Player Instructions

Is there a way to save player instructions per position?

If not, could this be a future feature? I want my two DM's to play with identical instructions and it's a pain in the backside having to alter each accordingly. I'd like to be able to save my instructions and then be able to select it for each player depending on the position.

No there isnt.

I'd like to see this aspect added into the game aswell, for me it's more of an issue when swapping players due to either rotation/substitution, yes they might both be <insert position here> but that doesnt mean they have the same way of playing

eg

MC1 Passing 5, Dribbling 15

MC2 Passing 15, Dribbling 5

asking mc2 to play like mc1 is just asking for trouble, yet if you forget to spend several minutes checking Individual settings based on player attributes trouble is what you get

real players go over this stuff during training....

Yeah there is a way. There is already an option on the tactics screen to set each position to the player instuctions to the default ones but you overwrite those with different settings then you can just use them. I can't remember where the file is. It is probably with the default tactics. It is self explanatory to change it I think. Just change the appropiate values in the file.

On a similar subject: In FM 07 at least, whenever I saved player instructions for my left striker then exited the game, then later ran the game again to play, the left striker's instructions would be changed to what it was for the last player.

I didn't discover this strangeness until a few seasons in.

The computer officially cheated against me. -_-

Archived