What does "Threading" under preferences mean?

It doesn't slow the game down. The way SI implemented it it apparently makes the GUI somewhat less responsive, but processing will be faster with it on if you're on a multithreaded CPU.

Ahh.. I see...

What does multithreaded CPU mean? Do they mean Dual or Quad Core processors? And i do not see processing speeds faster... I once started with 27 leagues... it was such a torture after the new year!

can anyone try and explain to me what this is all about?

I am the same as 'looknohands post', in that i read over the weekend that it was better to turn it off in my preferences, but have no idea if i have done the correct thing? I have a normal laptop computer, bought from comet about 3 months ago, so is quite good and modern and i play as rangers in scotland with no other countires up and running on the game.

Before the patch the game loaded and played very quickly and without problem. i havent yet played any actual fixtures since i installed the second patch as was away this weekend, but the game itself moves along ok when i hit 'continue'.

Can anyone help as i have turned the threading off but wonder if i have done the correct thing?

Thanks for any help.

I turned mine off on my pc cos I thought it was running a little slow and it was suggested this will speed it up.

I think I must have got used to this across a whole season - and kind of forgot about it.

I turned it back on out of curiousity last night and it is a lot quicker processing with this turned on, on my laptop anyway

I turned mine off on my pc cos I thought it was running a little slow and it was suggested this will speed it up.

I think I must have got used to this across a whole season - and kind of forgot about it.

I turned it back on out of curiousity last night and it is a lot quicker processing with this turned on, on my laptop anyway

Same here - definitely leaving it on now.

can anyone try and explain to me what this is all about?

I am the same as 'looknohands post', in that i read over the weekend that it was better to turn it off in my preferences, but have no idea if i have done the correct thing? I have a normal laptop computer, bought from comet about 3 months ago, so is quite good and modern and i play as rangers in scotland with no other countires up and running on the game.

Before the patch the game loaded and played very quickly and without problem. i havent yet played any actual fixtures since i installed the second patch as was away this weekend, but the game itself moves along ok when i hit 'continue'.

Can anyone help as i have turned the threading off but wonder if i have done the correct thing?

Thanks for any help.

Download this program if you don't know what processor you have: http://www.download.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html?tag=mncol

It's very small, load it up and it will give you loads of info on your computer.

Google the processor it shows, and you will find out if it's a multi processor or not. If it is, you should keep threading on as this is supposed to make the game faster. Wether it really does speed it up is up to the game makers. ;)

Wow! Thanks Really Madrid......this is all beyond me i must say! i feel like i need a computer degree to understand all this (or maybe i am just thick!!! please dont answer that one!)....i will do as you say and see what i can find out.

Thank you for your time and advice, much appreciated.

ps. I can only repeat what i have said on other posts in that there are so many good people on here, like yourself, to help with even the most straightforward questions/queries, it is very good to know people can help further enjoyment of the game.

Archived