Creativity 3, Flair 2, Finishing 1

Is it just me or is FM09 lacking in attacking prowess? All I seem to get are the same game played over and over again whereby one team creates more/less of the same generic one on one chances and then loses after their keeper slams a clearance into their own defender.

The most interesting match event I've witnessed was a game spasm. 2 Games in a row I won after the ball hit the bar before rebounding off the keeper into the net.

There are the odd moments of inspiration, a header, a player lobbing the keeper, but generally the goals seem to come from the same 20 yard strike or endless through balls resulting in a display of finishing that could only rival John Aloisi's left testicle. For those of you who don't remember dear old John, he was an Aussie who played for Coventry, enough evidence on both counts.

Despite all that I still love this game to bits. I've had several 30 hour marathons on it over the past few weeks, still shake my fist when my team scores, still slam the desk when I concede.

But am I the only one who seems to be getting repeat performances?

Is it just me or is FM09 lacking in attacking prowess? All I seem to get are the same game played over and over again whereby one team creates more/less of the same generic one on one chances and then loses after their keeper slams a clearance into their own defender.

The most interesting match event I've witnessed was a game spasm. 2 Games in a row I won after the ball hit the bar before rebounding off the keeper into the net.

There are the odd moments of inspiration, a header, a player lobbing the keeper, but generally the goals seem to come from the same 20 yard strike or endless through balls resulting in a display of finishing that could only rival John Aloisi's left testicle. For those of you who don't remember dear old John, he was an Aussie who played for Coventry, enough evidence on both counts.

Despite all that I still love this game to bits. I've had several 30 hour marathons on it over the past few weeks, still shake my fist when my team scores, still slam the desk when I concede.

But am I the only one who seems to be getting repeat performances?

Nah, I've found it quite good - moments of utter class every now and again - my playmaker doing backheels on the edge of the opposition box, flowing moves ending with my centre forward scoring with a diving header. I love it.

Archived