Incredible missers...

I think that top players, even top strikers misses a lot of incredible chances, even when the GK is out of his goal. Or one-on-ones with the keeper end up very rarely in a goal.

In real life top strikers never or maybe once in their lifetime miss from an open goal or miss rarely a one-on-one with the GK but in FM09 it's every match a couple of times that they miss these great opportunities.

This isn't realistic and should be fixed in patch? Don't you guys see this problem or is it already mentioned in one of the many topics before?

Thanks

Actually I think the 1v1 situations with goalies are very well programmed. I seriously doubt that more than 50% of those opportunities lead to a goal irl, and only really excellent strikers can get a 90% ratio in those situations. The thing I do agree with is that strikers miss ridiculously easy chances when they are ahead. If my team is leading they start wasting good chances and give away too many chances as well.

Besides, what kind of opportunities do your strikers let go to waste then? My team can gather about 10-15 real chances each game, and they finish about 4 of them on average. This is very much obviously, but then again the team I'm coaching is meanwhile the best team in the world by miles.

Archived