+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 46 of 46

Thread: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd October 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    132

    Exclamation World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    2010-2011 season, I decide to have a glance at the transfer list. I look at the players at the top of the list and see an insane 21 year old at Real Madrid that I've never heard of, with a generated face. "Man, how did I miss this guy!" I wondered, so I look at his history only to see he didn't even seem to exist before this season, and Real Madrid got him for free!

    I feel that this has somewhat ruined my game, or makes it feel weird at least. I wouldn't mind him being generated as an insane youngster and eventually turning 21, but being generated at this age seems odd. Has this happened in anyone else's game? Just a freak occurence?

  2. #2
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    28th December 2007
    Posts
    1,793

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Regens from inactive leagues are generated at an older age than those from active leagues - I'd only guess it's to ensure you don't steal their best teenagers, but I'm not totally sure.

    After being generated, Real Madrid have noticed it and picked him up.

    Anybody care to clarify this?

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th May 2008
    Location
    Zola Park! :p
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    It's called a regen. After a while, regens are generated by the computer.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd October 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    It's called a regen. After a while, regens are generated by the computer.
    I know what a regen is, but they're supposed to appear as youngsters when another player retires. This player is a "FRED" as SI call them, which can be generated by the engine at any time. I've just never seen a FRED generate so old with such good atts.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th April 2008
    Location
    Array Access Out of Bounds
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    They made it so in this version, more wonderkids come up with immense stats than before. You only had them once in a blue moon before, now they show up a bit more frequently. (Players such as Messi for example.)

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th October 2007
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    LOL
    I see youve made a bid for him, did you finally bought him?

  7. #7
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    23rd November 2008
    Location
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football
    Posts
    5,238

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    did you get him

  8. #8
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th April 2007
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    ViperK1 explained it in his first sentence about inactive leagues having older players just popping up. Theres basically no way to stop this unless you scout all the time but even then its hard. Theres another post on the same topic where someone has looked into it a bit further. Its annoying but you cant always get the wonderkids.

  9. #9
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Also it does happen in real life, players get missed and just end up playing for their local pub team, only to be picked up at a later date! Nigel Martyn was one and Kevin Phillipis another, there are some others about.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    20th November 2004
    Location
    Crawley Town Researcher (don't judge)
    Posts
    10,151

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedMan View Post
    I know what a regen is, but they're supposed to appear as youngsters when another player retires. This player is a "FRED" as SI call them, which can be generated by the engine at any time. I've just never seen a FRED generate so old with such good atts.
    No, newgens don't appear when another player retires - that was the old system. Newgens have no correlation with retired players.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Regen's from active leagues pops in the game at the age of 14-15 usually.
    Regen's from inactive leagues pops in the game at the age of 19-21 usually.

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd October 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    No I didn't get him. He had no desire to join and I couldn't afford his wages anyway. Nobody else seems to be interested so maybe next season....

    And no disrespect to Kevin Phillips et al, but this guy is just a bit better!

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th November 2005
    Posts
    690

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    I've noticed this before but never bothered me, I just assume that the player has come through the youth team in an inactive league and so would only appear when he becomes good enough to play in the first team. I'd rather have itthis way , popping up at 19/20 years of age and decent than have the DB saturated with sub standard youth player from the lesser nations.

  14. #14
    Reserves
    Join Date
    14th March 2004
    Location
    Phnom Penh!
    Posts
    10,375

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulpain View Post
    Regen's from active leagues pops in the game at the age of 14-15 usually.
    Regen's from inactive leagues pops in the game at the age of 19-21 usually.
    Not many 14 or even 15-year olds; most regen kids start aged 16 or 17.

    Regarding the latter, do they still appear on the same date that regens appear when the league is active, or can they pop up at any time?

  15. #15
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    14th September 2005
    Location
    Søborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,211

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Not many 14 or even 15-year olds; most regen kids start aged 16 or 17.

    Regarding the latter, do they still appear on the same date that regens appear when the league is active, or can they pop up at any time?
    Same date

  16. #16
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Not many 14 or even 15-year olds; most regen kids start aged 16 or 17.

    Regarding the latter, do they still appear on the same date that regens appear when the league is active, or can they pop up at any time?
    In Brazil they appear in the game at the age of 14-15.



    As far as i know all regen's appear it a specific times all depend on what league they play in but i could be wrong.

