Extended highlights - Am I being paranoid?

(not a moan)...

Something I've noticed in virtually every FM I've played, never brought it up till now. Apologies if this has been discussed before, but a keyword search didn't yield anything.

Has anyone noticed that when holding a one-goal lead (or hanging on for a draw) towards the end of the match, in highlight mode, the last few minutes always drag on and are played in full, regardless of there being any actual "highlights"? It's certainly not good for the old ticker, although I've calmed down a bit of late realising that the match being shown DOESN'T necessarily mean that a team is going to have a goal scoring opportunity.

Strangely enough, when one of us is out of sight, or when the other team is winning (even if just by one goal), the last few minutes will just zap by until the end, unless of course there is actually some highlights that would have been shown anyway.

Seriously...am I getting paranoid and imagining these things? Or is it a deliberate ploy by SI to keep us on the edge of our seats right till the end of a close game? If so, it works, you bastards ;):p

Yes i have always wondered about this also...is it true then, that the game is coded this way, or was that comment a joke!?!

It certainly works in terms of adding to the stress levels....and the time goes on and on and on....3 mins injury time and they are still playing at 94 mins and 25 secs.....

just makes you love the game even more!

In fairness if you were 1 nil down isn't it the last 5-10 minutes that you go all out to an equalizing draw.

Have look at some of current FA cup matches, loads of action in the last 10 minutes inthe above circumstances

The worst part for me is that it because they are extended it shows just how badly my team gets outplayed in the final minutes when the AI does their all out attack bombardment. I'd love for the extended highlights to be them pushing players forward and abandoning the midfield, then watching as my suddenly unmarked midfielders punish them by dominating possession and grabbing the insurance goal to finish them off.

Yes this is indeed intentional and will probably give me a heart attack by the time I'm 30.

Im 44 and my other half says, based on my swearing, that it could be a possibility for me :D

However being an FM (and CM) veteran since the first release I think my heart is very resilient ;)

And when you score late in the game to take the lead and the commentary says 'thats surely the winner' you know it wasn't and you are gonna concede :(

It annoys me when it says this at around 78 mins

theres about 15 mins left- not enough time for another goal then ?? lol

Archived