board takeover...

always a bad thing?

thoughts please

:D

Not entirely sure what you mean by this :confused:

Having the board taken over is sometimes good sometimes bad, it depends on who takes over

A tycoon, for instance would be good as they pump lotsa cash into the club, whereas a fans group would not be so good as they would not have as much money to spend

My experiences have been good, usually have a nice injection of money. Only worrying thing is when the takeover consortium start saying things like they will appoint somebody else manager if they are successful

My girlfriends Leeds team was taken over by a tycoon the transfer embargo lasted only 6 weeks, the new chairman has added 15k of seats to the ground, built the training and youth facilities to the best they can be and invested £80 million in the club. This season he has given a budget of £101 million for players.

My girlfriends Leeds team was taken over by a tycoon the transfer embargo lasted only 6 weeks, the new chairman has added 15k of seats to the ground, built the training and youth facilities to the best they can be and invested £80 million in the club. This season he has given a budget of £101 million for players.

She's a lucky bint!

When Bates sold up I got Peter Lorrimer and no new cash. Mind you, I was still in Championship whenn it happened.

The most common, especially in lower leagues, is that another board member simply takes over as Chairman and nothing really changes. Whether you get sacked or not depends on that individual, but usually you don't.

That has just happened to me at Alfreton town, and all the new chap has done is borrow £50k from the banks, which has simply been thrown into the black hole of our finances. The repayments should help to cripple the club for about 10 years. Thanks for that, another couple of players I won't be able to afford.

She's a lucky bint!

When Bates sold up I got Peter Lorrimer and no new cash. Mind you, I was still in Championship whenn it happened.

I got Peter "tight-arse" Lorimer take over Leeds too...and it was my first season the prem when I was (quite literally, at times) crying out for cash to stave off relegation.

To add insult to injury, my sponsorship deal was re-negotiated at a whopping £320K per year. (Bug reported)

Balaclava's on lads....where's the nearest bank?

Archived