    Brazilian regen's appear at 1st January every season. (same month the state championship starts)
    Last edited by Zoulpain; 01-01-2009 at 14:54.

  17. #17
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Posts
    4,127

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    yeah, this is ludicrous and in my opinion constitutes as AI cheating basically

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84121

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th April 2008
    Location
    Array Access Out of Bounds
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Haha! What are you talking about, if you had your scouts watching places you would pick these guys up as well. The AI have no advantage in this department, they cannot see anything extra that you can't.

  19. #19
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Posts
    4,127

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    please. noone can keep an eye on the entire GAME WORLD to find where these guys randomly appear already made into heroic ability levels. and that's without getting into the finances of it; no way should they be going for 0.

  20. #20
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd December 2008
    Location
    Cahill Country
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedMan View Post
    2010-2011 season, I decide to have a glance at the transfer list. I look at the players at the top of the list and see an insane 21 year old at Real Madrid that I've never heard of, with a generated face. "Man, how did I miss this guy!" I wondered, so I look at his history only to see he didn't even seem to exist before this season, and Real Madrid got him for free!

    I feel that this has somewhat ruined my game, or makes it feel weird at least. I wouldn't mind him being generated as an insane youngster and eventually turning 21, but being generated at this age seems odd. Has this happened in anyone else's game? Just a freak occurence?
    Wow, have Hungary ever produced a player of that quality ever???

  21. #21

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    *cough* Ferenc Puskas...

  22. #22

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    *cough* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Team

    Silly question really.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th November 2008
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    double post.

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th November 2008
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw640 View Post
    Haha! What are you talking about, if you had your scouts watching places you would pick these guys up as well. The AI have no advantage in this department, they cannot see anything extra that you can't.

    That is not strictly true is it? do you really think that the AI uses scouts, that it cannot see hidden stats? Of course it can, it wouldn't suprise me one bit of a new player was made that all the AI teams immediatly knew about them. Scouting is not a done thing for AI teams. I thought most people would realise this.

  25. #25
    Reserves
    Join Date
    21st June 2005
    Location
    At work mostly.
    Posts
    11,287

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamjerome View Post
    yeah, this is ludicrous and in my opinion constitutes as AI cheating basically

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84121
    What a load of rubbish. I've already had a player like this generated in my youth team so how can it possibly constitute the AI cheating?

    It has been a problem in previous games that wonderkid regens were non existant. If you played a long term game in FM08 then you would get to the point where there were no good players younger than about 24. There were plenty of players with high PA, but they all started off with such low CA that it took a long time for them to develop to the point where they could play in the first team squad of a top class team.

    I for one am glad to see this is no longer the case and that you can now get wonderkids appearing in the game from time to time.

  26. #26
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Posts
    4,127

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper99 View Post
    What a load of rubbish. I've already had a player like this generated in my youth team so how can it possibly constitute the AI cheating?

    It has been a problem in previous games that wonderkid regens were non existant. If you played a long term game in FM08 then you would get to the point where there were no good players younger than about 24. There were plenty of players with high PA, but they all started off with such low CA that it took a long time for them to develop to the point where they could play in the first team squad of a top class team.

    I for one am glad to see this is no longer the case and that you can now get wonderkids appearing in the game from time to time.
    you either completely missed my point or you're making that up. did you get a 18-21 rege automatically generated into your youth team that had a high CA for free and was 'automagically' valued high in terms of £? if so, then you too are benefitting from something that simply should not happen

    if you mean you got a wonderkid in terms of high PA generated into your youth team, that is fine. by all means hurrah!

    but, the fact that AI teams 'automatically' are aware of, and get a hold of players with a high CA and even higher PA within a month of their existence in the game for FREE is CHEATING. because why would the players original teams let the players go for free when they are obviously world class? is that realistic?

    i hope i don't need to point out the simple extension of the problem here linked to the existence of the bojan bugs with AI teams letting their talent go for free, again.

