a downer but 8 weeks is nothing.

ps I'm 28, have been playing FM/CM for roughly 15 years and see no reason to give it up. Don't play as much as I used to, but found joining a clan made the game more enjoyable. I barely play outwith the clan these days, it's not as much fun.

I'm 54, married with two kids in their 20s, a fairly heavy-duty job and other obligations. I find I go through phases with FM. Sometimes, like right now, I play a lot, and post here a lot. Then there will be times when I just don't have the time, or other interests (I know, I'm sorry!) intrude and I might go a month or two without playing at all. And sometimes, I realize that maybe I've allowed FM to become a little too invasive and I consciously back off.

Enjoy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

I'll give him 6-7 months of no FM, then a new season will have come around, with new exciting transfers and board take-overs and he'll be back for 2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate, any smoker will tell you 8 weeks feels like an eternity.

Feels even longer with no help. Don't take away from what i have managed.

most smokers that are trying to quit end up lapsing in the first 2 weeks. Most use help aids such as patches etc. Most try quiting numerous times before acomplishing their goal.

No one in my family beleived i could do it. constantly saying "You'll not quit".

I know it's only 8 weeks but to me it may as well be 8 years. i feel better in myself, i don't have any urges to smoke.

the mind is a powerful thing. icon14.gif

Nay-sayers make me chuckle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I last 2 hours when i tried ho quit smoking, never tried to quit fm though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I also suspect that bytheway has a young lady in mind. Just a thought... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't we all though. icon_wink.gif

i have been playing FM for 10 years now i was 9 i think i started playing with my cousin, i was into FIFA on the playstation. but when i saw him play this game i thought why not? havent looked back since i am 19 at uni.. I have said many many times to my self that I WOULD STOP PLAYING FM.. deleted the whole game and save games.. come a week later couldnt resist to say only one game honestly.... but when i have exams or assingments to give i can easily stop myself from playing but i cannot cut it from my life completly.. i have told my girlfriend if we do marry the FM is coming with us LOL icon_biggrin.gif

I can't see I'll ever lose the FM bug. I may slack off for a little while to give something else a whirl though. I've just ordered CRYSIS, so FM may take a back seat.

Inevitably, I always end up back with FM though.

33, married, busy social life, Spanish property renovation business, but still squeeze enough time in for my gaming. icon14.gif

I don't really understand why you have to give somthing up like this. Smoking -yes, but a computer game? Why not just play it a bit less if it's starting to rule your life. I'm 36, have a full time job, just in a new relationship which I want to give a lot of time to. But I still have time for the odd session of FM now and again.

Still, it's your choice and if it makes you happy fair enough.

I`m married with 5 kids and host a clan and play in another clan but don`t really play fm on my own as its not the same atmosphere and i miss all the banter you get from talking to the others in the clan so don`t get rid of it comletely just cut back your playing time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

I`m married with 5 kids and host a clan and play in another clan but don`t really play fm on my own as its not the same atmosphere and i miss all the banter you get from talking to the others in the clan so don`t get rid of it comletely just cut back your playing time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you must be out of these: ............................................................

Take 'em, and use them.

i'm 26, full time job, live together with my girlfriend in our own home, still playing FM 51 hours a week icon_razz.gif

I have a laptop, so I can play in the living room, and my girlfriend watch television or read a book, so I don't lock up in a room.

And I have a very small laptop 12 inch screen, so my girlfriend can see me and not the back of my laptop.

play is smart mate icon14.gif

woow, when i read the initial post i thought i was drunk last night and wrote it myself.

the history of illness is completely same!

i had a friend, except we played at my home,... wait a minute... maybe he's mine friend which i hadn't seen for years ...? damir? is that you?

ok, enough of laugh, but give the man some slack, if he wants to quit. don't ridicule him, if he gets back to game fine, if not even better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blayhod:

woow, when i read the initial post i thought i was drunk last night and wrote it myself.

the history of illness is completely same!

i had a friend, except we played at my home,... wait a minute... maybe he's mine friend which i hadn't seen for years ...? damir? is that you?

ok, enough of laugh, but give the man some slack, if he wants to quit. don't ridicule him, if he gets back to game fine, if not even better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're not ridiculing him, it's all just light hearted joking.

