+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Semi Pro

Default Re: The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

KFUM Oslo 3 - 0 Mo

Cracking win for the Kaffa and extends our unbeaten start to the season to four, with just one conceded. It gets a bit harder now as some bigger teams are coming up, and we have a tester in the first round of the cup next with the visit of the leaders of Group 1 of the Second Division.

Two great goals from my young stand in striker and a belter of a header from my center back (I always think you know you're doing well when your center back joins in the scoring in FM). The only negative would be said young striker picking up a three week injury after a horror tackle that went unpunished. In a way it helps because my first choice striker is back in training and I'd have had a tough time removing the young guy from the squad after his performance. Saves me a decision.

Amateur

Default Re: The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Chelsea 1 - R. Madrid 3 (after extra time)

CL final 2010,
    me managing Real btw.

Semi Pro

Spurs 5-1 sheff utd

Puts me 4th in the EPL with games over the teams above.

Now for the mighty wolves,hopefully i scalp them but i aint taking it for granted.

I'm spurs btw....
    Last edited by taylorsmen; 05-04-2010 at 19:05. Reason: To add what team i am...yeah i'm a donut

Amateur

Shaktar 0-1 Man Utd

I'm Man Utd btw lol

First Team Squad Member

Guinea 1 - 4 Ghana (A)

Semi Pro

Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Llangefni Town | Welsh Premier League

Took full points from Llangefni for the third time in three games in two weeks. I'm in 6th place in the table right now, but only 8 games into the season. Learning the true power of motivation and morale on a club's performance. Riding high right now...

Semi Pro

Arsenal 0-1 spurs (i'm spurs)

This result was very gratifying,league cup 1st leg and really expected to lose.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3192/lastresult.jpg

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by taylorsmen View Post
    Arsenal 0-1 spurs (i'm spurs)

This result was very gratifying,league cup 1st leg and really expected to lose.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3192/lastresult.jpg
    The second leg (forgot to mention it was a league cup game)

This was the most entertaining game i've played in ages as you'll see in the screenies.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8...enalresult.jpg

3 players injured in the first half and no reserve GK on the bench,so i chose Huddlestone because of his strength.But i really expected a pasting in the 2nd half.

Well lady luck shone upon spurs as huddlestone was solid in goal and in ET Altidore got the winner (95th)

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5...eservekeep.jpg

Cracking game that see's me through to the final.

Edit: i missed out the final score.

Spurs 1-1 Arsenal
    Last edited by taylorsmen; 05-04-2010 at 23:15. Reason: To add the score....doh!!!

Amateur

In my second season in German 3. liga Eintracht Braunschweig (my team) 0 - Osnabrück 0-1. Third 0-1 defeat in a row in a nightmare run of 1 1 5 so far. Strikers appear to have gone on strike and board demands promotion after narrowly missing it last season. Seems like a job centre awaits...

Amateur

Hamilton:

Hamilton 0-2 Falkirk

Reserves

I've just started my second season with Wigan Athletic.

Last result: Burnley 0-1 Wigan Athletic

Had Gary Caldwell sent off in the 20th minute and ended up clinging on as Burnley missed a sackful of glorious chances.

First Team Squad Member

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Southampton (H)

:mad:

We dominated the game and Sotton had about 3 shots...

Daniel Opare will not be forgiven for deciding to take a 3rd minute penalty and missing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFan7 View Post
    Aston Villa 0 - 1 Southampton (H)

:mad:

We dominated the game and Sotton had about 3 shots...

Daniel Opare will not be forgiven for deciding to take a 3rd minute penalty and missing it though.
    If you're quick enough, you can usually pause + set up a penalty taker and have it take effect before...well...Daniel Opare strikes

CL group stage, match 5.

Unirea Urziceni 0 - 6 Arsenal

Sent me through to the knockout stages with a game to spare in a group consisting of Juve, Bordeaux and Unirea.

First Team Squad Member

I never knew that...

And more sadness!