  27. #27
    Reserves
    Join Date
    21st June 2005
    Location
    At work mostly.
    Posts
    11,287

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamjerome View Post
    you either completely missed my point or you're making that up. did you get a 18-21 rege automatically generated into your youth team that had a high CA for free and was 'automagically' valued high in terms of £? if so, then you too are benefitting from something that simply should not happen

    if you mean you got a wonderkid in terms of high PA generated into your youth team, that is fine. by all means hurrah!

    but, the fact that AI teams 'automatically' are aware of, and get a hold of players with a high CA and even higher PA within a month of their existence in the game for FREE is CHEATING. because why would the players original teams let the players go for free when they are obviously world class? is that realistic?

    i hope i don't need to point out the simple extension of the problem here linked to the existence of the bojan bugs with AI teams letting their talent go for free, again.
    I'm sorry I may have mistook your point and assumed you were referring to the fact that regens being generated with high CA's is cheating rather than the fact that they are released on a free by their clubs. That you're correct about, it is a bug (it's still not the same as the AI being programmed to cheat as you suggest though, it's simply a bug).

    So in conclusion, some high CA regens are perfectly acceptable and needed to keep the game realistic in the long term. However, these players should not be simply released by clubs for no reason. I don't have a problem with the big clubs spotting these talented players though, most big clubs have extensive scouting networks in real life and generally do spot extremely talented youngsters early on.

  28. #28
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th September 2004
    Location
    Hillingdon
    Posts
    1,563

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Actually, I don't think the problem is they get them for free per se. I think this is an extension of the Bojan thing: teams just releasing these wonderkids on free transfers. Snapped up a great young Irish goalkeeper for Rotherham this way.

  29. #29
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Posts
    4,127

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper99 View Post
    I'm sorry I may have mistook your point and assumed you were referring to the fact that regens being generated with high CA's is cheating rather than the fact that they are released on a free by their clubs. That you're correct about, it is a bug (it's still not the same as the AI being programmed to cheat as you suggest though, it's simply a bug).

    So in conclusion, some high CA regens are perfectly acceptable and needed to keep the game realistic in the long term. However, these players should not be simply released by clubs for no reason. I don't have a problem with the big clubs spotting these talented players though, most big clubs have extensive scouting networks in real life and generally do spot extremely talented youngsters early on.
    sorry, i've been in a sensationalist mood recently. i don't really have that much of a gripe with the 'spotting' them aspect either, infact thinking over it, it's probably a good thing because in previous FMs i'd find long term games essentially pointless because AI would never assemble a squad half as good as mine so an improved scouting / transfer / squad composition ability for them would be nice.

  30. #30
    Reserves
    Join Date
    21st June 2005
    Location
    At work mostly.
    Posts
    11,287

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamjerome View Post
    sorry, i've been in a sensationalist mood recently. i don't really have that much of a gripe with the 'spotting' them aspect either, infact thinking over it, it's probably a good thing because in previous FMs i'd find long term games essentially pointless because AI would never assemble a squad half as good as mine so an improved scouting / transfer / squad composition ability for them would be nice.
    That makes two of us then

    That's a good point actually, AI teams actually picking up useful young players is a nice change from '08. As you said though, these players should never just be released on a free for no apparent reason. If they're not picked up they will simply retire and we'll be back to having no high CA regens

  31. #31
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Posts
    4,127

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    this bug with regens in non-playable leagues is more perplexing than already existing wonderkid types in my opinion, because i can see how the bojan / wilshere bug could possibly happen / be fixed, in that perhaps teams only value CA and don't take PA into account? and if they aren't in the first x options for their position, they are released, or something. of course why a team would let bojan go of his 4 year high paying contract i don't know, and how anyone could design such a thing and completely ignore PA wouldn't make sense either, so perhaps it's not that simple. with the regens though, they are obviously all by far the best player in their respective clubs so teams letting them free is utterly bizarre.

    really don't want to wait til february/march to carry on my game

  32. #32
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th January 2003
    Posts
    492

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    The OP has probably never played FM2006. The exact same thing happened. Inactive leagues produced regens with a CA of 160+ at the age of 20, but only sporadically. In FM2007/FM2008 inactively leagues produced regens aged 20 as well, but their CA was never better than 110 or so. By consequence they never reached their PA. After a while there was an inbalance, cause national teams from inactive leagues were usually a lot weaker.

    In real life it can happen too that a superstar can come out of nowhere (if they play in a rather low-profile league).

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    4th November 2007
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    yes him going for free = bojan bug

    however, even if they did put a price tag on him, i dont think they'd put a massive tag on him cos they're not a massive club and prob need cash :/

  34. #34
    International Squad
    Join Date
    30th January 2002
    Location
    www.otf2.com Sunderland
    Posts
    32,736

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Yeah I actually agree with the maniac.



