Job Sharing

Near the end of my second season with Genoa, I successfully applied for the Nigeria job. Just for a bit of fun really, I've no intention of leaving Genoa. And Nigeria qualified for the World Cup, in a few months time - so I though I'd take them for that tournament.

I've never took a national job before, and I keep getting sent weekly fixture lists to watch relevant club matches. Do any of you national managers get any benefit from studying these games??

It depends, I don't go to watch matches often, not because I don't feel the value but because FM is like a book you can't put down, I have no time to watch other matches!

However I watched about 4 matches when I was Mali manager (including Barca vs Real Madrid) and a couple as manager of Chile.

I think that it is of some use because it can show you what part they can play in your national side. For example Keita seemed to do well in the 4-4-2 Diamond that Barca were playing.

One buggery thing is that in the lower leagues of Eng (Prem lower) if you also manage club and a country at times you will get two games in the same day one for your club and also country. Si need to look at this maybe add in an option to get your assistant manager look after club team for you while away on international duty.

To Parkera`s Q.

I think they didn`t look at this aspect because, in real life football, what international side would employ a non league club manager ?

I never said Lower league manager as maybe you think. I believe i said Below Premier League! Maybe in reality sure but as they allow it in the game they need to fix this issue or simply not allow anyone to manage a country unless in Premiership, but this would also be unrealistic as i am sure a Championship manager would certainly have enough reputation to manage internationally.

All up Si need to start paying more attention to the international side of the game also as it is flawed in alot of areas, and alot of folks try their hand at it.

Archived