The Refs Hate Me!

Got Northwich Victoria promoted to League Two in my first season. However the current season is being ruined by the refs. Right now I'm in 21st place when I should be in the playoff positions. I have counted four goals given against me which where clearly offside (Like seriously offside) but the Linesman who was obviously working on a pie or something failed to see it. The worst one so far was when I was down 2-1 against Cheltenham Town in stoppage time, my striker plays an awesome ball to my left winger, he is one v one with the keeper, gets around the keeper and has an open net to score on, in my mind I was "Yes, nice goal, at least we get a point!" but no, the ref decides to blow his whistle to end the game right before he shot. :mad:

BTW I have never criticized any referee after a match, yet.

Actually I have never been criticized/fined when it was a clear ref mistake. If the offside is clear and not given, i have moaned and all i got was the news item that says "FA silent ... " and my players were happy for it. So I say if you're sure you are right and the refs wrong go for it!

I think what would be good is to see a few second yellow cards rescinded. It happens in real life so its a feature to be considered

That would make complaining to the FA a worthwhile attempt. Current;y the best you get is an "FA remain quiet"

I've found these things happen, but like in life, they tend to balance out over time. Some go your way, some don't!

Last night while playing, I had a nice 3-1 win at home, with 2 controversial goals for me. I personally thought 1 was definitely offside and not called, lucky for me. And the other was ooooh so close, couldn't call it.

lets face it, refs may make bad decisions, but the offside rule is the most unclear rule of any game, and needs to be seriously looked at and revamped, the euro champs are proof, the holland italy game i think, dutch forward was in offside position and scored, but was not deemed offside because an italian player was behind the goal recieving treatment, its unsure situations like that, that could make or break any football game

Archived