How many goals does your foward(s) get a season?

I just won the league and my top scorer was my FC with 11 in 24 starts. That's very realistic in my opinion!

My other (strong) striker scored 6 in 21.

My wingers and defenders (from set pieces) got the rest.

I only got 1 long shot goal all season too. :)

Maybe it is to do with player skill? Because there's that phrase in football whereby a striker is recognized when he can 'bag 20 goals a season'. These people are usually the top forwards in their divisions ..

In total we scored only 43 goals in the league. Not many eh? But its a weak league and it went close to the wire ..

08-09

Name: Jermaine Beckford

Goals: Overall 39, League 35

Games: Overall 45, League 38

Club: Leeds United

09-10

Name: Marlon Harewood

Goals: Overall 21, League 19

Games: Overall 39, League 37

10-11

Name: Riki

Goals: Overall 34, League 31

Games: Overall 50, League 45

11-12

Name: Marquinhos

Goals: Overall 9, League 5

Games: Overall 23, League 19

12-13

Name: Alex Teixeira

Goals: Overall 27, League 26

Games: Overall 37, League 31

13-14 (up to 1st September 2013)

Name: Alex Teixeira

Goals: Overall 9, League 4

Games: Overall 6, League 2

Last season:

Name: Gavin Barrow (Regen)

Goals: 27 (League)

Games: 32 (League)

Club: Rochdale

Season before:

Name: Gavin Barrow (Regen)

Goals: 45 (League)

Games: 40 (League)

Club: Rochdale

Wow .. 45 in 40? That's lethal form. Were you playing him as a target man, or is he a free kick/penalty demon?

Half way threw my season and..

Player Name: Obasi

Club: Everton

Apps: 19

Goals: 18

Player Name: Yakubu

Club: Everton

Apps: 18

Goals: 18

My upfronters are on some serious form, shame my defence isnt :/

I played Everton in the EURO Cup last season .. Yakubu scored a hatrick. I wonder what his Ca/PA stats are. He seems demonic. :eek:

I played Everton in the EURO Cup last season .. Yakubu scored a hatrick. I wonder what his Ca/PA stats are. He seems demonic. :eek:

I sneeked into the top 4 in my 1st season and got into the champions league. He is this seasons top scorer in the Champions League at the moment. I sold Arteta for 25mil to Real Madrid, funded a transfer for Chinedu Obasi from Udinese and he is quality and works well with Yakubu and are both from Nigeria :D

Name: Keirrison

Goals: 125 (80 in league)

Games: 59

Club: Stoke City

Before anyone jumps on my back, I retrained him to a few other positions after reading up on that position weighting thing curious what it was all about. And, the proof is in the records thread.

The next player usually only has a handful of goals, although Elmander (the targetman alongside him) managed 30 goals in about as many games.

Name: Keirrison

Goals: 125 (80 in league)

Games: 59

Club: Stoke City

Before anyone jumps on my back, I retrained him to a few other positions after reading up on that position weighting thing curious what it was all about. And, the proof is in the records thread.

The next player usually only has a handful of goals, although Elmander (the targetman alongside him) managed 30 goals in about as many games.

guarenteed edited player

van nistroy wouldnt score that many goals in league 3! never mind Keirrison

Name: Lee Taylor

Goals: 34 (32 league goals)

Games: 47

Club: Burton Albion

Found this guy when I went to the trial thing. Just gave him a new 3 year contract. He is the reason why I got promoted to League Two. A few Championship clubs are sniffing around for him though. I hope he stays :(

My top league scorer is my midfield-supporting forward. He has 26 from 27 games, and most have come from him chasing through balls with his pace.

Next is a midfielder with 5 goals, so it's fair to say without my top scorer I might be right in a pickle.

I sneeked into the top 4 in my 1st season and got into the champions league. He is this seasons top scorer in the Champions League at the moment. I sold Arteta for 25mil to Real Madrid, funded a transfer for Chinedu Obasi from Udinese and he is quality and works well with Yakubu and are both from Nigeria :D

Must be quite pathetic for you when the African Cup of Natiosn comes up :D

My strikers almost never score more than 25 goals because I'm a tinkerer and rotate a lot. I've got Bojan, Aguero, Eto'o and Henry for strikers and they hardly ever play more than 3 games in a row starting.

My top scorer in my only FM09 season got 28 and the next highest was 3 :rolleyes:

I won't give the name because player naming is frowned upon in GD and should be in the Good Players Forum.

Basically, what Nomis said. Whilst player naming isn't banned in GD, we don't necessarily want to know who the best players are, in here. The first few posts were fine, because it's not like any of us didn't know who Gabby Abognlahor or Matt Derbyshire were, but the others featuring more obscure players are more problematic I think.

Archived