No one want's money!

This game just went even more crazy then before, now what's happened is that when trying to offer a contract to any player, regardless of squad status of salary, they want £0 contracts, and i mean everyone in the team!!

Now the big question is, that should i capatalize on this momentary lapse of reason, and offer everyone a miminum salary contract, or will they soon become unhappy for having a lousy contract if i do so ? Whatever, the games logic is going all over the place like a mad womans breakfast, everyday it's something else loony that i discover:mad:

GLITCH! report if it continues I say. And don't offer contracts like that as you know you'll feel clever at first, but then you'll feel guilty, and then the guilt will eat you from inside, and if you get success the guilt will have eaten all the pleasure, and you'll want to start ALL over again.

its funny how the realism of footballers demanding insultingly high wages doesn't sap our will to live in quite the same way though isn't it.

Yeah, i suppose it's temporary, now some of my players demand normal wages again. But i noticed that, when they want to play for charity (meaning £0 contract to clarify my sense of humour) the 'job' box was empty, maby that was the problem, but i couldn't touch that box to change the job to 'player'.

ps: didn't dare to offer anyone a charity-contract, i reckon it would had ultimatly worked againts me. Imagine if they would had angrily demanded a new contract, and would had refused to sign it without a hefty signing on fee!

when i take over a club i offer all the top earners 5k less on the contracts with no signing on fee and they accept, i do this about 3 or 4 times to each player if they keep accepting to reduce the wage bill at first, i do feel guilty and offer them better contracts when my budget is increades however

I guess this is 'just' the little bug which sometimes appears. When you are on the contract offer screen, does the Job Role line say anything? I would guess it is blank and no player would accept such offer (which is good because if they did they wouldn't be eligible anymore as they don't hav player contracts).

Do they accept those contracts? This happens to me from time to time but players do not accept. It's a "temporary" bug. At least for me...

this is right - its a little bug the players dont accept the contract. you need to withdraw your offer then offer it again and it corrects itself.

every Footie Manager has had one glitch or another with contracts, last year there was an array out of bounds when trying to offer backroom staff a new deal if i remember correctly.

when i take over a club i offer all the top earners 5k less on the contracts with no signing on fee and they accept, i do this about 3 or 4 times to each player if they keep accepting to reduce the wage bill at first, i do feel guilty and offer them better contracts when my budget is increades however

why do you feel guility? Brian Clough used to do this sort of thing all the time in real life and he was one of the best

Just a warning about this, if they accept the contract when it doesn't give them a job, they vanish from the game becuase they are no longer a player or staff. I think they always reject on 09 but it's something to look out for in the future.

You also usually find that if you continue to the next day, it will revert back to normal.

why do you feel guility? Brian Clough used to do this sort of thing all the time in real life and he was one of the best

that's not a good argument, not really and you know it. i reckon most normal compassionable people would feel terribly guilty when doing things brian clough did

Just a warning about this, if they accept the contract when it doesn't give them a job, they vanish from the game becuase they are no longer a player or staff. I think they always reject on 09 but it's something to look out for in the future.

You also usually find that if you continue to the next day, it will revert back to normal.

I got a bit lucky then!! see, i just offered a contact to one of my player, and the 'job' box was empty, but even though he wanted the charity-contract i did offer him a bit higher salary then what he already has (as his only 20 years old and plays regularly), thank god he turned down the offer!! then i offered him a 'normal' contract with 'player' as his job description, and he accepted:)

Archived