Commercial Feeder Club Returns

Sorry if this has been covered, I did do a search prior to starting a new thread.

I was wondering what the revenue figures for commercial feeder clubs are? Since the annual fee is often 500k or more, what sort of returns do you get? I would presume it is somewhere in the region of 2x - 3x that figure?

Yeah, a good commercial link can be of a decent financial benefit.

Do you know if there's a limit on the number of commercial links a club can have? Is it tied in to rep possibly? I mean, on its own spending 500k to make 1m seems so-so but if you had 5 commercial links, then it would actually surpass my current sponsorship deal ..!

My merchandising has gone from $2 mil to $5 mil over 3 season in premier league during which i have signed 2 commercial links (North America and China) for total of $3.5 mil plus 1 player that boosted shirt sales.

So seems like i am loosing money here :(

• 4 weeks later...
Quick question here.

I've been offered five American clubs to link with. They cost from £500K-£3.5M, I don't have much interest in American teams and I don't have the MLS loaded, so I can't tell which team are more reputable.

Would a higher annual payment tend to result in a bigger merchandising income boost?

It usually seemed to work that way in the recent FM games, yes.

Archived