Need help with 'squad harmony'

OK im playing with Arsenal, this is my very first game on FM09. I am getting frustrated with

squad harmony' confidence screen.

I'm nearing mid 2nd season, 1st season i have won premier league and english fa cup, semis CL and league cup, 2nd season i have been struggling in midtable because i had 6-7 injuries to my good players at a time for 1 month - 2 months, but i still managed to keep within top 4, 1 point behind 1st.

HOWEVER, my squad harmony is 'POOR' it was 'good' all the time during 1st season, i dont understand why this section of confidence has gone from good to poor??? i admit i dont give all players a good run of games, because i dont rotate much, could that be a problem? or what else?

How do i keep my squad harmony up? :(

This can be a tricky one, with no set rule.

1/ If you have lots of big name players, then rotation is simply not an option, though nor is leaving out big name players. If you have big reputation guys not playing, then that is going to be a problem.

2/ Fining big reputation player will definitely cause a revolt, many players will think they are above petty fines, especially if they have spoken to the media about not playing.

3/ Poor league form will discourage players who are used to better, they will effectively(read between the lines) blame each other, or actively blame you.

4/ Obviously, players with opposite personalities will not get along, do you have players who dislike each other? You may have to move one on, just be sure that player isn't popular with the rest of the squad.

For now, that's what I have to offer.

Harmony takes time to develop. As the above poster says, adding a lot of new players will shoot your squad harmony to heck as fast as you can say, "Transfer Window." Especially if it's done without regard to personalities. Many is the player I pass over, even though he'd be a perfect fit in every other way, if his personality isn't to some degree professional or determined. If I were to start adding ambitious people, there'd be conflicts as soon as I hit a run of poor form.

Cutting/benching/selling a popular player will shoot you down, too. You can tell the popular players by the "Thinks <name> is a good player" comments on a players page. If you see the same name a lot, be prepared for a revolt if you get rid of him/**** that guy off.

Harmony takes time to develop. As the above poster says, adding a lot of new players will shoot your squad harmony to heck as fast as you can say, "Transfer Window."

I disagree up to a point. If you sign lots of big name players with very big reputations, then that is true, but if you sign lots of lower reputation players then, in my experience at least, it's not the case.

At Arsenal, however, I'd imagine SSGT is right

langages also does not help do they ALL speak english

I just had this problem with AFC Wimbledon. Got into the BSP and needed practically a new squad - so I signed practically a new squad! I then found it impossible to get rid of players.

Fast forward to the end of the next season.

Squad moral was almost non existant - everyone had lost faith in the manager. I had about 6 guys for each possition (including 10 first/reserve team centre backs plus under 18s).

The board were upset with disharmony in the squad.

Anyway, I just free transferred all the old guys from BSS years, and now harmony back up to around 50% (half way up the bar in confidence screen) at pre-season. I am deliberately not signing players now to see if that helps the form of the team as well as harmony - and I don't really need anyone anyway, although a creative MC would be handy ;-)

G

Archived