League Cup Semi Final Second Leg

Score on Aggregrate before game 2-0 Villa

Final Result: Aston Villa 0 - 3 Leeds (H)

It was absaloutely humiliating to watch... I played my wonderkids yet they got annihalated... Knew I should never have played them.

But I suppose it's only the Carling Cup...

I never knew that...

And more sadness!

League Cup Semi Final Second Leg

Score on Aggregrate before game 2-0 Villa

Final Result: Aston Villa 0 - 3 Leeds (H)

It was absaloutely humiliating to watch... I played my wonderkids yet they got annihalated... Knew I should never have played them.

But I suppose it's only the Carling Cup...
    Harsh result, especially considering you were 2 up...

not quite the last result, but I had a bit of a premature exit myself

League Cup 4th round

West Ham 1 (7) - (6) 1 Arsenal

Playing the youth squad with a few older players (campbell, bendtner, eboué). Losing it on penalties was gutting, especially after seeing them miss their first 2 -.-

First Team Squad Member

And look who I just drew in the FA Cup 5th round... Leeds.

Last Result: Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle (H)

They took the lead through Steven Taylor (As usual) and then I got a penalty... My LB decided to take it and thank god he scored because I forgot to set a new penalty taker...

That puts me on 49 points joint top with Liverpool and City

And look who I just drew in the FA Cup 5th round... Leeds.

Last Result: Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle (H)

They took the lead through Steven Taylor (As usual) and then I got a penalty... My LB decided to take it and thank god he scored because I forgot to set a new penalty taker...

That puts me on 49 points joint top with Liverpool and City
    Time for revenge? Just been drawn West Brom in the 3rd round of the FA cup here...not sure if that'll be a good match for me or not, especially if i'm fielding a young squad.

Last result:

Arsenal 1 - 0 Man City

Surprisingly one-sided match, considering the scoreline. Given was suffering from super-keeper syndrome it seems, as he managed to bat away 2 good shots from RVP after he turned his man and got in on goal...they looked destined for the net! Fortunately, ramsey curled a shot from just outside the box into the far corner of the net just before half time. After dominating for a further 45 minutes (including some unconvincing one on ones that were put right at Given), the match ended with a single goal, and Given earning Man of the Match.

First Team Squad Member

Middlesborough 2 - 2 Aston Villa (A)

Daniel Opare just gave away a penalty... Fair play to Akinfeev he went the right way but I'll be looking to ship Opare out unless he ups his game. At the minute he's a liability. But my man Adrien Regattin pulls one back for us... Smashed into the bottom corner... And then my joint favourite player Leonel Figueroa scores a goal for me to put me ahead; I'll admit it was offside. But then Niculae scores a wonder goal... Dancing around my defense to draw equal for Boro.

A draw that should of been a win for me. With these sorts of results the title is not going to be ours... Daniel Opare gets a 5.1 rating

Amateur

Benfica 1-0 Bordeaux

Final group game in champions league and despite a decent enough win still only finished 3rd and thus 'relegated' to the Euro Cup and a tricky looking tie against Juventus.

First Team Squad Member

FA Cup 5th Round

Leeds 3 - 1 Aston Villa (A)

I'm furious at my team... Played my youth again with a few crappy worn out veterans and boy did I pay the price... Shocking

FA Cup 5th Round

Leeds 3 - 1 Aston Villa (A)

I'm furious at my team... Played my youth again with a few crappy worn out veterans and boy did I pay the price... Shocking
    Understandable. How many seasons in are you? I'm wondering just how far along Opare is...you're making him sound like a regular. Also, are you sure it was his fault? perhaps someone was leaving him short at the back, and that's why the mistakes were made. I know that when I've watched the run up to a howler, quite often, it's a failing somewhere else on the pitch that the defender takes the rap for.

Last result:

Chelsea 1 - 0 Arsenal

Was never going to be an easy match. Despite having opportunities to draw level, Cech managed to do his job, ending my unbeaten run of 14 in the league. Fortunately, I'm only 5 points behind Utd and 2 behind chelsea at the start of december. Next onto Bordeaux.

First Team Squad Member

I'm in Feb 2013 so Opare is not of an experienced age. It's just good RB's are a rare species on my game... Could of had Rafael but he wanted £92,000 a week so I said no...

