Manager Reputation and Shock Sackings...

I've searched the forums, not to much avail unless I want to get technically blitzed.

Despite the manual saying you can set your managerial experience as per previous editions, you can't in this game and it keeps getting me stuffed.

I've just been amazingly sacked by QPR, just 3 months after they publically declared their worry at losing me and offering me a new 2 year extension. I've started the season off so so, W3 D6 L1 and made the last 16 of the League Cup but have just been sacked after a 4-2 defeat at Wolves, noticeably only our 2nd defeat of the season. Their expectations were only to challenge for a play off place, which we were doing. They'd given no idea of being unhappy with me, in fact they were pleased with my performance. So to be sacked was a shock.

Anyway, my bugbear, I'm now being turned down when applying for League 2 jobs at Walsall, Gillingham and Bristol Rovers, I've looked at my profile and it says I'm an "unproven" manager...

In my first season at QPR we finished 4th and lost in the Play Off Semis, performing way above expectation which warranted a new 2 year deal, in my 2nd season we were on the fringe of the play offs before my sacking.

My overall career record is W28 D21 L16, pretty impressive I think, yet I'm still stuck as an unproven manager.

This is the 2nd time its happened to me, Newcastle was the first. I put Newcastle in the UEFA Cup at the 1st attempt, got sacked after a slow start the year after and the only job I could get was a Conference job!!!

Is this managerial experience or manager reputation due to be fixed at all? I feel as thought I've just wasted a huge amount of time now.

Despite the manual saying you can set your managerial experience as per previous editions, you can't in this game and it keeps getting me stuffed.

You can, and you do it the same way as in previous versions. When creating a new manager set the previous experience box to what you want. International footballer is the highest reputation. If you leave it on Automatic then it will tailor your reputation to that of the level you have chosen to play.

I know that's what the box says, but I can caterogically state that I can't find any box anywhere at all to set my experience level too... I've tried looking on every screen and set up new profiles for myself constantly, but can never find any box.

Do I need to turn automatic off in the settings or options before creating a profile, if anything exists there to do that?

I know that's what the box says, but I can caterogically state that I can't find any box anywhere at all to set my experience level too... I've tried looking on every screen and set up new profiles for myself constantly, but can never find any box.

Do I need to turn automatic off in the settings or options before creating a profile, if anything exists there to do that?

You don't need to change anything.

It's right in front of you - right there.

I would post a screenshot, but I can't, as I'm mid-match... If nobody else shows you in the next 10 minutes, I'll get a screenshot. But, seriously, you can't be looking very hard.

I've found that in this version it is almost to easy to build up your reputation. I started as an "ex pro experience" and have taken AFC Wimbledon up to league one. A good achievement but my reputation is now continental and I have turned down many top job offers. I am ranked the second best manager in England behind Scolari!

I've just found out why I don't ever see it... I always always always use the wizard to create my profile and managerial experience isn't an option on the wizard... I've just seen the other way to create a profile on there and can see the option there.

Thanks...

I've still got a gripe with the managerial reputations thought and will forever hate Paldini (QPR Chairman) for sacking me without warning!!! lol

Archived