Selecting a feeder club

Just wondering if anyone has had any success selecting a feeder club. I'm in my 4th season now so for the first time the board said I could select my own feeder club for work permit issues. I went straight to the Dutch league and selected Vitesse, thinking as they are just an average team in the Dutch league I could send players there who can't get a permit and they will play regularly for them, but they declined.

Has anyone had success selecting their own feeder club and if so, what team was it?

Lol probably best to stick to selecting "any type" for now then and hope a Dutch feeder club comes up. It gets annoying sending players out for 4 years as by those 4 years the players are nowhere near good enough for your team as you have progressed and improved within them 4 years, so you just end up selling the player!

I really hope they fix this and the complete constipated mess that is the transfer/loan system in 9.3 or I'll pop my hood .. :mad:

I'm still on 9.1,is 9.2 any good? Is it much improved? I am planning on finishing my current seasona dn then start a new season with 9.2? I as well hope they sort this out in 9.3!

i got to pick my own feeder for madrid. so i went for hibs "scot prem" & thay rejected me so i went for inverness & thay said yes.

it all comes down to wether the club in question thinks its to big to be a feeder club, in the case of hibs there policy is

"the chairman at hibs thinks the club should not be a feeder team & wont discus it"?

clubs like "aberdeen, hearts, hibs, birningham, man-city, villa," even some 1division clubs will see them selfs as big teams so will not want to be a feeder.

i did however have west brom as a feeder & i sent then 4 of my wonderkids & thay all played every match for them (in the premiership :) ) so that was cool, untill i got a mesage at the begining of this season saying

"the west brom board have decided to cancel the link between madrid as the board ffeel that its not in there best intrest as as a top club" - or something like that? = meaning that thay have grown in stature.

I seen to get feeder clubs with no problem. As Inverness, scottish prem, I got a link with montrose, forfar and elgin with no difficulties. It is just a case of the club seeing itslef as a smaller one than your team. You're best to go for a low club that has potential for long term gain.

i got to pick my own feeder for madrid. so i went for hibs "scot prem" & thay rejected me so i went for inverness & thay said yes.

When you suggest a club and they reject it, do you get a chance to suggest another one straight away or do you have to wait a few months to ask again?

When you suggest a club and they reject it, do you get a chance to suggest another one straight away or do you have to wait a few months to ask again?

you need to wait.

it turns out you get about 2 chances every season.

but if your lucky & get 1 in befor the end of season summary comes up i think you get another shot, atleast it worked for me about 3 times :)

I've only had success with this once. I selected Plymouth as a feeder club for Newcastle. Every other time though has failed, even to a Scottish first division club who had no other parent club. It wouldn't be so bad if you got to select another one straight afterwards if they reject.

I have had success with this, but only once. Playing as the New York Red Bulls in MLS, I picked Seattle as my feeder club. I then tried various top clubs in China, Japan, and South Korea but none of them worked. Probably because I was aiming too high, though.

Archived