This was my lineup against Leeds

I'd show you the regens but I really don't see the need.... But generally you can see it was quite a young squad, I don't know how they lost so bad. Akinfeev should of done a heck of alot better though for a player of his ability.

First Team Squad Member

Fulham 0 - 0 Aston Villa (A)

Dominated all game but couldn't finish... Every time I play against Smithies he turns into some sort of god.

He made unreal saves

Amateur

Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers ( League game : pos-1st)

An injury struck squad but was still able to pull off an onslaught in the last 15 minutes wich seen a 30 yarder win the match.

I'm having to juggle fitness with reserve/youth players due to my huge injury list to Key players. But despite the 60 minute deadlock it was an all round confident performance with a dabble of luck.

First Team Squad Member

This was an absaloutely ridiculous game to be honest; Opare was a disgrace fines for him.

Semi Pro

Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Bangor City | Welsh Cup 2nd Round

A victory over a fierce rival to knock them out of the Cup is always a morale boost. Was 2-0 until 85th minute, a convincing win.

Amateur

Bangor ain't no push overs. I think they did the double over me when I was Ton Pentre.

EDIT: Nope, that was Llanelli. Also, beat Aberystwyth twice and they got relegated.

Semi Pro

Aberystwyth Town 1 - 2 Rhyl | Loosemores Welsh League Cup - Group Stage

A draw would have put me into the next round, qualifying from the second place in the group, but Rhyl dominated the game and one late goal from my best striker wasn't enough for me to move on.

I don't know the first thing about Welsh football, this is my first time playing in the league. Trying to figure out who's the usual best and who's lousy. Llanelli seems to have the strongest squad in 2010/2011, they were picked by odds to win the league.

Looked up Aberystwyth online, looks like a pleasant little place. Glad to have that new 3-year contract extension from the Board!
    Last edited by dankrzyz; 06-04-2010 at 15:59.

Amateur

Aston Villa 0-0 Chelsea

This league game was played between second and third, so neither team wanted to lose, something reflected in the final score. What the scoreline doesn't tell is that it was a brilliant game of attacking football, with only two outstanding performances by the goalkeepers to thank for each team taking a clean sheet.

I feared the worst when we missed a few early chances, but we kept applying pressure and Cech had to make several outstanding saves from my forwards to keep his side in it. Chelsea played on the break and while our defence looked worryingly slow at times, Begovic was brilliant whenever he was called on and so the clean sheet was mainly to his credit. We have a poor record of scoring against them (the previous home league game against them was also a goalless draw) so I didn't expect to score. In spite of our high league position and the fact that we had home advantage, I still think this is a pretty good result.

Part-Timer
    AEK, 9 leagues, 11 Cups, 4 Ch Leagues, 3 European Super Cups, 2 Club Wold Championships

Semi Pro

Nice result by the tigers (Y) ^^

Amateur

very nice result ya doing a great job there Vangelis21

Part-Timer
    AEK, 9 leagues, 11 Cups, 4 Ch Leagues, 3 European Super Cups, 2 Club Wold Championships

Thanks! it was the first game of the CL groupstage. getting 3 points from the strongest team makes me favourites for qualification! After, I have to play Benfica and AEK

Third Team

France 0 Spain 2. David Villa and Sergio Ramos the scorers.

I am not kidding.

Amateur

Benfica 5-0 Porto

2nd knockout round of the Euro Cup 2nd Leg, was 3-0 down from the first leg and thought I was going out the competition to an arch rival. 1-0 up at half time, went overload and got a 2nd with 15 mins to go, told them to take more risks and they duly obliged by scoring 3 in the last 10 mins (although i went back to my usual defensive tactics when i levelled the tie). Absolutely delighted, one of my best comebacks ever!

Amateur

WBA - Newcastle 1-0. First official match (I'm WBA). Fans are buying me beer as we speak.

Amateur

followed up that astonishing euro cup turnaround by comfortably retaining the league cup beating nacional da madeira 3-0. Even better been drawn against Arsenal in Quarter Final of Euro Cup, they knocked me out last season so a chance to get revenge on Mr Wenger!

