A Christmas Gift for the FM Community - The FM2008 Time Machine

Hey all, in the spirit of Christmas, here's a little gift for FM08 community.

Basically, it's called the FM Time Machine and allows you to start a career in Football Manager in loads of countries in the future, right up until the year 2023.

It only goes up until 2023 because after that is a bit pointless as most players will be regens and you may as well start with the real players box unticked.

The nations included are:

Major Nations together Italy, England and Spain

Uk and Ireland

England

Italy

Spain

Scotland

Germany

Holland

France

Portugal

Belgium

Poland

Brazil

To install just put them in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\games and select them when loading a new game in FM2008.

Some of them are zipped so you will need to use an extractor program, most of you should already have one for extracting other downloads I presume, otherwise just do a google search for a program to unzip .zip files.

The link is this one, although if you'd prefer me to link to all of the files individually in this topic, I can do so, will just take some time to copy and paste everyone across.

There's 208 downloads overall, so I hope you enjoy them.

Also would it be a good idea to post this in the challenges and holiday game forum, as I know they love their save games and they could possibly incorporate these files into their challenges.

Although I don't want to get into trouble for posting duplicate topics in two different forums.

Other than that, Merry Christmas and enjoy playing in the world of tomorrow!

Hey all, in the spirit of Christmas, here's a little gift for FM08 community.

Basically, it's called the FM Time Machine and allows you to start a career in Football Manager in loads of countries in the future, right up until the year 2023.

It only goes up until 2023 because after that is a bit pointless as most players will be regens and you may as well start with the real players box unticked.

The nations included are:

Major Nations together Italy, England and Spain

Uk and Ireland

England

Italy

Spain

Scotland

Germany

Holland

France

Portugal

Belgium

Poland

Brazil

To install just put them in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\games and select them when loading a new game in FM2008.

Some of them are zipped so you will need to use an extractor program, most of you should already have one for extracting other downloads I presume, otherwise just do a google search for a program to unzip .zip files.

The link is this one, although if you'd prefer me to link to all of the files individually in this topic, I can do so, will just take some time to copy and paste everyone across.

There's 208 downloads overall, so I hope you enjoy them.

Also would it be a good idea to post this in the challenges and holiday game forum, as I know they love their save games and they could possibly incorporate these files into their challenges.

Although I don't want to get into trouble for posting duplicate topics in two different forums.

Other than that, Merry Christmas and enjoy playing in the world of tomorrow!

I don't fully understand CA/PA since I don't use scout utilities, but from my limited experience I presume this just means he can't increase in ability anymore and the real indication of his ability is not his CA but the scout rating (in %) given by fm scout.

Although you may be using mini scout or something which doesn't offer scout rating does it?

But generally take a glance at his stats and see if he has declined in that area?

If not then it's an interesting insight into the AI and the possible problems with player progression and regression.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ljdzsgffk:

I started in the year 2023 with Man Utd. One question - how are all the old players so good? In my current game when players go past 30, they start declining rapidly. Fabregas has a CA of 191 and he's 38! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Becaue they cryogenically froze his legs and thawed them out specially for you icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ljdzsgffk:

I started in the year 2023 with Man Utd. One question - how are all the old players so good? In my current game when players go past 30, they start declining rapidly. Fabregas has a CA of 191 and he's 38! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Becaue they cryogenically froze his legs and thawed them out specially for you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that feature? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth Rob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Becaue they cryogenically froze his legs and thawed them out specially for you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that feature? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch the wage bills though. Inflation and the costs of the cryogenic freezing have had a big impact icon_biggrin.gif

Fabregas has a CA of 191 and he's 38! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fabregas is only 36 - is born in 1987... :-)

There is a downside to this future game. Many (or all) of my Danish international players have won the Belgian first division - with the Algerian national side!!!

Perhaps it is to save space? (I'm in 2023)

And also- I played a friendly with Tottenham against Linares and one of my players was sent off. He was banned for one match in the league?? Perhaps this is a generel bug...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by comoholic:

And also- I played a friendly with Tottenham against Linares and one of my players was sent off. He was banned for one match in the league?? Perhaps this is a generel bug...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a bug, if a referee reports the red card to FA, he will bee banned. Red Cards in friendlies are upp to the referee of the matc to decide. If he sends his report to FA, they will ban the player, if he doesn't send his report to the FA, he won't be banned.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Veg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by comoholic:

And also- I played a friendly with Tottenham against Linares and one of my players was sent off. He was banned for one match in the league?? Perhaps this is a generel bug...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a bug, if a referee reports the red card to FA, he will bee banned. Red Cards in friendlies are upp to the referee of the matc to decide. If he sends his report to FA, they will ban the player, if he doesn't send his report to the FA, he won't be banned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, ok. Apparently I never get too old to learn. I do however find it odd. I've never heard about that in other countries. An English strenght/weakness? :-)

There is a downside to this future game. Many (or all) of my Danish international players have won the Belgian first division - with the Algerian national side!!!

Perhaps it is to save space? (I'm in 2023) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Christmas an' all that, but what exactly do you mean? Danish players are playing for the Algerian national side and somehow the Algerian national side are in the Belgium first division?

I have no idea how that would happen and if it has then it's an SI bug rather than a bug with my save games as I haven't done any editing to them to cause strange things like this.

And howcome Middlesbrough had a 9 points deduction in the previous season (2022-2023)? I thought it was impossible to implement, that clubs are punished in that manor?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point reductions are in the game for teams going bankrupt, so I presume they didn't spend all to wisely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth Rob:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Christmas an' all that, but what exactly do you mean? Danish players are playing for the Algerian national side and somehow the Algerian national side are in the Belgium first division?

I have no idea how that would happen and if it has then it's an SI bug rather than a bug with my save games as I haven't done any editing to them to cause strange things like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem is the history somehow got screwed up. I dont think Algeria played in the Belgian league and the fact that all Danish players has it leads me to believe the Danish NT won some competition but due to history getting screwed up the competition they won is not shown and Belgian first division is shown instead and Algerian NT is shown instead of Danish NT.

And howcome Middlesbrough had a 9 points deduction in the previous season (2022-2023)? I thought it was impossible to implement, that clubs are punished in that manor?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point reductions are in the game for teams going bankrupt, so I presume they didn't spend all to wisely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah okay - thanks for clearing that up.

I have no idea how that would happen and if it has then it's an SI bug rather than a bug with my save games as I haven't done any editing to them to cause strange things like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought as much. And you have understood it correctly.

On another note: Howcome the game only have a medium database? Size of savegames, or...?

Fabregas has a CA of 191 and he's 38! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fabregas is only 36 - is born in 1987... :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever, he still shouldn't be that good at 36...

I thought as much. And you have understood it correctly.

On another note: Howcome the game only have a medium database? Size of savegames, or...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this last year and had a poll for which people would prefer and most people said they played with medium databases, as they couldn't handle large databases, which is why I made them all medium databases last time.

@DS I can't see how it would have become corrupt, as it is just a holiday game (which answers somebody elses question), so unless its a general bug which corrupts in everybody's save game then i'm very confused.

• 8 years later...
  • FrazT locked this topic

Archived