Total Football

Is it possible to create a team that plays total football. i was watchign some program on the ajax team that created this and it got me thinking if its possible on fm. im thinking of trying it but wanna no if any one has tried it or has any tips. i figured creative freedom should be high for everyplay and i would have to use swap positions in order to create this while finding players that can play all over. i dont just want left wing swapping with right wing or left wing with left back i want a challange of trying to get my centerback to play wing and my striker to be able to defend etc etc. Is this possible???????????????

Is it possible to create a team that plays total football. i was watchign some program on the ajax team that created this and it got me thinking if its possible on fm. im thinking of trying it but wanna no if any one has tried it or has any tips. i figured creative freedom should be high for everyplay and i would have to use swap positions in order to create this while finding players that can play all over. i dont just want left wing swapping with right wing or left wing with left back i want a challange of trying to get my centerback to play wing and my striker to be able to defend etc etc. Is this possible???????????????

Actually Rinus Michels is the founder and architect of Total football, he implemented this on Ajax Amsterdam and later the Dutch team.

For the tac to be successfull on FM is a long standing wish for me.

Fwiw, the fact that you can only tell a player to swap positions with one other player on the pitch I think would make the concept of 'total football' pretty much impossible to recreate in fm at the mo.

However I suppose If u could get Dc's and Dm/Mc's who play in each other's positions to be swapping, FB and L/RM swapping and CM's who can play up front swapping with strikers who can play MC/AMC, creative freedom set very high with slow/medium tempo and short passing, you might be able to get pretty close to it. I reckon for the above to be anything like effective you'd probably need to sign the ten best Brazillian outfield players in the game and a VERY good goalkeeper.

Update: To the op..I just tried the tactic I mentioned in my post to see what would happen, I won 1-0 at home in the CL against a much weaker team, however i did create 6 ccc's, if you want to have a go with my tactic pm me and I'll upload it in the tactics forum for u:thup:

Archived