Are transfers too easy?

IMO, buying players is too easy in this game. It's really easy to sign a bunch of players, very easily.

Say for example, right now Arsenal are having a long drawn out proccess to try and sign Arshavin. Whereas, in FM, I can sign him with Arsenal for £13M in a matter of days.

Anyone agree with me?

Well I don't sign many players but I had problems with a German regen that vent on for some weeks at my Chelsea save. First Dortmund upped the asking price a couple of times. Then the contract offer. First I offered him a youth contract he wanted none of it, then a professional contract which he turned down because of a too low appearance fee, then he turned one down because it was too short, the third time he still wanted more per appearance (couldn't he have said that earlier?) then he just said that he sees no point in negotiating a contract with me and that was that.

On my games I haven't really found it very easy (or very hard for that matter) to sign players with a few exceptions here and there (like my German regen friend)

More generally I would believe it is harder to sign players IRL due to much more variables that can affect the signing of a player and FM simply can't take all of them into account due to technical limitations.

look at bullard to hull

that was quick

I read the first 2 posts and i said to myself "Well we took a day to sign Bullard" and then i saw your post :(

On topic, i dont agree with you. Look at Robinho he went to Man city on the last day of the transfer window.

I agree that in general transfers are way too easy. Trying to get a player from a "rich" club is a nightmare though. They reject any offer up to mildly ridiculous, I haven't tried bidding more because I don't want to spend a fully ridiculous amount :p

I read the first 2 posts and i said to myself "Well we took a day to sign Bullard" and then i saw your post :(

On topic, i dont agree with you. Look at Robinho he went to Man city on the last day of the transfer window.

Well.. that's because the sheik that owns them only took power on the last day of the transfer window :D

I think the reality is accurately reflected in the game. Some deals are immediately acceptable for all parties involved, and go through quickly, others are very protracted and drawn out and take a while. I have just spent the last three weeks of January trying to buy someone and only got the deal through on the very last day of the transfer window.

have you never tried to sign that one player at the start of the summer and it drags on and on because he is worth £4million so you enquire - get dismissed - bid £4m get rejected - bid £5.5m only for them to negotiate £10m with 30% next sale - you negotiate down then they bump it up to £12m and 30% next sale. It is hardwork if you are on a budget - im West Ham i buy what i sell

i rejected £20m for Dean Ashton from United (only £5m upfront) bcuz he scored 8 in last 10 to save us (west ham); who i recently took over; from relegation - this season hes scored 3 in 17 and just when i was regretting the decision not to sell - hat-trick against Arsenal 4-2 win (25 games into season Arsenals second loss and now they are only 10 points ahead)

I love the new system. Selling players at their value, or round about is easy now. As it should be in my opinion.
the transfer system is good , the only reason they seem easy is because after a while playing the game you start to remember how much players will cost and therefore just get them straight away at that price

As mentioned in the two quoted posts.

For me it is spot on. Some players are in very quick, some take day's to agree a fee and then take days to agree a contract.

Well I don't sign many players but I had problems with a German regen that vent on for some weeks at my Chelsea save.

Nice touch replacing the W with a V when talking about a German player, but anyway, I think its easier to get bids accepted when your a lower division club buying from a higher division than it was in previous games, but more difficult for teams at the same, higher level trying to buy from either their own league or the equivalent in another league.

Personally I think the transfer system works well.

I always think that it's a combination of things that contribute to signing a player. Club status, competitions the club is involved in and so on. It's good to have some negotiation take place with potential players.

Archived