Another way of Increasing speed of FM?

I just did something which has made my game run much faster. So all those people whose game is struggling try to change your PC theme to Windows Classic. Game certainly runs much quicker for me after that!

You ahve just asked a question in the title of this thread then answered it. :confused:

You would have been better off just putting this into your thread you opened earlier about windowed mode. Glad to see you sorted your problem. :thup:

I just wanted to know does this work for others too or is it just me? And im yet trying to get windowed mode to work which dosnt seem to happen :(. By the way thanks for all the help in the other thread! You been more help than anyone from SI ever been on the windowed topic!

On my old laptop I used to make sure FM.exe was the only running process apart from the system ones. I also changed my settings to 'performance' which made it look like I was running Windows 95. Fortunately, I've just bought a monster PC so I can run the game whilst running dozens of other programs. It is amazing how fast it is now; last year I'd be waiting five or ten minutes for the results of International Friendlies. Now, I wait less than a minute.

Is smartclose anything like alarcity?

whats the size of your monitor mate? Because if it is just a 15" then am sure windowed mode wont work, It will just windowed so you see the task bar at the bottom. If that is the case then try dragging and re-sizing the FM Window from the sides. I saw someone in another thread who had the same problem and it was because they had a 15" monitor. :D

Hey im not sure about the monitor size but i did play all the previous versions in windowed mode. Only this one is causing a pain!

Hmmmmmm. Have you had a look through the known issue's thread? Or had a search through the technical and bugs sections in these forums? You may find the answer as others may have had the same problem.

try this as well:

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Here's another i found:

just press CTRL + F or ALT + ENTER to make it windowed, then just stretch it to suit? Thats what I have done, in Vista.

Archived