Going crazy over this: Club's Board taking over and accepting a transfer offer

I have a guy, so good, so great, I transferred him from the deepest corners of South America, trained him and now AC Milan wants him, he has 5 years left in his contract and also an important team player in the age of 25, AC milan makes an offer, not to anger the player I "negogiate" the offer and increase to a straight 70M cash (he is automatically valued 15M now by the computer) AC MILAN makes another offer for 30M and without me accepting it or negogiating it further, my beloved chairman interferes and announces that they have accepted this offer (I dont need this money I have 25M transfer budget in the beginning of summer and already made my transfers i dont even need new players)

now; I have a save game (!) just before AC Milan makes this 30M offer, should I go back to that and set an asking price on players screen for lets say 100M? so that AC Milan does not dare to make that offer at all? what do you guys reckon? basically any tricks to avoid this kind of 'board interferable' offers before they happen?

I know, 30M is a great offer, but I really want to keep him as he is one of the best defenders around and I wanna succeed in champions league this season!

thanks for your time guys

If that's what you wanna do to try to stop him leaving, then that is up to you, you are welcome to play the game however you see fit

Some people would say this is "cheating" but at the end of the day, it is your choice, personally, I would take the money as there are always more players out there that can replace people leaving your team

guys I agree, but is there a way to stop this happening, a player pricing strategy that I can implement for future reference! please I swear I wont do nothing with this guy please please please

Woah, chill your boots a little man, to be perfectly honest, I expect that none of us really care what you do with this guy, but there aint a lot that you can do to stop this happening, if a club makes a bid the board like the look of, they will accept it, happens IRL too, like tomtuck01 said you gotta accept that

What I usually try to do when signing promising players, is to add ridiculously high "minimum release clauses" to their contract, i.e. 150 - 250 MEURO. Don't have any empiric evidence that this works but so far nobody has been sold over my head...

guys I agree, but is there a way to stop this happening, a player pricing strategy that I can implement for future reference! please I swear I wont do nothing with this guy please please please

Might setting a minimum release fee of 100m work? Or will the chairman still accept an offer that they deem high enough?

I know how you feel; I lost C. ronaldo to Real Madrid because of this, albeit with a truckload of cash coming my way and it was actually kind've realistic that the board refused to let the offer slip by. Personally, I hate it but I wouldn't want to change it since I see it as a realistic occurrence that forces me to scout for a replacement (which I enjoy). The only way to prevent this would be to download FMM (if there is one for 09 yet, I'm not sure) and edit your chairman's attribute that corresponds to this. I can't remember it off the top of my head but it should be fairly obvious

Set his asking price to 0 then reject all offers. The board won't accept any offers for 0.

This is the only way I've found to stop it.

not to anger the player I "negogiate" the offer and increase to a straight 70M cash (he is automatically valued 15M now by the computer)

Just to correct something from the orginal post, this does not stop players getting annoyed. If they want to go, then re-negotiating to a fee that isn't accepted is as bad as rejecting the offer. If a player doesn't get unhappy when you renegotiate, he wouldn't have gotten unhappy had you rejected.

you can cancel the transfer to to your transfer center and click reject on his offer that the board accepted ive done it a couple of times. only risk is player might get upset that ur nto allowing him to leave but they get over it

'If you want to stop your board accepting offers set the player asking price to 0 and tick reject all offers.'

This may work but obviously it is a minor bug for FM. I think it is fair and expected if your chairman jumps on the offer that big regardless to your future plans. This is part of the challenge if you start a career with a smaller team. I think if you go around it, it is kind of cheating. Better take the money and go look for new talents and fortunately with extra 25 million in the pocket you do not need to get someone from nowhere again.

i had this on fm 08. signed van der vaart for everton. was an absolute superstar, lots of clubs interested at the end of the season. however the chairman accepts a measley 15 million pounds for him. these things happen. i then signed arshavin and husev, which wasnt too bad.

The only way to prevent this would be to download FMM (if there is one for 09 yet, I'm not sure) and edit your chairman's attribute that corresponds to this. I can't remember it off the top of my head but it should be fairly obvious

Tried this, but whatever i edited it didn't stop the chairman from accepting bids. That was on FM2007 though.

Now If i really wanna keep a player i offer him a much larger contract and if he still signs a contract with the other club because that other club has a higher rep, then so be it.

There are of course other things you can do to prevent your player from leaving, but these involve changing the balance of the game:

Download FMRTE and...

- lower the player's reputation

- increase Galatasaray's reputation so that it's higher than Milan's, maybe also increase the rep of the Turkish Premier Div

- lower Milan's transfer budget so that they don't have enough money to bid for your player (this will only be a temporary measure though and you'd have to do it for every club of which the offer has been accepted by the chairman).

-

It happens and sometimes it's really bad. in FM08, with sporting (6 titles in a row and last 2CL) i had a good RB, and suddenly real madrid bid 15M and the board accepts. ok it was not the first time they did that because they sold Henri saivet for 40M (also to real), but 15M was way too low. and it was december, so i had to look for an equal RB who hasn't yet played in europe that season. just too much trouble so i resigned and took real sociedad who had tumbled to 3th division. 8 years later i beated sporting CP in the CL. revenge is sweet

Just to say, you'll have to live with it or try somewhere else. because Real sociedad never accepted a bid above my head, and my contract is renewed every year, while t runs for two years. sporting always renewed on the end of the season when my contract expired.

you have to decide what is the most important to you. the club you are building up or being able to do your job without interfering

If you set the asking price (on player profile) to the max (63M Euros, I believe) it seems to stop offers from being made. I've noticed, if there's some club interested on a certain player (but no offer made yet) and I do this, after a little while their interest will disappear.

