Another PC spec question (Sorry!!!)

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0268869624.1232067939@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadegeldljddcflgceggdhhmdfon.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=3&tm=0&sku=869227&category_oid=

Looks like a very good deal to me. The thing is i like to have as many leagues as possible with quite a big database of players. Do you think this PC will meet my requirements?? How many leagues do you think it would run comfortably??

Basically i like a lot of leagues running whenever i play manager games. I've not really ventured past cm01/02 for two reasons - one i think that was the best in the series and two my pc's have never really been able to run the FM series very well whenever i've tried. It usually came up with about 12 leagues recommended maximum whereas with CM 01/02 i could have about 12 countries selected and about 25-30 leagues running pretty quickly which was great. I know specs have changed drastically since the 01/02 game but i want to be sure i get the right system for around this example price that i know will let me do something similar runnig plenty of leagues easily.

Basically i like a lot of leagues running whenever i play manager games. I've not really ventured past cm01/02 for two reasons - one i think that was the best in the series and two my pc's have never really been able to run the FM series very well whenever i've tried. It usually came up with about 12 leagues recommended maximum whereas with CM 01/02 i could have about 12 countries selected and about 25-30 leagues running pretty quickly which was great. I know specs have changed drastically since the 01/02 game but i want to be sure i get the right system for around this example price that i know will let me do something similar runnig plenty of leagues easily.

Well I have 22 leagues loaded and it is running comfortably for me and my laptop has a lesser spec than the computer you posted.

I think SI said that the recommended setup will only show around 12 divisions anyway at max.

What specs have you currently?

It's not even worth quoting the specs i have because like i said above i could only run a few leagues in FM 08 and even then it was slow. It's a 2/3 year old Acer. After a new pc anyway but i really want the FM series to work great on it, that's one of the main aims anyway. Will the graphics card suffice do you think??

I really think the pc i have posted is excellent value for the spec (i'm not 100% clued up on specs but i think i'm right in sayin i'll be hard pushed to find a better spec for the price???) Unless anyone else has any other links to pc's that are worth a look at??

that pc you posted is similar spec to mine and i can run every country and every league but it does slow the system down a bit so i tend to run about 6/7 countries with every league

and also something for to consider http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/085226

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=22190&category_id=684&manufacturer_id=0&tid=bun3023

Thats what i thought. Probably a bit of a daft question in the grand scheme of things!

Want to go and get the PC on sunday or at least have ordered it online by then. I'm probably going to go for the Advent one i posted in the first post as i seem to have got some good, positive feedback from this one so far. Are there any decent laptops with a similar spec that people would recommend? Any desktops that are similar or even better for around £600 or under?

I'm a bit concerned about the amount of ram and the version of windows that this computer you linked to has. Make sure that it has the 64 bit version of windows and not the 32 bit version before you part with any money otherwise 6GB is just pointless.

Archived