+ Reply to Thread

Thread: english exam

Amateur

Default english exam

with the fa introducing the new rules, that foreign players will have one year to learn english before they have to take their english test to stay in the country, will this be introduced into the game.. would be funny to see

kaka has returned to brazil as he has failed his english exam.

Amateur

Default Re: english exam

i think it will, as its already there for players who apply for belgian citizenship

Semi Pro
    I enjoy farting when I'm in a lift, which is wrong on so many levels

I'm all for realism, but I'll be livid if one of my key players has to be sold because of this rule.

Amateur

can you imagine a player refusing to speak english in public to make sure he gets his move away from a club though, i can see someone trying this.

Amateur

yeah. i know what you mean.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rberbe2002 View Post
    with the fa introducing the new rules, that foreign players will have one year to learn english before they have to take their english test to stay in the country, will this be introduced into the game.. would be funny to see

kaka has returned to brazil as he has failed his english exam.
    Have you heard Kaka speak english? I really doubt that he would fail an english test, if it is a real thing.

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

can the fa dictate who stays in this country? thats up to the goverment surely

Semi Pro
    I enjoy farting when I'm in a lift, which is wrong on so many levels

Quote Originally Posted by postal postie View Post
    can the fa dictate who stays in this country? thats up to the goverment surely
    this will be added to comply with new immigration laws that the government are implementing next year

Amateur

yea this is a government rule, not just for football from my understanding, anyone working in uk who needs permit or from non eu countries

Amateur

aaahh it would be a bit gutting but mayby you could suggest they attend classes?
    Last edited by 18-WATP-73; 24-01-2009 at 18:18. Reason: missread

Amateur

I fail to see why foreigners should have to be able to speak English, when half of our British nationals cannot speak English properly, i.e. Beckham.

very usefull adition indeed.
    let's try to suggest some more usefull stuff like...oh i don't know : players vomiting on the pitch (beck), funny accents that the managers don't understand (rooney), during the match the ball looses air, squirles running on the pitch, fans invadating pitch etc.

Semi Pro
    Wolverhampton, Moving back to Hartlepool in 5 days.

According to the newspaper article I read it had to be changed from the Governments policy. Basically there are several different catergories of workers. Footballers would normally be classed as skilled workers which means they would have to pass an English test before entering the country (leagally) however the FA asked for a change to this. Footballers are to be classed as cultural workers (not sure on correct term) for a year then are to be switched to the skilled workers catogry, after which they must pass an English test. This only applies to players from outside the EU however.

Feel free to correct me as the article I read was in the Sun.

Amateur

yeh that is 100% not going to happen if it applies to non-British citizens - the EU will block it, free movement of EU citizens means the FA cannot chuck out a French player if they refuse to speak English....

and iv just realised that the second post said it is already implemented in Belgium!! WTF it must be for people not from the EU

Amateur
    About as far away from quality football as it is possible to get, NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by makelele696 View Post
    yeh that is 100% not going to happen if it applies to non-British citizens - the EU will block it, free movement of EU citizens means the FA cannot chuck out a French player if they refuse to speak English....

and iv just realised that the second post said it is already implemented in Belgium!! WTF it must be for people not from the EU
    Thats why it only relates to NON-EU NATIONALS read the half-dozen posts that state this exact thing!

I have already seen one of my players be refused British Nationality because he couldn't speak English.

Amateur

It would be a great little addition that would add to the game. It would be interesting to get exam results !!

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by blowcrapup View Post

Feel free to correct me as the article I read was in the Sun.
    it will all be lies if it came from that *****house paper.

+ Reply to Thread