FM 2009 goes slow on my pc, please help? asap?

I have got FM 2009, but it is quite slow.

I have defragged my computer, and done alot of other computer related things to spead it up, but i cnt get anything to help.

My laptop which i play it on is :

Advent

Processor: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 450@ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

Memory (RAM): 894 MB

32-bit operating system

And i have got 49.2GB left space from 87.7GB

Please help

Thanks

Yeah more RAM is essential as technically your lucky your game runs at all as 1GB is the minimum requirement for Vista. RAM is quite cheap. Maybe ftg87 can fill you in more. :D

Woohoo! I love telling people to buy more RAM! :D

1st port of call should be crucial and do their scan, it should tell you how much RAM you need and a cost, like jod says, it aint expensive

how much ram would you say i need so that it plays fast, and i can get through a season in a day or less etc, or well as quick as possible? atm ive played 15 hours and just got to end of season. thanks

I would say you need at least 1.5 to 2 gigs, I currently have 1.5 gig and it takes very little time to load things, and my processor is worse than yours so you should see a big improvement with that sort of amount

lol sorry im still confused. To put it in simple terms, what size ram would you say i should go buy 2mra? how much wil it cost? where is cheapest to get it from?

thanks again

You have 894MB so you need around another GB probably to run the game much faster but just to meet the minimum requirements you need 130MB.

It depends on the type of RAM you need and that depends on the model of your laptop. Did you try going to that link ftg87 posted. That will let you know. :thup:

You have 894MB so you need around another GB probably to run the game much faster but just to meet the minimum requirements you need 130MB.

It depends on the type of RAM you need and that depends on the model of your laptop. Did you try going to that link ftg87 posted. That will let you know. :thup:

That made more sense than the essay I just typed :D

o ok thanks, think i will buy 1gb tomorow? how do i fit it in, or install it? sorry, lol but by looking at it, do i have to take apart my laptop to get the new ram in? will it effect any programes for the worse, as in not let me run any, or delete any? or is it just going to imporve my fm experience :) lol

That made more sense than the essay I just typed :D

I'm glad it did. :D

o ok thanks, think i will buy 1gb tomorow? how do i fit it in, or install it? sorry, lol but by looking at it, do i have to take apart my laptop to get the new ram in? will it effect any programes for the worse, as in not let me run any, or delete any? or is it just going to imporve my fm experience :) lol

Yeah you have to open up you laptop to put install it and it should not affect any programs for the worse. It will make your FM experience better and also your laptop in general. :thup:

EDIT: Yeah you need specific RAM. What model laptop do you have?

That link is for macs, presumably that won't work with a PC,

I think you should follow this link penkwolf

I thought he said he had a mac. Maybe I am getting mixed up with the other thread the 2 of us were in. :D

I just reread it. You have Vista. Sorry about that. :o

Go to start->control panel->system and you will see your model number. What is that?

It's nice to see even the best of us get confused from time to time :p

You regard me as the best? :D

Penkwolf, what do you see on the screen when you double click on the system icon?

Does it not have your Windows edition at the top of the screen and then system information in the next section?

did that scan, it sed this:

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 1048576 MB

* Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB

* Available Memory Slots: 1

* Number of Banks: 2

* Dual Channel Support: N.A.

* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

* CPU Family: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 450 @ 2.00GHz Model 14, Stepping 12

* CPU Speed: 1999 MHz

You regard me as the best? :D

Nah, I think you're a complete muppet really, but I was always told to be nice to people :p

im so confused

Have you looked at the results of the crucial scan that tells you what you can buy from them to upgrade your memory?

Isn't that a contradiction then? :p

Very much so, but I was also told to be honest, however, saying that I think you are the best was a blatant lie, so that one's out the window too :confused:

Told you even the best of us could get confused :D

i have looked, but it jst gives you the details i have posted above

Ok, have you managed to find your pc model number?

If not, what do you see on the screen when you double click on the system icon that I speicifed above in the control panel?

Does it not have your Windows edition at the top of the screen and then system information in the next section?

Very much so, but I was also told to be honest, however, saying that I think you are the best was a blatant lie, so that one's out the window too :confused:

Told you even the best of us could get confused :D

Yeah, even by themselves. :D

• 9 months later...

Archived