Part-Timer

Vasco 0 - 3 Fluminense

Local derby final of the Rio state championship

The worst performance by one of my teams EVER. Utterly pathetic.

At least I know this team doesn't respond to "for the fans."

First Team Squad Member

Aston Villa 3 - 1 Chelsea (H)

Score at half-time: 3-0

Were expected to lose yet we fought to win, Chilean wonderkid scored 2 and Delfouneso got one. Quality result

Part-timer

Man Utd 4 - 0 Hull
    Man Utd 5 - 0 Portsmouth

Nice recovery after loosing 2-1 to Sunderland!

Preston 2-1 Doncaster(me)

Last minute Preston goal. Hammered them as well!

Amateur

CC qualifying round 2 leg 2

FC Kobenhavn (me) 3 - 1 St Pats Athletic
    (7-2 on aggregate)

Amateur

PSV 1 - 0 LOSC Lille (Europa Cup Final)
    Winning some silverware certainly expanded my options in the transfer market over the summer, am now taking way too long sifting through the available options...

Youth Team

Oh yeh i forgot about this thread - I made a post about it too

Amateur

Playing Reading.

Just beaten Barnsley 1-0 to keep me in the auto promotion spots, only 2 points off leaders Newcastle.

Amateur

Atletico 3 Real Madrid 0

Probably the most annoying game of my FM career. All their shots on goal went in (including a very soft penalty). Meanwhile, I kept producing shot after shot, even creating more CCCs than them, and hitting the woodwork three times. The only consolation is that this was the second-string 11 playing.

Reserves

Lost 3-2 away to Chester which ended my 8 game unbeaten run.

Amateur

Roma 0 - 3 FC Khimki

2024 Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg. Russian Revolution! Hopefully Marseilles can knock out City and I can win the CL for the first time

First Team Squad Member

Reserves

2-0 at home in the first game of the season.

Part-timer

Everton 2 - 2 Man Utd
    Fulham 1 - 6 Man Utd

I feel it's going up and down a little too much

Reserves

Just lost 6-2 at home

Reserves

won 2-1 away

Amateur

Aston Villa 2-1 AC Milan (AET) (Aston Villa win 3-2 on aggregate)

What a thrill. After a bizarre and emotionally tiring night of football and else (better save that one for another forum on another day), I came to the second leg of this Champions League first knockout round tie not knowing what to expect but ultimately not fancying our chances that much. I had good reason to not be too confident after the first leg, when we were battered for virtually the entire match at the San Siro, going ahead through an unbelievably lucky Agbonlahor goal and then conceding the equaliser their pressure merited. Still, an away goal to take into the second leg is always a bonus.

The first half mirrored the first leg, with Milan having most of the ball and us playing mostly on the break. Perhaps we were a little bit more assured in possession but they still had far more of the ball than us and created plenty of openings. Fortunately, their strikers missed a few chances (Pato being injured helped them out a fair bit) and we managed to get to half-time with the game goalless, a result I would've gladly taken.

The second half started badly as my hard-as-nails holding man was nearly sent off for a second bookable offence, forcing me to substitute him for fear of having to end the game with ten men. Unfortunately, this change required a reshuffle in my back line which later caused a problem. But at the time, things started to go well for us. We had more meaningful attacking possession in their half, forced a few corners and, eventually, the brilliant young striker Emin Cicek wriggled away from his marker to provide a peach of a ball for Nathan Delfouneso who scored with a deadly finish. Then, an injury to one of my centre-backs forced me to tamper with our defence again. Some of my full-backs were out injured, meaning we would have to finish the goal with my left-back at right-back and a fringe player who usually plays on the left win at left-back. Nobody would have been surprised when they exploited our weaknesses in the full-back positions, with Rafael (yes, that one) tormenting us up the wing, then playing a simple ball which was returned to him as he ran into the box and which he duely put in the back of the net, forcing extra time.

