I dont hate Man U, but this does actually amuse me

united-1.png

The reason for the last years battling might be down to their manager history:

Managers

Sir Alex Ferguson: 2008-2023 (Resigned, June)

Mike Phelan: 2023 - 2024 (Left, June)

Roy Keane: 2024 - 2026 (Sacked, May)

Neil Banfield: 2026 - 2027 (Sacked, March)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: 2027 - 2028 (Left, July)

Albert Stuivenberg: 2028 - 2029 (Sacked, February)

Craig Cathrath: 2029 - 2030 (Left, November)

Simon Flaherty: 2030 - 2033 (Sacked, February)

Markus Babbel: 2033 -

Club was quite stable until Ferguson left - so if FM is to rely on, Utd fans will face a dark time when he retires:(

Neil Banfield managing Man United?! What gives...

On another note, how was Man United's transfer history in your game, supersaint?

Didnt buy any big name players until 2011, which was their 5th signing in total. Couple of big names left the club in 2013/14 - brought in total of £44M..

After that season, they were relatively quiet in the market until 2023 when they bought a player of Sunderland for £41M. Selling players for almost nothing too.

One thing that has been a bit odd is that they buy players just every other year, and the most players brougth in has been 3 players I think.

If you want to have a in-depth look at it, you can download the savegame here:

http://defectivemind.com/stoke.fm (name reflects a challenge started from that game).

Ferguson leaves after a few years at mine, come to think of it everyone leaves or gets sacked from the big clubs. Managers move around all the time, once a guy gets sacked then a manager moves into that position which leaves his club free which then gets filled by another, and so on.

Currently in early 2013

Wenger went to Roma and now is at Man City

Benitez went to Bayern Munich then back to Liverpool

Spalletti went to Chelsea

Martin O'Neill went to Reading then Bayern Munich

Ancelotti went to Man Utd

Rijkaard went to AC Milan

Pat Rice is the highest earner, managing Arsenal getting paid £130,000 per week.

Guardiola and Schuster surprisingly have held their jobs

The big four in EPL as known today hardly ever buy players. Italian top clubs and the Spanish top clubs know how to buy good players.

Didnt buy any big name players until 2011, which was their 5th signing in total. Couple of big names left the club in 2013/14 - brought in total of £44M..

After that season, they were relatively quiet in the market until 2023 when they bought a player of Sunderland for £41M. Selling players for almost nothing too.

One thing that has been a bit odd is that they buy players just every other year, and the most players brougth in has been 3 players I think.

http://defectivemind.com/stoke.fm (name reflects a challenge started from that game).

Ah alright, thanks for the info and uploading of the save game! I am worried that in my game, which is currently in the midst of season 2010/2011, Man United have not bought any players since game start. That is zero transfers in after three seasons and totally unrealistic as Man United have splashed the cash on big-money signings almost every season, regardless of how well they perform in the previous season.

I think this issue has been brought up before and just hope a fix for this transfer market inactivity would be included in 9.3.0. The reason why I had mentioned this is that I wonder whether the downfall of the club in your game could be partly attributed to their failure in the transfer market.

I think this is bacause Man Utd has some serious debt downpayments in the game, I have never managed them myself. But I read people say you have to win either PL or CL or bring in cash through transfers each season just to pay expenses. I guess their manager didn't spend because expenses was too high.

edit: crap, managed to quote the wrong post. D'oh! It was ment to the guy worried why Man utd didn't sign players.

So now you're even scrolling through old threads to help people?! :D

It was on my subscribed threads on my user cp which I went through last night. :D

How do I "unpackage" it?

Download WinRar and install that. Then extract it to the right location.

Is that the saved game file you are talking about? Well it is compressed so should be smaller.

But going back to the first point. There are only 2 reasons likely that extract to does not appear as an option when you right clcik on the saved game. 1 is WinRar is not installed and 2 is the file is not a compressed file.

united-1.png

The reason for the last years battling might be down to their manager history:

Managers

Sir Alex Ferguson: 2008-2023 (Resigned, June)

Mike Phelan: 2023 - 2024 (Left, June)

Roy Keane: 2024 - 2026 (Sacked, May)

Neil Banfield: 2026 - 2027 (Sacked, March)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: 2027 - 2028 (Left, July)

Albert Stuivenberg: 2028 - 2029 (Sacked, February)

Craig Cathrath: 2029 - 2030 (Left, November)

Simon Flaherty: 2030 - 2033 (Sacked, February)

Markus Babbel: 2033 -

Club was quite stable until Ferguson left - so if FM is to rely on, Utd fans will face a dark time when he retires:(

There is no-one who can replace ferguson, they will suffer when he retires.

If man utd got relegated on mine, id apply straight away and not sell any players!

man utd in the championship, it would be so easy, its almost orgasmic!!

20 years on after a decade of mid table obscurity and it might not be. They could be crippled by debt with an awful team and a decaying stadium. :-p

Archived