Windowed mode

I'm sure this has probably been asked a number of times, but....

My game keeps freezing even though I am playing it on a 3 GB computer. I can't understand why this is the case unless it's actually the game. Anyway, I have heard that playing the game in windowed mode helps to increase the game's performance so I went into preferences and went to change the display to windowed but it is greyed out and unavailable to select. I've turned off the Stadium and Sky settings which I've also heard is useful but why can't I switch to windowed mode?

Thanks in advance.

Try this:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09 :thup:

--------------------

Also, you should probably have FM09 off when doing this.

Try this:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09 :thup:

--------------------

Also, you should probably have FM09 off when doing this.

Hi thanks for the reply. I was a little confused by your response but I tried to follow your steps.

In my target field it currently says "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

You said to add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, so I assumed this meant adding it on at the end of what is currently in the target field which I did. But you said to leave a space between the two so I left a space at the end of the target after the .exe bit and then added in the extra bit you told me to add in. You then said, however, no quotation marks. I'm not good with this sort of stuff but I have to have the original quotation marks from the target field in there otherwise it can't read the file.

So do I simply add that code in so it would look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe -windowed -small_screen"

because it tells me that name is not valid and to make sure the path and file name are correct.

Please help!

Archived