The first additional period was typically uneventful but within a minute of the restart, we were awarded a free-kick in a good central position about twenty five yards out. Ashley Young curled it into the net with a beautiful effort, allowing us to defend like hell until the clock finally ran down. Those final minutes seemed to take an eternity but we didn't do anything silly and ended up going through to set up a quarter-final against Real Madrid.

Reserves

Drew 2-2 at home

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis21 View Post
    Thanks! it was the first game of the CL groupstage. getting 3 points from the strongest team makes me favourites for qualification! After, I have to play Benfica and AEK
    You gonna lose the AEK match on purpose?

Third Team

CSKA (Sofia) 0-1 Loko (Plovdiv)

I got Europa League for this win, and CSKA missed out because of it

Amateur

The reason I sent out the reserves against Atletico in the cup match above was because Barcelona were visiting the following weekend. And the first team showed how it's done.

Real Madrid 1 Barcelona 0

I actually created a bit less than against Atleti, but in the other hand I am quite proud of my defensive work, nearly completely nullifying their threat. The goal was a stroke of luck, with Valdes pushing up far to pick up a stray clearance and laying the ball to Dani Alves, who held on to it just long enough to be tackled by Kaka, they ball falling to Xabi Alonso, who noticed Valdes had not yet returned to his goal, and sent a screamer from the halfway line into the net!

Curiously, I have won both league matches against Barcelona, both by the same scoreline, and exploiting Dani Alves's subpar defending in both goals (in the first game, he gave Cristiano Ronaldo enough space for Kaka to pick him out with a through pass).

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Triestina 4-1 Juventus

Juventus are my only title challenger now and this is probably the second-hardest game I play (the hardest being Juventus away ). Early start and my very attacking Brazilian-Italian left-back Fábio (yes, his first team was Fluminense too, ridiculously coincidental) had a 'mare against the Juventus right-winger, giving the ball away twice. Early signs showed and he conceded a corner which Italy stalwart Giuseppe Grillo scored from with a powerful header. Not the best start.

Unfortunately Juventus then sat back which mean that Fábio could actually push up and unfortunately they never took advantage of him again. Triestina began exerting a huge amount of pressure on Juventus and two shots on target were finally put behind for a corner, which my centre-back Carlo Ferrara, amongst the new generation of Italy centre-backs to come through, bagged a goal. Hadn't scored for a while.

Then it went all downhill for Juventus. Antonio Lancini, on the verge of beating Mario Balotelli's goalscoring record for Italy (50 goals, Lancini has 46), lashed a fierce one which Juventus's goalkeeper, Florian Tomas (arguably the best goalkeeper in the world, I sold him! :mad did well to save. Then a quick counter saw Lancini shoot, blocked, but smashed home the rebound.

Juventus didn't get anywhere after that; they had one real chance but that was it. I did replace my carded left-winger with a "defensive winger" to tighten up the left flank with Fábio basically charging forward at every opportunity.

Tomas is world-class but his kicking was disappointing in this game (or my centre-backs are utterly dominant - maybe this: Juventus's strikers won 11 of 31 headers). My centre-back captain Aksu Cinar basically flattened both Juventus's strikers with a powerful header which put my attacking midfielder through on goal - and he smashed one home from 25 yards.

Juventus started trying desperately to get something out of the game. In trying to seal the game out, I had to unfortunately Fábio tried everything but nothing came off. Juventus couldn't get the ball at all and eventually I won a corner which Ferrara again scored from to flatter the team's performance - 4-1 didn't tell the full picture.

So now I'm 11 points clear with 13 matches to go. Just nasty matches against Genoa, Lazio, Fiorentina and Torino left and I think I may even be able to win the remaining 9 fixtures comfortably.

Amateur

Real Madrid 6 Sevilla 0

I believe this is a good result

Amateur

Atletico Madrid 1 - 3 Arsenal semi finals here i come :]

Semi Pro

KFUM Oslo 5 - 3 Harstad (Norwegian 2nd Division - Group 4)

A thumping win for Kaffa and what I thought was more emphatic than the scoreline. A hat-trick from my star striker, a bullet header chief midfield ball-winner (in the right place at the right time again) and a final minute looping header from my right winger was nearly equalled out by the team that have been my toughest test of the season so far. They scored three good goals on the break and could have won had they not put a left back up front at half time. Their right winger looks a good player and I may have to scout him out.

