+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

Amateur

Default Re: The last result thread. Cause your only as good as your last result

Hartlepool0 - 0 Aldershot

FA Cup 2nd Rnd

Amateur

Altrincham 2 - Rushden 1

BSP playoff final. Last minute goal from an old centre back I'd brought on in the 75th minute, chuffed.

Semi Pro

Lyon 0 Real Madrid 2 CL 1st Knockout Round

Amateur

Real Madrid 2 Inter 0. UCL final 2008/09.

I am Madrid, Inter were missing their top top striker who got injured in their previous league game.

Amateur

Liverpool - Wolves 0-0 , im Liverpool.
    Im in January and thats my first draw of the season.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by eye-switcher View Post
    Liverpool - Wolves 0-0 , im Liverpool.
    Im in January and thats my first draw of the season.
    Well done to the Wanderers! What season is this?

Amateur

benfica 6 - 0 Boavista

Im benfica ofc, 2nd season.

Amateur

Dundee 0-1 Dundee United

pre-season

Amateur

Blue Square Prem 09/10

Braintree Town 2-0 Burton

Amateur

Only recently got the game and finally played my first non-friendly match last night. I am Seville hosting Atletico Madrid. A few minutes into the second half, up 2-1, Fabiano nods one in for his hat trick. Within five minutes, Kanoute sends off a volley from the midfield line for no good reason that I can see. Guess the goalie was napping, because the thing rainbows in! 55 yards out! I would have thought it a video game fluke if I hadn't seen videos of it happening in real life (hopefully it stays rare in FM form).

Now I'm up 4-1 but Samao catches fire. He isn't always the goal scorer (I think he only put one in himself), but he was the architect of Atletico's comeback bid. They bring it to 4-3 with still 15 minutes to go in the game and I'm certain the computer's going to ruin my hatrick-rainbow beauty. With a little less than ten to go, Atletico corners one in from the left that is headed on, hits the crossbar, bounces down, just in front of the line and bounces away, subsequently to be cleared. Think France's penalty against Italy in 06 (Trezeguet, I think?).

Atletico may have had one more attacking run, but I held serve. 4-3 final.

I'm sure this kind of thing, while not commonplace, is not new to you guys who have played hundreds of years over several FM's and have watched hundreds of matches on television or even played. But to this American with slight experience with the sport, that was one grand way to start an FM career! I must be feeling the hooks, because I've been replaying that 55-yarder and that near equalizer all day today.

Amateur

Nice 0 - 1 Schalke

Pre season friendly!

Part-Timer

Betis 1 Real Sociedad 4 In season 2013/14, turned Sociedad into best side in Spain, won the La Liga last 2 seasons and the cup last season. Currently PLD 12 W12 in the league this season.

Amateur

A.C MILAN 2 Torino 0 Serie A.

P.S Just when I think this thread has died, it pops back up again..

Amateur

Lancaster City 2-3 Fc United

Pre season friendly and should have won by more goals, missed two sitters.

Amateur

Panama 1 - 1 St. Martin

Home win had odds of 1-33. Admittedly I did change a few things around, what with it being a friendly, but still, an overwhelmingly poor result. We played pretty well in the last few competitive games so maybe false confidence had sprung into the camp. Another home banker coming up, the guys better pull their fingers out or there'll be trouble.

Banned

A.C.Milan - Catania 7-0 Serie A 9th week.

Amateur

Tottenham 3 - 0 Hull. 30th December 2009 (midway second season). Premier Division fixture.

Banned

Aston Villa 1-0 Liverpool Great Result

Banned

Grasshopers - A.C.Milan 0-4

Semi Pro

Spain 5 - 0 Colombia.

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Germany 3 - Cameroon 1 last group stage game in the World Cup, finished bottom having lost to Brazil and Germany, did manage a creditable draw against Australia though

Part-Timer
    Bill Shankly \'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.\'

Lyon 2 - 1 Hannover Uefa Cup Final. Absolutely gutted. Went all the way to the final to see my star Centre Midfielder sent off in the 14th minute. Still proud of what my team achieved. I'm in two minds now whether or not i'm going to stay.

Amateur

Blackburn 1 - 1 Man City.
    Final Game of the season
    A win would have won me (Blackburn) the title, but i'll have to settle for 3rd place.

Reserves

Started a new game last night. Played about seven or eight matches. My last result was...

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2-0 Kilmarnock

Should have been about 8-0, though. Battered them.

Amateur

Just starting to get into FM09 this past week, started out as Preston and just got destroyed by bottom of the table Doncaster 3-0 in my 12 game of the season.

Doncaster managed 31 shots, 16 on target so i got of lightly.

Really need to sort my defenders out. Is Mark Lawrenson available?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywils View Post
    Just starting to get into FM09 this past week, started out as Preston and just got destroyed by bottom of the table Doncaster 3-0 in my 12 game of the season.

Doncaster managed 31 shots, 16 on target so i got of lightly.

