scoring more - but missing loads

My strikers seem to be *******. Played two seasons until now (in different leagues) and none has scored more than 20 goals... what I observed was that the more defensively I played, the more goals I scored... As I like offensive playing my strikers just don't score ^^

On patch 9.2 . My strikers end up scoring at least 30 goals per season

But they miss at least 3 or 4 chances per game

IRL, strikers miss about 75% of their chances, across all levels.

Missing 3 or 4 chances per game is about right.

I posted in another thread i have 16 chances in a game, 1 on target.

That's a slightly different problem - there are several different things that could be affecting it.

First, confidence - a striker misses, he loses confidence. When he scores, he gains confidence. So, it sounds like your strikers' confidence is extremely low. You need to work on bringing it back up through your team-talks, player interactions, media, interviews, etc.

Second, tempo - the typical problem in the past couple of versions has been playing a high tempo. Apparently, tempo impacts how long *everybody* is willing to dally on the ball. Therefore, in a high-tempo tactic, a striker is more likely to attempt a first-time shot; in a low-tempo tactic, he's more likely to take a touch to settle. So, high-tempo = more shots, but fewer on target. That's especially true against a tightly-packed defense, where your fellows are more likely to be denied space.

The TT&F guide over in T&TT has much more information on this topic, and was basically originally formulated explicitly to answer that tactical problem!

IRL, strikers miss about 75% of their chances, across all levels.

Missing 3 or 4 chances per game is about right.

No, thats is not correct! It's a difference between a simple goalscoring opportunity and a one-on-one with the keeper. If you leave Torres or Eto 4 times alone with the keeper they will not score just once. In 9.2 strikers get in one-on-one positions very often, just like the defense doesn't exists, but they miss over and over again. The 75% that you tak about refers to ALL misses, not just the clear cut chances.

It seems to me like the more important attributes in the game are determination, bravery anticipation and decisions. all mental stats which makes sense if you think about it. Maybe its just me who thinks this, but i have strikers with high stats in the above and they score more than a normal striker with higher finishing etc

I think a lot of the problem is the graphical representation of the chances misses-so many of them you're thinking "that was an easy chance,even i could have scored that"

This is very true, it is only a representation. thats why it seems mistakes are being made when really its just the 3d side of it isn't that advanced yet.

Archived