+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manager Wars

Amateur

Default Manager Wars

Just wondering if anyone has had a rival manager start a war of words in the media for no apparent reason which has continued for months or longer. Also when a manager starts making nasty comments about you do you usually retaliate or do you brush it away and completely ignore it?

Banned

Default Re: Manager Wars

Yes, i slagged of Fergie for having a whiskey nose, and he has hated me ever since

Amateur

I always get hated by the lower-team managers, but loved by the likes of Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho.

Amateur

the problem is that when someone does make a comment on you, it doens't appear in your letterbox, so these things can easily go unnoticed.

When i was at newcastle, i was unsuprisingly given stick by roy keane. As it's only a videogame i did my share of retaliation, but in real life i frankly wouldn't dare!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteGenius View Post
    I always get hated by the lower-team managers, but loved by the likes of Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho.
    I wonder why that is? Perhaps the lower team managers are just jealous of you. I usually have an excellent relationship with Fergie as well, thats weird because he seems to have a lot of enemies and is rather disliked IRL. Jealousy does crazy things to people

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the toon View Post
    the problem is that when someone does make a comment on you, it doens't appear in your letterbox, so these things can easily go unnoticed.

When i was at newcastle, i was unsuprisingly given stick by roy keane. As it's only a videogame i did my share of retaliation, but in real life i frankly wouldn't dare!
    Tell em he wanks his dog, that should shut him up

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Pogrebnyak View Post
    Tell em he wanks his dog, that should shut him up
    What if he really does?

Amateur

In my save i bought an up and coming gem from Bristol City for 1.4m pounds, now he is 21 and is a leading star in the premier league. Bristol City have been in the premier league for the past two seasons and their manager has slagged me off 3 times!!...........do you think this is because i stole this wonderkid?
    I reply by saying i have no time for this ****** BUT after the game when i have won i slag him off HUUUUGE and it gives my team a big boost and Bristol City go on a 3+ winless streak

Banned

Yeah slagging off your teams main rivals manager is a great way off getting in the fans good books

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lil ole me View Post
    I reply by saying i have no time for this ****** BUT after the game when i have won i slag him off HUUUUGE and it gives my team a big boost and Bristol City go on a 3+ winless streak
    I do this kinda thing. Play it cool pre-match, but really rub it in after we've won

Amateur

Wait till AFTER you have had a positive result against a rival and then lay into the manager. Doing it pre-match and then being defeated is a surefire recipe for disaster.

I am hated by every one of the big team managers.

Stoke City Researcher

I tend to get on quite well with a few of them because its easier to get players on the cheap if the game is to be believed.

Amateur

if u are hated by a manager does it just say he has a fairly poor opinion of you. i have never got anything more and i have constantly made fun of my rivals manager after wins or just randomly attacking

+ Reply to Thread