We're now six points clear and still unbeaten this season; a feat I can't honestly believe. We'd have conceded the least goals too, but Harstad's three put us one higher than Senja. I couldn't blame keeper or defender either; they just beat us for pace at the back.

Bottom of the table Stalkam next weekend and then our big tester against Premier Division Molde in the cup. I'm wondering how my finely tuned side will fair against such a big club.

Part-Timer

Here's my last result against Arsenal, in all fairness Arsenal are about 8th in the league atm, but they still have a very strong team, I am Middlesbrough and I was expecting to get destroyed, I had no idea that this could ever happen:

Best result so far in this save file

Amateur

Oh dear, goalie got sent off and with everyone having a gk rating of 1, I decided to attack. Not the best idea in hindsight..

Gareth Williams with a rating of 0.1 wasn't too great, especially as he played in his usual position.

Part-Timer

First Team Squad Member

Im Tenerife.

Tenerife 0-2 Barcelona.

Amateur

Leyton Orient 2-2 Lincoln City League Two

Amateur

Another incredibly frustrating defeat, which seems to be the norm for me lately:

French National: Amiens (my team) - Moulins 1-2(1-2).

My team leads through a goal from a freekick, dominates the game and then, 43. minutes, goalkeeper does an insane rush to the border of the penalty area to get a ball, misses and Moulins' player scores to an empty goal. 45. minutes, another longball and a single opposing player runs in to the penalty area, gets his shirt tugged and it's a penalty and a goal.

And then, next half: 45 minutes of utter domination for my team, which gives just a few weak shots that are easily saved. No change in tactics or substitutions helped, as usual. Too often it seems impossible to turn a game around, it's like the "correct" result had been already achieved. :thdn

Amateur

In my Liverpool save 1st season:

Liverpool 3-0 Chelsea

Youve all got to sign Ruud Van Nistelrooy, hes a steal!

Semi Pro

Atletico Madrid 3-2 Man Utd.

CL Final, went into extra time. Unhappy because I was up 2-0, but hey, still won right?

Part-Timer

Hull - Man City 4-0!!!!

Part-Timer

Fluminense 0 - 2 Vasco

pl 5, w 5, 9-0 - my best start to the season ever!

Amateur
    In a very dark room somewhere in the depths of Leeds

Bosnia and Herzogovnia 9 - 0 Luxemburg

Third match in charge of National team. Won friendly vs Moldova 3-1 and drew at home to France 2-2

Last match as club manager:

Sheff Utd 3 -1 Wolves

Amateur

ilkeston town 1 long eaton united 3 blue square north

Amateur

FC Twente 4-1 Ado Den Haag

Youth Team

Coca Cola Championship
    MK Dons 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1
    Fryatt (31).........Ward (61)
    Klimavicius (90)

Lucky 2-1 victory against the Championship's bottom club, Fryatt tackled a confused Lubomir Michalik to score the opener, then Ward capitalised on some bad defending to make it 1-1, then 2 and a half minutes into 4 minutes of added time Arunas Klimavicius headed home the winner from a corner.

We are now 15th on 47 points with 6 games to go, 14 points clear of relegation after a great revival which has seen us win 4 of the last 5 league games, (3of them in injury time). Sheffield Wednesday are 5 points adrift of safety at the bottom of the Championship.

Amateur

Rangers 0-0 HSV (Went out on Agg 0-1) Europa Leauge. Need to get back to the SPL now.

Banned

England 3-2 France 2012 Euro Championships Final. Came from behind twice and scored a last minute winner, doesn't get any better.(especially when two key forwards have been injured)

Amateur

French National: Amiens (my team) - Stade Plabennecois 2-2(2-2).

Third draw in a row - first 1-1 against Guegnon, Guegnon scoring at the 89th minute, then 0-0 against Evian Thonon Gaillard - and as usual, my goalkeeper had another "magnificent" save ratio, 33 % (but one goal from penalty, another from a freekick). Doesn't look good at the moment.

