How come top teams generally have average staff!!

Seems like it's like that throughout the game though. There are only a handful of really good staff which is contrary to real life, because then it's the case that a lot of very good coaches/managers/scouts work for lower division clubs. I think staff should generally be quite evenly matched especially throughout the top 2 or 3 leagues in a country at least.

I reckon there should be a lot more 10-15 rated staff than there are at the moment.

It is very true. Non-playing staff and their development generally is a highly neglected area of the game - should be prioritized for FM10.

I second that.. There is a lack of good staff and sometimes Im not sure if having good staff really benefits my team.. If in benefits its really disadvantage to AI...

I don't think it makes any real difference. Having loads of rubbish staff is just as good as having a few great ones for training players, it only really effects your wage budget.

I'm sure there is a post somewhere around showing that having 7 star coaches isn't important it is more important having great facilities and training workloads at light on the assign coaches screen.

Archived