Manager's Knowledge

yahoo123, would you be able to tell me in which region of Africa Nigeria is found under? I have 2 fantastic Nigerian players and often stumble across world class Nigerians in the oddest places, a Belgian club has 6 of them!

I'm desperate to get scouting knowledge of Nigeria without having to hire another scout, so I've set two of my own scouts to scout out central Africa in the hope that they stumble across Nigeria, then I could single it out. I know where the nation is geographically but do not know if it would fall under central or south :/

I get this sometimes and I looked on scouting knowledge (there's some table somewhere-can't remember) and it tells you how much knowledge you get from scouts. Sometimes you get knowledge from feeder clubs etc. But sometimes there is a random player or manager that you are not associated with and you get knowledge from them for some reason...

:)

I discovered where Nigeria was, if you go to a national team's information page it tells you in which scouting region the nation falls under.

On the new off-topic subject of feeder clubs, do we get any option to choose them, their nation or region? My club has 2 feeders who are both in the bottom league of my nation but I've heard you can get feeder clubs in other nations. Do the boardroom just randomly select a potential feeder when you enquire about getting one, or do they give you options?

If you go to your managers profile page, the "Knowledge" section is there. Hover the mouse over the nation you suddenly have knowledge for, and it will bring up the source of your knowledge. In my experience, it could be from a friendship with a manager, of from a player that has you on their fave person list.

If you go to your managers profile page, the "Knowledge" section is there. Hover the mouse over the nation you suddenly have knowledge for, and it will bring up the source of your knowledge. In my experience, it could be from a friendship with a manager, of from a player that has you on their fave person list.

That happened to me in FM07; I praised a manager in Hong Kong, and I gained a little knowledge of Hong Kong.

I am manager of Croatia, and have been for 3 years now, yet have gained no knowledge of Croatia, I don't get it.

In fact i'm in the 2015 season and the only knowledge I have is of England, despite all the different nationalities of players I have etc.

I'm in January 2011 and already have full knowledge of N. Ireland (manager's nationality), England (manage in England), Canada (manage Canadian national team), and for some reason a bit of Scotland.

I'm in January 2011 and already have full knowledge of N. Ireland (manager's nationality), England (manage in England), Canada (manage Canadian national team), and for some reason a bit of Scotland.

That will tell you how you know about Scotland.

I always set my nationality to Northern Irish (for obvious reasons) and start the game with knowledge of Scotland and England, whether I manage in those countries or not. Perhaps SI have taken into account that the NI league is pretty poor so Northern Irish people will probably follow Scottish or English football and have some knowledge of it.

That doesn't work with FM09, to see where your knowledge comes from you need to go to Scouting -> Knowledge from the team screen. On the Nations bit it will give you the name of the person who provides that Knowledge and then in brackets the name of the person they got that knowledge from (though it only works if someone else isn't giving you more knowledge of the country than yourself, if someone elses name is there I don't think you can see where your personal knowledge comes from).

That doesn't work with FM09, to see where your knowledge comes from you need to go to Scouting -> Knowledge from the team screen. On the Nations bit it will give you the name of the person who provides that Knowledge and then in brackets the name of the person they got that knowledge from (though it only works if someone else isn't giving you more knowledge of the country than yourself, if someone elses name is there I don't think you can see where your personal knowledge comes from).
Thats odd. Try doing the same thing on you Scouting Knowledge screen.

Yea, figured that out :thup:

I always set my nationality to Northern Irish (for obvious reasons) and start the game with knowledge of Scotland and England, whether I manage in those countries or not. Perhaps SI have taken into account that the NI league is pretty poor so Northern Irish people will probably follow Scottish or English football and have some knowledge of it.

Maybe it's a British nationality thing?

Plenty of people down south support teams across the water too but i still only get knowledge of the Republic in my game. Can't scout in Northern Ireland either :(

Thanks for all the replies guys. Didn't expect so many. I have got my knowledge of Netherland Antilles from one of players and as one of my scouts has good knowledge of Holland I guess I got my knowledge from him. He gained the knowledge by scouting the region and then has possibly passed it on to me but it does make me curious because I have sent scouts to France, Spain and Italy before this and none of my scouts provided me with any knoweldge then.

Maybe it's a British nationality thing?

Plenty of people down south support teams across the water too but i still only get knowledge of the Republic in my game. Can't scout in Northern Ireland either :(

i have my nationality set as northern irish with a second nationality of faroese and onl;y have knowledge of northern ireland and a bit of the faroe islands, no english, scottish, welsh or the republic of ireland, but i have a question if you manage derry city do u get knowledge of the north and south of ireland?

i have my nationality set as northern irish with a second nationality of faroese and onl;y have knowledge of northern ireland and a bit of the faroe islands, no english, scottish, welsh or the republic of ireland, but i have a question if you manage derry city do u get knowledge of the north and south of ireland?

You would probably gain a knowledge of The Republic of Ireland.

I still don't understand why i'm not picking up any other knowledge than England (my nationality), what patch is everyone running? I'm on v9.1

It could depend on how far into the game you are. You wont attain knowledge instantly. It took me around 8 seasons before I got knowledge of Holland, and that was only because Ruud Gullet was my mate :D

Players that you have for years will give you knowledge too, but I don't think it comes thick and fast, its something that takes an age to acquire.

Archived