Amateur

Get in! This is my first year in the Championship, and despite the media prediction, I think we'll finish mid-table. This was Liverpool's first team minus an injured Torres. No holding on, we took the game to them and fully deserved it

Amateur

French National: Frejus Saint-Raphael - Amiens (my team) 1-0(0-0).

I play 4-1-2-3 and get just 3 shots on goal, my playmaker gets injured and carried off the field when all substitutions have been used on 79th minute and opponent scores on 89th minute from a counter-attack when I had tried to make my team just defend, but no, attack, ball lost and goal... And on extra time my team, now on Overload, gets ball to woodwork.

I just wish this game would sometimes be actually fun, just not addictive. But probably you have to play with Real Madrid and "save often, load often" to achieve that.

Amateur

Stoke 3 - 3 Tottenham League Cup Final 2013. Was 2-1 down with my right back sent off, pulled it back with a penalty although their defender was not sent off, then scored again 2 mins later and then they equalised. Nervy extra time and lost on penalties

Part-timer

Tottenham 0 - 0 Man Utd

I had 25 shots, they had 10. Bah!

Semi Pro

Won 4-1 in the Champions League final.

Although the whole tournament was mental for me:

spoiler:

Part-Timer

Amateur

Arsenal 6-0 Man City

(I'm playing Arsenal, first season)

Part-Timer

any proof please?

Amateur

Rayo Vallecano 4-1 Barca

I'm Rayo..

First Team Squad Member

I played my wonderkids and a few seniors... God knows what the score would of been had my full side been out there

Amateur

burnley 0 v 2 PETERBOROUGH UTD 3rd season in the prem

certain belgium midfielder got his 1st goal for me which will hopefully shut my stupid fans up.
    their not happy with me apparently paying "over the odds" for him
    (paid £15mill)
    Last edited by chris2403; 14-04-2010 at 17:37. Reason: removed name

Reserves
    'They say the Germans don't lose on penalties' ... 'They do now'

Rayo Vallecano 2-0 Murcia (Liga Adalante)

Youth Team

Started a game as Hungary manager on 08... First game:

Hungary 3 Bosnia 1

Was almost 2-0 down inside 4 minutes but their second goal was ruled out for offside. After about half an hour or so we started dominating the game and equalised just before halftime. We ended up deserved winners. I've found Bosnia to be underrated in the game though and I'll probably lose to Turkey (away) in the next game.

First Team Squad Member

I'll be honest they dominated pretty much the whole game. But I used a Chelsea style tactic and my 10 man team countered them to gain the victory...

How on earth is this not offside though? Is it because he is passing within his own half? (The guy with the ball at that point passes to Number 10)

Part-Timer

Arsenalfan, yes, offside rule is only effective on opponent side of the pitch. If you watch IRL football, you often see that during corner kicks, striker of defending team will be somewhere near center circle and attacking team has to leave somebody guard him, because if ball is cleared and he launches for it from own side, it's not offside.

My last result: Ajax - FC Barcelona 1:0 (84. Alderweireld). (November 2010). Champions League group stage.

Beating Barcelona with squad like Vermeer-Emanuelson, Alderweireld, Wielaert, van der Wiel -de Zeeuw, Enoh, Gabri - Aissati, Kennedy, Pantelic is great achievement.

Part-Timer

Santos 0 - 1 Vasco

Phew! Qualified for the continental competition by one point!

Amateur

German 3. liga Eintracht Braunschweig (my team) - St. Pauli 0-0.

Can't score much at the moment. 9 games, goal difference 5-10.

Amateur

Notts County 0 v.s 3 Leeds
    JPT

Amateur

Tried Amiens in National for a change and won Stade de Reims (currently relegation fodder) in an away game 1-0(0-0).

Semi Pro

Playing as Oxford a 4-2 win over Mansfield at Wembley in the FA Trophy final.

chelsea 0 - 1 Leeds
    regen popped up with the winner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast