Van Der Vaart

I've hated Van Der Vaart since FM 2007 or so...

He always seems to underperform, probably because of his ppm (long shots) which made him try some ridiculous shots from 40 yards out and miss miss miss and miss. Teammate through on goal? Shoot. Through on goal yourself? Don't continue into the box, just shoot from 30 yards out!

I hate you VDV. :(

I've hated Van Der Vaart since FM 2007 or so...

He always seems to underperform, probably because of his ppm (long shots) which made him try some ridiculous shots from 40 yards out and miss miss miss and miss. Teammate through on goal? Shoot. Through on goal yourself? Don't continue into the box, just shoot from 30 yards out!

I hate you VDV. :(

lol thats all strikers in 09 though :p

That's for attacking central midfielders and not for actual attacking midfielders though...

"I am really struggling with my attacking midfielders though, whether its in the AMC position, the MC position, MCa with a line up or MCa with a slightly higher mentality, they regularly turn in sub-6 performances"

VDV was very good in 08. However, at least for me, he needed to play in the AMC position. If I dropped him to MC he didn't play all that well. But, as an AMC he was superb. Player of the year, scored tons of goals, tons of assists, the works.

In 09 he does seem to have dropped quite a lot. We all know he's at Real Madrid but seldom plays for them. What happens is that his CA drops quite a lot during his stint at Real, something like 170 to 155 or thereabouts (at least that's what happened in my save). After that he never seems to recover and is never the player he should be.

But VDV is nothing. What about my beloved Asamoah Gyan? He was a monster in 08 (best striker, I would say) and is a nobody in 09. :(

Third season after the patch and I got him for 5m from Madrid for Rangers.

20 games 11 goals 8 assists in the league

10 games 2 goals 4 assists in the CL

Overall he has an average rating of 7.09

I don’t play him in the ACM role but as a MC and he appears to do ok

Archived