100 Million Player

I once sold Christiano Ronaldo to his faviourite club Real Madrid for £1000,000,000. Obviously I was cheating and used the editor but others have bought and sold players for rediculous sums like the one you mentioned.

I have never seen a club spend this much on a player, i have spent 70 million myself (40 upfront and the rest in add ons). has anyone spent 100 million? or seen the computer do it?

is a player ever worth this much.

In my second season I spent £100m on Fabregas and £100m on Bojan. A tad excessive but my transfer budget was £150m and I had sold £25m of talent and adjusted my wage budget to give me the extra £50m. That was 09/10. It is now 19/20 and both player are just at their peak. Bojan has a bad season if he scores under 35 goals and Cesc rarely falls below a 7.6 average. With the exception of a regen defender I have not spent more than £5m per year since. I have won approx £200m in prize money with them in the team and I have sold about £170m of talent. In my head it was worth it but it could have gone very wrong.

D.

This topic made me thinking, since I couldnt really remember that I had seen any huge transfer fees. Therefore I went through every transfer since the start until current game date(25th September 2032)

Top Transfer Fees 2008 - 2032

47 000 000      Arsenal
45 000 000      Chelsea
43 000 000      Arsenal
41 000 000      Man Utd
39 500 000      City
39 500 000      Barcelona
35 500 000      Arsenal
33 500 000      Barcelona
33 000 000      Arsenal
32 500 000      Barcelona

Something funny though - City was ruling the transfer market for the first 10 years (apx), getting a lot of players for £20M+. Then Barcelona took over for apx 10 years, and for the last years its Arsenal that throws money all over the place.

My own record? £28M for Michael Lawrence - My top goalscorer for the last two seasons: 41 goals in 75 matches..

100 million for pato aged 23... we shall see :o

In 10/11 I bought him for 17mil euros.

My highes ever is Veloso 30.5mil euros

in 4th season (currently, and the one I bought Pato), Bordeaux sold two players for 57mil each (goufran and Saivet)

FM08 I bought Daniel Alves for about 85m and lionel messi for about 95m just cuz I was gettin so much money each season with Arsenal it was ridiculous. FM09 my biggest buy has been Benzema for 50m (mad rush on the last day of the january window!), 15 games n only 4 goals in the first season, I did panic, but now he's scored about 40 goals in 30 games for my A.C Milan game

Most I have seen the computer do is Ronaldo to Real Madrid for £52mil.

Most I have spent so far on one player is £40mil for a regen.

I will never spend over £50mil, even then its too much. Once regens come into play it isnt hard to find future replacements.

i spent 52m on a regen as early as 2021 in my current game, then broke that again in 2029 when i spent 55m but it's been broken now by bayern who spent 62m in 2038 but i think mainly because the player was from dortmund. on my one the biggest deals most summers are 35-40m but the average player price for a powerhouse team is 20m for even squad players and youngsters.

£200m prize money....What did you win to amass so much? just out of interest....

Definitely worth it by the way.

everything Seriously. League Champions for a decade, League Cup winners 6 times (I tried doing an Arsenal as my board says that they dont want to win that trophy but I hate losing so my main team has won it for the last three seasons), FA cup winners 9 times, Champions League 8 times (lost once to Man Utd - how vexed were my fans at that!), World Club Champs 7 times. It it weren't for squad bonuses I would have even more money.

D.

True. i would never find any fun in managing City.

I have a God complex. I want to win everything all the time. Saying that the current England squad has 14 of my players (although only 7 are in the first 11). All of these I have brought through my ranks or aquired at a young age (apart from Richards who was already here and is now beginning to look his age). I once paid £8m for an 18 year old reserve player from Sunderland but most of my youth siginings are around £500k to £1.5m.

It has got a touch boring as I have found that I only need to think about rebuilding the team every three years so I am waiting for the parch so I can manage my first choice team - Aberdeen. That should be a touch harder.

I paid £107 mill for messi when he was 26. Played brilliant until i sold him back to barca for £46 mill when he was 30. I also bought Ronaldo for 70 mill and sold him for 30 mill at 32 years of age. I Bought benzema for 72 mill and sold him at 30 for 40 mill.

I got the best years out of them and then produced regens to cover their positions when they left. Well worth it

I'm currently in 2012 nearing the end of this season so far my biggest transfers have been;

IN:

2008/09 - £16,500,000 - Darijo Srna - Shakhter

2009/10 - £38,500,000 - Sergio Aguero - At. Madrid

2010/11 - £19,750,000 - Federico Laurito - Udinese

2011/12 - £18,500,000 - Lassana Diarra - Man City

OUT:

2008/09 - £25,000,000 - Dirk Kuyt to Man City

2009/10 - £37,000,000 - Ryan Babel to Barcelona (regret very much :( )

2010/11 - £10,750,000 - Adrey Arshavin to Palermo

2011/12 - £16,500,000 - Xabi Alonso to Barcelona

the most i've sold someone for was Benjani from City. didnt like him, so offered him around. a bidding war errupted, and Chelsea splashed out around 60M or something rediculous.

my biggest buy so far has been Gareth Bale, as i had the cash and needed a decent left back. so, for £32.5M, why not?

second highest non regen is Steven Taylor for £25M + Tal Ben Haim (highest regen being some chilean bloke for £28M)

I've played several games where I've been a few seasons in and been loaded, but I still can't bring myself to spend more than 35million....and that was on Messi. I normally will not break the bank for anyone, I much prefer a bargain signing.

Sergio Aguero £106 Million from my User controlled Inter Milan (Bought him for £50 Million) sold to the Computer controlled Man City.

They enquired and it was the day of Kaka's "move" to Man City and I did it as sort of a joke, but they made the offer of 100 Million and 6 Million over 12 months and you can't say no to that...because it's just stupid...

how did you do 70m over 24months thought the maximum was 40m? or was the rest clauses did you mean?

I don't know. I think possibly because they offered him for that much. Like you can only bid up to £100m but they can then say they want £110m or whatever. Because I had been bidding and eventually they turned round and asked for that. That's all I can think of.

Archived