Sven sticks one on Capello

I thought this was quite interesting.

It's 2010 and we're in the final stages of the World Cup. Capello has got England into the semis and beats Russia on penalties to reach the final.

In the other semi it's Mexico up against Italy. In the Mexico hotseat is a little old man the English know all too well.

sven.jpg

As you can see he beat Italy...to set up the ultimate in 'who's the boss'.

And then Sven does the big one...

mexicoworldcup.jpg

The whole of England is wishing he'd stayed now...

Just thought that was a fun little development in the world of FM. If only the game knew the significance. :D

It was a combination of playing against poor opposition and luck. When he went up against a good team he mostly drew, against one of the top teams he inevitably lost, Scolari always outsmarted him (and that's not hard) and knew what tactic Sven would play - the one he always plays.

His one dimensional score-first-then-defend-with-10-men-in-our-own-half-for-70-minutes tactic and lack of a Plan B was his undoing. That and his disrespect for women.

Besides, even Mexico want him out.

But I digress...

yes, i noticed that mexico were really close to an major upset in the qualifiers, they lost to honduras and drew with jamaica i think... they got through to the next round by 1 point, or maby even by goal differenence can't remember (i'm talking about real life here).

I'd love to see sven fail horribly, and failing in that country could have some nasty consequenses:D i thought it was quite hilarious, despite the serious matter, when i heard in the news the other week: ''a leading mexican anti-kidnapp expert, has been kidnapped...''

Archived