We've all been there and tried to give up before, I hardly played FM05 or FM06 because my daughter was born in 04, but now that she's sleeping through the night I can grab a half hour every so often. It's like a very attractive woman who is really nasty to you, you're still always tempted back and then you marry th icon_razz.gifem

I recently gave up for my girlfriend as normally a fairly calm and relaxed person, but FM does have the ability to really make me lose it at times, and its not a healthy situation. I lasted 2 days, as my girlfriend the whole time was almost begging me to play again. Partly because she knows how much I love it, and probably because she knew how miserable I'd be not playing lol.

I've been playing since the very first CM games came out, and played every one, and even have my girlfriend playing. I am addicted though, severely, and it's not good, but luckily my girlfriend is becoming more so, so I can get away with a LOT of play, and if she starts to miss me (my computer is in the lounge, but she misses us sat next to each other), I will just suggest we play our game, which keeps me playing, and shes happy as she gets to be with me lol.

I don't think I ever could or would want to give up. I don't have children yet, but FM is like one of my kids, and it's been in my life a LOT longer than my girlfriend has! icon_wink.gif

Just a point to add, my girlfriend never wanted me to give up, I did it off my own back as it affects my mood and personality in bad ways at times, and I felt so sorry for her having to put up with me. I didn't want it to affect our relationship in such a bad way.

Must say I got some brownie points for giving up on my own, and only going back after she told me to a million times! icon_biggrin.gif

2115-The world has been wiped off the human race.Just a day before,nuclear and plasma bombs,were dropped all over the world.Now there is nobody in sight,not even an animal.All is there is the lonely spider and fly,who are depending on each other.Beneath the spiders-web lays the thing which the humans fought for.The lust,the greed but the enjoyment second to nothing.There laid the last copy of FM,FM-2115.Nobody was its last owner,it just laid there,then came the unknown creature,picked it up,and zoomed away to Planet Gliese.The spider pitied him,as his civilization would be wiped out too.

Great advert for FM09(or FM 2115)

Hi my name is mungy and I am an FM addict.

My addiction started out when a mate game me his copy of CM in 1993. We were all into Sensi Soccer and Kick Off as well and he didn't like the game. I took to it straight away and have been buying it ever since.

When I got access to the internet and the fantastic place that was tech cities I found out wonderful cheats and tactics and information that turned me into the dirty stinking addict that I am today. I think nothing of using FMM to boost my players and will willingly replay cup matches until I win. This resulove comes from the 20 minute stat-up that CM took on my Amiga.

Now I am married with an almost 4 year old daughter. So it is possible to have a relationship and play FM.

And yeah, I have given this game up every year only to buy it again.

I haven't smoked for 10 years though.

Thank you for letting me share.

Been playing since the first CM game brought everyone since and totally love the game. the days would be boring without football manager, my missus has realised that she doesn't stnad a chance of getting me off the game

Wow, This has become FM Anonymous.

Firstly, this was supposed to be a simple goodbye thread. the funny thing is, it's the first discussion i've started in these forums and it's to say goodbye to the game.

all the replies and stories of other peoples addiction/love for fm have been an enjoyable read.

It's nice to know theirs other people who feel just as addicted as myself.

Although i have begun the cold turkey period, i will still check in on the forums every now and again to see the odd bit of banter and so on...

ever since i found this forum i have used it and enjoyed it. It's a great community.

Also if ya wanna know how i am at the moment towards urges of re-installing FM, Fast-Forward 30mins or so into Trainspotting and take it from there. LOL

Only joking, It's not been long enough yet, although a friend of mine that i was talking to last night started talking about his current CM03/04 Saved game. I could of swore my eye started twitching. icon_wink.gif

Anyways, i'm out.

See Ya Soon! icon_biggrin.gif

For those who has read "FM almost got me killed" in FM stories about 2 years ago, just want those who never read it understand that FM is just a game. Its life that isn't. Play the darn game but don't let it change your life.

I broke two legs because of playing FM. And I'm still playing it even now. Cuz I don't blame the game for my misfortunes, I blame myself. We all have ourselves to blame.

But with all due respect to the guy leaving the game: Its alright. We'll miss you (I think). And you're always welcome to comeback to the game (Of course).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

i wanna know,i really wanna know how you broke your legs coz of FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, its an old story. But I don't expect you to believe it though. Look for it in FM stories forum. If I can remember, its been closed for while now I guess

i wanna know,i really wanna know how you broke your legs coz of FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's just say that bomjr's experience taught me to keep my laptop and my FM disc well away from my car at all times!

Archived