Really need to sort my defenders out. Is Mark Lawrenson available?
    You'd be better off getting Kevin Keegan to sort them out!

Amateur

Hull 4 Espanyol 0.

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

Bolton 2 - 1 Canterbury

Teach me to go Attacking when up 0-1 at the half.....

Amateur

Wigan 2 - Man Utd 1

FA Cup quarter final

Im Wigan

Amateur

Americano (RJ) 3 x 0 Cardoso Moreira

Pre-season friendly that i arranged involving the 3 teams of the city i grew up (Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil): Americano (RJ), Goytacaz and Rio Branco (RJ); plus a team from the region: Cardoso Moreira; actually Cardoso Moreira was only a district of Campos, they emancipated and became a city just a few years back.

Anyway, now we'll have the "Goytacano" (That is Americano x Goytacaz) derby in the final.

Amateur

AC MILAN 3 Barcelona 1 CL Qtr Final 1st Leg

1 nil down at half time, used team talk "we must get result, no excuses".
    Scored 3 in last 5 mins. Including a 90th minute free kick after the Barce keeper handled outside the area.(Only got a yellow)

Amateur

Man Utd 3 - 0 Arsenal

FA Cup Final

Dominated from start to finish, very satisfying match that, after losing the title by 2 points (I had 89!!) and going out in the CL Semi Final on penalties.
    I desperately wanted to win something.

Amateur

Talking Re: The last result thread. Cause your only as good as your last result

Wolves 2-1 Cardiff City
    17 Games and 11 Points clear of Reading

Amateur

Newcastle 2 - 3 Sunderland at St James' Park

Amateur

St Albans City 5 - 0 Torquay

Great result for many reasons, including my debutant young midfielder cracking in a goal on his debut

Amateur

Americano (RJ) 1 x 1 Goytacaz; 5 x 6 on penalties

I lost in my first derby

Third Team

FC United 3-0 Odense

Finished with 9 men as well

Banned

napoli - milan 2-4

Reserves

Real Oviedo 3-1 Real Madrid

Was just shocked that I beat them. Still celebrating right now.

And the game before that was Real Oviedo 2-2 FC Barcelona.

Amateur

Rangers 2-2 Falkirk

Disappointing result seeing as i am Rangers

Amateur

Leyton Orient 2-0 Bristol City

First Team Squad Member

Bognor Regis 1-2 Hayes and Yeading
    Goal for Paul Furlong at 41

Amateur

Madrid 1 - 5 Valladolid
    That's the last time I play my youngsters in a cup game.

Youth Team

FC United 2 - 0 Weymouth

Amateur

LODZKI KLUB SPORTOWY 4 - 0 Tranva.

Mid-season friendly in the Ekstraklasa. (Anyone know why Polish teams do this?)

Hobgob.

Banned

Sunderland 0-1 Pomps

Up to 6th

Shame my hitman regen Goran Mustafi missed a good chance , won though so not too angry, although he's one of those guys who's immune from criticism, I'm sure everyone's got someone like that in their squad

Amateur

League one

Leeds 2 - 1 Leicster

Was our 9th game unbeaten although we won we should have come away with the defeat or drew at the least we played like amateurs and our keeper kept us in the game with five terrific saves, and delph scored the winner in the 90th minute with a pearl from distance.

Amateur

Birmingham 1 Barnsley 2 (Championship, First Season)

Shocking, absolutely shocking...

Lurker

Independiente 1 - 3 Independiente Rivadavia (14^ Apertura, Season 2014-15)

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Nice timing for this thread to pop up again, as I just got this result

Youth Team

FC United 0 - 1 Kidderminster

They are top of the league... but still, it's the end of a year-long unbeaten home record.

Third Team

Everton 2-0 Fulham

Part-Timer

Newcastle 3-1 Man u. Im newcastle second season great result with milevskyi scoring 2.

Amateur

Reserves
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children

Barcelona 1 - 2 Real Madrid

FM07 ftw baby!

West Ham 2 - 4 Newcastle

Would have been better if I wasn't 4-0 up just after half time.

Youth Team

FC United 3 - 0 Droylesden FA Cup 4th Round Qualifying

Nice easy one to go to bed on

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Genoa 1-5 Triestina (Me)

Good, solid win, with my rampaging left-back having a brilliant game again.

Third Team

Norwich City 2-0 Oldham Athletic
    Last game of season I ended up finishing 13th after taking over in January when they were 19th.

Part-timer

Brazil 0-4 China

Game before that:

China 3-2 Spain

Amateur

I'm Leicester

Semi Pro

Manfredonia 2 Palermo 0
    Serie A

Semi Pro

Real Madrid 4 - 0 Atletico Madrid

Third Team

Wigan 2 Newcastle 1

I'm not Wigan
    But gutted.

Amateur

Celtic 4 St.Mirren 0 SPL
    Last edited by IlikeJellybeans; 14-04-2009 at 10:24.

Amateur

Sevilla 5-5 Zamora (me)

Outrageous game, but it left our unbeaten streak intact!

