english exam

with the fa introducing the new rules, that foreign players will have one year to learn english before they have to take their english test to stay in the country, will this be introduced into the game.. would be funny to see

kaka has returned to brazil as he has failed his english exam.

with the fa introducing the new rules, that foreign players will have one year to learn english before they have to take their english test to stay in the country, will this be introduced into the game.. would be funny to see

kaka has returned to brazil as he has failed his english exam.

Have you heard Kaka speak english? I really doubt that he would fail an english test, if it is a real thing.

very usefull adition indeed.

let's try to suggest some more usefull stuff like...oh i don't know : players vomiting on the pitch (beck), funny accents that the managers don't understand (rooney), during the match the ball looses air, squirles running on the pitch, fans invadating pitch etc.

According to the newspaper article I read it had to be changed from the Governments policy. Basically there are several different catergories of workers. Footballers would normally be classed as skilled workers which means they would have to pass an English test before entering the country (leagally) however the FA asked for a change to this. Footballers are to be classed as cultural workers (not sure on correct term) for a year then are to be switched to the skilled workers catogry, after which they must pass an English test. This only applies to players from outside the EU however.

Feel free to correct me as the article I read was in the Sun.

yeh that is 100% not going to happen if it applies to non-British citizens - the EU will block it, free movement of EU citizens means the FA cannot chuck out a French player if they refuse to speak English....

and iv just realised that the second post said it is already implemented in Belgium!! WTF it must be for people not from the EU

yeh that is 100% not going to happen if it applies to non-British citizens - the EU will block it, free movement of EU citizens means the FA cannot chuck out a French player if they refuse to speak English....

and iv just realised that the second post said it is already implemented in Belgium!! WTF it must be for people not from the EU

Thats why it only relates to NON-EU NATIONALS read the half-dozen posts that state this exact thing!

I have already seen one of my players be refused British Nationality because he couldn't speak English.

Archived