Truely Amazing SI

Picked up both FM's today from my local indie game shop(sad buying both i know).

Just wanted to say that SI have done an amazing job with the PSP version, interface is excellent and it runs really quickly.

4 nights at work from tonight will go a lot quicker now icon_cool.gif

Oh and the 360 version is pretty good as well.

Picked up both FM's today from my local indie game shop(sad buying both i know).

Just wanted to say that SI have done an amazing job with the PSP version, interface is excellent and it runs really quickly.

4 nights at work from tonight will go a lot quicker now icon_cool.gif

Oh and the 360 version is pretty good as well.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

Hey Si team,was just wondering who has done the best on the Psp handheld out of the SI team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done fairly well turning Brighton into a dominant force, however I'd expect that one of the testers who worked on the game would have even more impressive achievements icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ntfc:

How well are you doing then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my current game (I've been through a few in recent months icon_biggrin.gif) I'm around 7 seasons in and starting to establish my dominance in the Premiership ... still getting pummelled by the big boys more than I'd like though (especially in Europe) icon_frown.gif

Main problem is that I generally initially build a physically strong and fast team and I'm still trying to slowly craft that into having a little more skill and less brawn ..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also do you still play it on the pc,if so who you managing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I still play on PC - my FM2006 career as Cambridge City is well over 30 seasons in now and sporadically gets played (although less than before as its easier to get the PSP out on the train than the laptop and with 3 kids at home I don't get that much opportunity at home to play these days unfortunately icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif ).

• SI Staff

Ha 30 seasons wow,Didnt you ever fancy starting a new game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played for a few evenings as Man City with the missus (she's a Man City fan) ... but to be honest I'm very attached to my Cambridge City team now and so will only really abandon them when FM2007 comes along ..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What formation etc you playing with brighton? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Initially a straight 442 although I've moved to a 442 diamond as I increasingly shaped the squad to how I prefer it ...

• SI Staff

How well did it go with City? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite well I thought - 6th first season and doing respectably in the second, but my wife's ambition for the club was somewhat above my own and after I let her take over completely she somewhat destroyed the teams morale (releasing players who she decided she didn't like without worrying about the effect on the other players mainly, although continually fining Barton just because he got sent off semi-regularly didn't help either icon_wink.gif ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So who have you managed on the Psp? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

During development I've played as a huge host of teams from all the different leagues - but 'serious' games are mainly Brighton, Man City or Accrington Stanley ...

(I just have a soft spot for Accrington icon_biggrin.gif)

• SI Staff

I'm juggling the 3 versions now - my Watford team on PSP are doing pretty well, X360 has been achievement city (2 to go, and with more people with the game, I should be able to get the final Live ones now - only a little bit of cheating icon_wink.gif), and on PC I'm testing out very early builds of FM2007, whilst continuing my career game on FM2006.

It's no wonder I haven't slept much in the last couple of weeks...

Archived