This has worked for me but not sure it will work for you, because the gamesave you have might be too near the moment Milan's offer will be formulated. But worth a try, I suppose.

Appart from that, the suggestion to offer a better contract to the player is also one that do work. But only if he prefers your contract offer...

Best is always to reject the offer if you're really not interested. As an alternative, when you see an offer being made and you're worried that it might upset your player, don't do anything and offer him a new contract straight away. Hopefully he will accept and you should then be able to safely reject the other club's offer.

Great feedback guys,

Zapetero thanks again as usual.

you are right about the AC milan offer being generated. but the offer happens so sudden AC Milan doesnt even show up on 'interested clubs' before the initial order is made. so you reckon when AC Milan does its initial normal offer (the one where chairman doesn't interfere) I offer David a new contract and extend 1 more year (I already have him another 4 years prior to the offer) and that would stop chairman interfering if a second 30M offer is made,

I will also set an asking price as high as possible this time

Thank you I will be printing out this thread for future reference.

This game is amazing, I think I am gonna waste one more weekend of my life!!!

I think in future additons this should be an option if the board sells players so you can get the fans backlash

I agree with this. Also, this is one event where the ultimatum option should be available in order to try to block it.

Do the fans have any opinion of the board in the game at the moment? If not then perhaps they should as it can be an influencing factor in real life.

The only way I can think of reducing this happening (I don't think you can stop it completely) would be to use a save game editor and alter the chairmans stats so that he interferes less. You can do the same with the editor that comes with the game but you would have to start a new game for this to be effective. As has been suggested you can offer a new contract and 9 times out of 10 the player will accept this. When offering this contract put in a rediculous minimum release fee (something like 150m) and setting his asking price to this should also help.

The only way I can think of reducing this happening (I don't think you can stop it completely) would be to use a save game editor and alter the chairmans stats so that he interferes less. You can do the same with the editor that comes with the game but you would have to start a new game for this to be effective. As has been suggested you can offer a new contract and 9 times out of 10 the player will accept this. When offering this contract put in a rediculous minimum release fee (something like 150m) and setting his asking price to this should also help.

Better still............get rid of him!!

In this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=83819 it shows you how to force a takeover at your club.

As you're already into your game and if you have FMRTE then read page 3 and it's really easy to force him out and maybe you'll have a rich tycoon takeover? ;)

when you don't make a transfer, and spend all of your transfer budget (I had 30M available, I think I will only spend 5M in total the whole season)

Does the remainder add up as profits to the upcoming season?

I would especially like to see that savings adds up to expand my wage budget limitations

You have got to realise that the transfer budget is not actual money in the game. It is just how much the board allow you to spend on players. Your balance is how much money you have.

So if you had a transfer budget of 30m and only spent 5m, it just means that the board allowed you to spend 30m out of the clubs bank balance and you only spent 5m.

Hope that helps.

Might setting a minimum release fee of 100m work? Or will the chairman still accept an offer that they deem high enough?

Leaving aside editors, exploits and cheats, to answer this point - it shouldn't make a difference. When I want a player who has a massive min rel fee I offer what I think is a fair price and occasionally the board intervenes and accepts my offer. Logically therefore, the same should happen to the human manager.

On one of my fm08 games, as man utd, my board accepted offers of 17 and 21 million pounds respectavly for ronaldo and dani alves, i was fed up, so i resigned, and got offered a job at arsenal, and led them to success:D.That is unrealstic though, accepting 17m for ronny

Better still............get rid of him!!

In this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=83819 it shows you how to force a takeover at your club.

As you're already into your game and if you have FMRTE then read page 3 and it's really easy to force him out and maybe you'll have a rich tycoon takeover? ;)

if you're faking a takeover why not just edit a chairman's stats so he isn't a willy?

you are right about the AC milan offer being generated. but the offer happens so sudden AC Milan doesnt even show up on 'interested clubs' before the initial order is made. so you reckon when AC Milan does its initial normal offer (the one where chairman doesn't interfere) I offer David a new contract and extend 1 more year (I already have him another 4 years prior to the offer) and that would stop chairman interfering if a second 30M offer is made,

No, not exactly. The idea is for you to offer him a new contract but leave the first offer open (don't do anything with it). After your player accepts your contract offer then you will go and just reject the other club's offer. Normally, since he's happy with the new contract he'll not become angry that you rejected the other club's approach.

Recently my board at Blackburn accepted a 5.25M offer for Emerton saying it was "too good to turn down" :| this is only in my second season, our finances were fine, and even though Emerton wasn't a regular in my team I wanted to keep him as back up or at least sell him for a decent price! I'd like for there to be an option to issue an ultimatum in situations like this, where you threaten to quit if the board sell the player.

On the other hand, if it's anything like the other ultimatum button, I might as well just resign :D

Archived