Why does the press ask if I will rest players on important match-days?

Seriously.

I'm in my Man Utd game atm my fixture list was West Brom away followed three days later by Barca at home. I used half my reserve team on the West brom game because I feel the Barca game has higher priority than the West Brom game.

Then on the pre match game press conference, a reporter actually manages to ask me if I will rotate the team to allow my more important players some rest! wtf!? I will of course PLAY my more important players on against a team like Barca, not save them for a less important leage game, 4 days away...

Why can't I tell the reporter off, for being incompetent? We really should be able to do this, when the questions asked are so f*cked up!

My next league match is four days from this one, and it's against everton.. It's in the middle of the season, so I wouldn't call it important.

edit: I DID consider storming out, but it was the first question of the conference, so I felt it was a bit crude.. :p

In my experience, reporters always ask the obvious questions in real life, so this is actually quite realistic.

But as someone else said, you do have the option of storming out... However I do agree that it could be a nice option to target that specific reporter saying to him that he should just keep his mouth shut unless something intelligent comes out of it. That could also add to manager/reporter relationship in the game, putting him on your disliked list or something similar.

Archived