    Appeared on my game in January 2008 (I started in Brazil) and immediately went on a free to Villa. Not sure how anyone could justify that happening really.

  35. #35
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2007
    Posts
    855

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    I use a scout at the start of every transfer window/when i get new youngsters in to see if there are any insane players being generated. Playing with Rushden in league 1 at the moment so naturally I dont have a chance at signing them and thus use the tool to just let me see what sort of players are out there who I should keep an eye on should I make it to higher leagues. But so far after 2 1/2 seasons, I've not found a single player like this. They're all 16/17 and have average stats for kids. They'll no doubt grow into world beaters but never seen a player who was generated with killer attributes. Had one Korean player who turned up at 23 with 180 PA but he had a CA of 90, bit low for a 23yr old lol.

  36. #36
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th November 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    I'm sorry but it doesn't happen in real life. Yes there are players that can develop late, and only get found out by the time they are 20-21 years of age and go on to be genuine quality players.

    But these are young adults with unbelievable stats. They already have world class stats, likely with the ability to become legendary players. In the current day and age of worldwide scouting networks someone with that kind of ability WILL get found by the time they are 16-18, I don't care where they come from (and if they come from an extremely remote footballing country I doubt that countries ability to produce and train players of that quality). To be that good with those kind of stats, there is no way known they would last that long in their respective leagues without a lot of attention from big clubs with extensive scout networks.

    It might have happened 25 years ago, but not today.

  37. #37
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2008
    Location
    Howden, East Yorkshire
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    The stats do not bother me - Messi was awesome by the time he was 18...Rooney was pretty darn good too...and Cristiano Ronaldo...

    I have not seen the "Bojan bug" for quite a while but based on the comments it obviously exists...hope that, once fixed, that will sort peoples anxieties out.

    Personally, I set my scouts to scout regions and that seems to work ok...and at present they never seem to return which is fine too...but I've not come across any "superwonderkids" yet.

  38. #38
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th November 2004
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    I can't quite see what the OP is complaing about. Eventually most teams will have god like players with amazing stats. The quality of football would be amazing!

  39. #39
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th January 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    297

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I can't quite see what the OP is complaing about.
    He's complaining that it's not realistic for a 20 or 21-year old superplayer suddenly to appear and go to a club for free. The problem is the underlined text.

  40. #40
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    14th September 2005
    Location
    Søborg, Denmark
    Posts
    2,211

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by zapatero View Post
    He's complaining that it's not realistic for a 20 or 21-year old superplayer suddenly to appear and go to a club for free. The problem is the underlined text.
    Isn't it because they are generated without a contract (because they're too old to be generated with a youth contract) and then they immediately think they're too good for the club and leave?

  41. #41
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    4th October 2008
    Posts
    4,127

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    that is what is happening but that is what SHOULDN'T be happening, hence the issue.

  42. #42
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    2nd May 2003
    Location
    XBL: It Cheeballs
    Posts
    4,281

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    What is the best way to find good youngsters from a young age in the game?

  43. #43
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th June 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?



    same thing here.

    appeared aged 20, went to galatasaray on a free from some saudi club and then inter bought him for about £8m.

    its strange how these superwonderkids just appear. it obv does happen sometimes but this has to be more of a coincidence

  44. #44
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Location
    Despite the unrelated username, i'm generally in the Stadium of Light watching the lads
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedMan View Post
    No I didn't get him. He had no desire to join and I couldn't afford his wages anyway. Nobody else seems to be interested so maybe next season....

    And no disrespect to Kevin Phillips et al, but this guy is just a bit better!
    when this guy scores 30 league goals in a season and wins the european golden boot then he consider himself in roughly the same stratosphere as the only englishman ever to win the award, kevin phillips.

  45. #45
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    7th March 2006
    Location
    UK, England, Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    2,495

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    there was a massive experiment based on long term games and the amount of world class or player's with a high PA appearing and it was low, to keep the game stable i think we need more world class regenerated freds coming threw. may be one day they can make regen Margrets too too

  46. #46
    Third Team
    Join Date
    29th April 2003
    Location
    Feels he should be in the game
    Posts
    6,997

    Default Re: World Class player appears out of nowhere...?

    On a different note, may I assume that all these insanely good players also have many secondary positions which are not as good?

    Otherwise this thread is just another example that footedness is overrated...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts