I've played 2 more away games then home games

I went into the last day of the season 2 points behind Celtic (I'm Rangers) due to having to play away to them 3 times. At this time I've played 19 away games and 18 away so I think I should be at home with Celtic having a more diffcult away game. I need them to drop points. Nope! The game has decided I'm away again. Alas I fell short and felt cheated.

In summary - As Rangers in the SPL I have had to play 3 times at Parkhead with one at Ibrox. I have also played 20 away games (Celtic 18 away and 20 at home).

Are SI going to fix this? It does not happen in real life. Rangers and Celtic always play 2 home and 2 away against each other. It also means they have extra money from those exra games at home so I'm losing financially too.

Here is how to do it mate. You don't have to know.

How to Post a Screenshot

While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

Save the file as a JPEG

Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket

Post the direct Url to the image here.

Hasn't this got something to do with the split in the SPL, IIRC Celtic had 3 home games against Rangers a few seasons back.

It's never happened. It happens to others teams. Can you imagine the furore if it happened to one of the OF? Rangers and Celtic are seeded so that it cannot happen.

Without knowing everything about scottish football - does the seeding always include rangers and celtic, or is it based on league position throughout the first part of the season.

because if rangers did really bad in the first part then they wouldnt be seeded and thus it could happen to them?

The six sides that finished in the top six the previous season are seeded; the last-quarter fixtures are set up so that, if the same six are the top six this season, they will get two home and two away fixtures against the other five. If, however, an unexpected team makes the top six, they take over the last-quarter fixtures of the side they replaced.

i think it is just the way the draw comes out after the split, But i may be wrong.

Celtic last 5 fixtures in :

Season 2004/2005 fixtures irl:

24/04/2005 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Rangers 12:30 A 2-1

30/04/2005 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Hibernian 15:00 H 1-3

08/05/2005 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Aberdeen 15:00 H 2-0

15/05/2005 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Heart of Midlothian 14:00 A 2-1

22/05/2005 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Motherwell 14:00 A 1-2

Season 2005/2006 irl:

16/04/2006 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Hibernian 14:00 H 1-1

23/04/2006 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Rangers 12:30 H 0-0

30/04/2006 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Heart of Midlothian 14:00 A 0-3

03/05/2006 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Kilmarnock 19:45 H 2-0

07/05/2006 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Aberdeen 14:00 A 2-2

Season 2006/2007 fixtures irl:

22/04/2007 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Kilmarnock 14:00 A 2-1

29/04/2007 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Heart of Midlothian 14:00 H 1-3

05/05/2007 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Rangers 12:30 A 0-2

12/05/2007 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Aberdeen 15:00 H 2-1

20/05/2007 Bank of Scotland Premierleague Hibernian 14:00 A 1-2

Season 2007/2008 fixtures irl:

19/04/2008 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Aberdeen 15:00 H 1-0

27/04/2008 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Rangers 12:30 H 3-2

03/05/2008 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Motherwell 12:30 A 2-1

11/05/2008 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Hibernian 12:30 H 2-0

22/05/2008 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Dundee United 19:45 A 1-0

But surely you play those top 6 sides home and away?

If you are unlucky you end up playing slightly more away games.

No thats the way it plays out. Look at the fixtures i have post over the past few season laqst 5 games for Celtic for instance.

At the beginning of each season, the Scottish Premier League 'predicts' the likely positions of each club in order to produce a fixture schedule that will ensure the best possible chance of all clubs playing each other twice at home and twice away. These are known as the league seedings and are based on clubs' performance in previous years. [/url]However, should a club predicted to finish in the top six finish in the bottom six, it faces the possibility of playing more games away from home than at home or vice-versa. This, in turn, has a knock-on effect on the top-six with an imbalance of fixtures resulting; for example, one club may play one team three times at home and once away.

Rangers and Celtic always play 4 games against eachother, 1 early in the season, 1 at new year, 1 in february and 1 in the final 5 games.

It always ends up 2 home games and 2 away games.

Obviously the teams may meet more than that if they draw eachother in the cup's though those games will likely take place at Hampden seeing as they shouldnt meet until the Semi's or the Final(s).

Rangers and Celtic always play 4 games against eachother, 1 early in the season, 1 at new year, 1 in february and 1 in the final 5 games.

It always ends up 2 home games and 2 away games.

Obviously the teams may meet more than that if they draw eachother in the cup's though those games will likely take place at Hampden seeing as they shouldnt meet until the Semi's or the Final(s).

Old firm games are the only ones that play 2 home 2 away against each other usually as long as they both finish in the top six. If they meet say in the 4th round of the scottish cup, Then they will play wherever the team was drawn, So say Rangers were drawn at home then that game will go ahead at Ibrox.

Only way Celtic and Rangers play at Hampden is if it is a Semi Final Or a Final of a domestic cup. They can meet each other at anytime in any round if drawn together in domestic cups.

No but the structure in which the seedings are calculated may have changed in say 3 seasons time in the team the old firm may no longer be 1 & 2 in the seedings...imo this is only a bug if its happened in the first season, or say 10 seasons down the line and the old firm have been 1 or 2 all those then its wrong, need more info?

I've reported this previously, but it never got picked up on by anyone.

My understanding is that every team should play an equal number of home and away games. For any oher teams you play 4 times, the fixtures should be 2 at home, 2 away - but - if the top 6 is different one season to the next (as it would nearly always be) it throws things out and teams end up with an uneven number of games. But, I think that should only affect any teams who finished in the top 6 but weren't 'expected to' or vice versa.

I seem to recall Jimmy Calderwood having a major moan about it a few years back. The system, to be fair to him, is ridiculous anyway.

Either way, in any circumsances at the start of the game - Celtic and Rangers should definitely play each other twice at home and twice away.

This is how the SPL works and this is why sometimes you will play more away than home or vice versa: It isn't a bug it's the way the SPL works.

At the beginning of each season, the Scottish Premier League 'predicts' the likely positions of each club in order to produce a fixture schedule that will ensure the best possible chance of all clubs playing each other twice at home and twice away. These are known as the league seedings and are based on clubs' performance in previous years. However, should a club predicted to finish in the top six finish in the bottom six, it faces the possibility of playing more games away from home than at home or vice-versa. This, in turn, has a knock-on effect on the top-six with an imbalance of fixtures resulting; for example, one club may play one team three times at home and once away.

• 2 weeks later...

They cant include it in game. Because, it is effectively match fixing. The scottish FA will never admit that it is rigged so Celtic and Rangers play equal.... because they would admitting to rigging, which is fraud. If SI was to include that in the game, they cant prove it to be true, and SI would end up getting sued for defamation/libel/slander etc.

It's not rigging if it's clearly set out in the rules of the competition, and it's not done to favour particular teams. Indeed, it's the opposite: it's done to maximize the chance that *no* team will end up being favoured by the draw.

The rules arent set out that way. Its meant to be totally random, the way it is in FM. FM works based on the official rule set. According to those, Celtic and Rangers could play different numbers of home/away fixtures.

Hense forth, it is rigging.

Complete nonsense, to be fair.

It is seeded to try and ensure that all team play equal numbers of home and away games. That is in the rules. It gets messed up if an expected seed does or doesn't finish in the top/bottom 6 as expected.

Kind of like the seeding for any cup competition. That is rigging, but it's within the rules.

Someone must be able to come up with a definitive explanation of how the fixtures are selected - surely the SPL publish it somewhere.

Archived