Part-timer

Reading 1 - 0 Plymouth (Premiership 2010/11 on FM 07)
    Takes us up to 4th in the league

Amateur

Celtic 5 Liverpool 1

CL Last 16 1st Leg
    Last edited by IlikeJellybeans; 14-04-2009 at 10:24.

Amateur

Weston Super Mare 0 - 0 AFC Wimbledon

BSS First Season, the fans were pleased

Amateur

PSG (me) vs Celtic 3-1 ( 0-1 HT ).

UCL - group stage

Amateur

Kilmarnock 0 Celtic 3 SPL

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

playing as man u.........last game
    champs league semi final first leg away to r.madrid....................
    lost 3-1 Love hat trick

so big ask now and have city at home next...........then return semi.....and arse away after that!!!!!!!

Part-Timer

Ajax - FC Utrecht 4-0 (Eredivisie)
    Goals from Sulejmani, Gabri, Suarez and Cvitanich

Result I'm really pleased with, especially because Utrecht was the only team to beat us in first round (0-1 away loss).

Amateur

Rangers 0 Celtic 1 Scottish Cup QF

International Squad

Billericay Town 4 Hitchin Town 0

So going by the theory in this thread, and given it was the last match of the season, that means Billericay are awesome for at least two months.

Amateur
    Do you see what you get when you mess with the warrior?!

FC Dallas 1 - 2 LA Galaxy

Keeps my 100% record up in the MLS so far this season after 8 games.

Amateur

Ivory Coast 1 England 1
    Ivory Coast 0 Germany 0
    Ivory Coast 3 Iran 0

Top of the group plus I domianted Germany game

Nigeria next

Amateur

Woo my results are amazing:

Ivory Coast 0 Nigeria 0 8-7pens
    Ivory Coast 2 Czech Republic 0
    Ivory Coast 2 Mexico 1

Spain in the final

Part-Timer

Svore 0-17 Derby followed by Svore 0-12 Derby

Pre season friendlies

I'm Derby btw

Amateur

Many City 3-0 PSG

UEFA Cup Final.

Good end to my second season.

Started out the Champions League.

Amateur

Leyton Orient 2-1 Wolves

Amateur

Leicester City 2-3 Bradford City 2009-10 CC League 1

Brilliant win for my boys who have adapted to life in League 1 with ease a nice top 10 finish to start off with after last seasons champion ship winning form.

2-0 down a great comeback with goals from John Eustace (P), Chris Brandon and the main man that is Leigh Griffiths in the last minute.

Third Team

Man City 0 Reading 2. Which isn't very good, so I shall cheat and report the result previous to this.

Man City 6 Tottenham 0.

Amateur

Weston Super Mare 2 - 1 St Albans

My 2nd win of the season, the second time I've won by an own goal, who needs strikers

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

14-04-2020: Real Madrid 0 - 0 Canterbury Champions League Quarter Final, we win on aggregate 1-2. First time to the semi's!

Part-Timer

Ajax - Villarreal 4-0 (Champions League 1st knockout round leg 2)

After losing first leg 0-3 (away) I defeated Villarreal 4-0 at home. 90 minutes ended 3-0 and Kennedy scored 4th goal from penalty in 120th minute. What a sweet victory that was. Villarreal fans must have been shocked

Amateur

Rangers 1-1 Celtic
    Nakamura scored a free kick on 92 with a minute to go. I hate my life. haha.

Reserves
    'They say the Germans don't lose on penalties' ... 'They do now'

CSKA Moscow 2 - 3 Man United
    4 - 4 on agg. went out on away goals

Amateur

Porto 3-0 Maritimo
    Bruno Alves (x2)
    Raul Meireles

Academica 1-2 Porto
    Hulk
    Raul Meireles

First two games of the season, and it's looking quite good

Middlesbrough 0-1 Liverpool

Torres header from a corner, that result has taken me to 64 points in the Premier League after 26 games.

Amateur

On FM2008, 1st season, Nufc, Fa Cup 6th round, last time I went to Old Trafford I lost 5-1

Just drew Arsenal in Semi Final...........
    Last edited by Ryan377; 16-04-2009 at 16:38. Reason: Neutral ground

Banned

Semi finals are on neutral grounds, or at Wembley

Reserves

BATE Borisov 4- 0 Viking

Amateur

Arsenal 1-1 Spurs
    6-5 on penalties in the fa cup final
    i was in tears when fabbers missed the first penalty but we came through in the end

Amateur

Leicester 2 - 0 Chester - In the league cup

Amateur

Man Utd 3 vs Crystal Palace 0 Epl Match 2014/2015 season

Reserves

CSKA Moscow 6 - 0 Rubin Kazan

Youth Team

Gateshead 0 - 1 FC United

Great result

Amateur

Manchester City 8-0 Manchester City U18's

Bit harsh, just wanted to test them though.

Semi Pro

Man Utd 2 - Chelsea 0. Last league game of the season and only needed a draw to claim the EPL title ahead of 2nd placed Arsenal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast