Is Arsenal still overrated in 920?

Arsenal already had the lowest CA/PA in general out of the top 4 clubs, and yet was outperforming them in most people's games. So CA/PA was not the issue causing this. Even so, the Arsenal squad's CA/PA has been reduced considerably for this patch in line with Arsenal's real life performance issues. I have noticed whilst checking the new database.

From what I've heard, the culprit appears to have been the AI Wenger, which was getting the best out of the match engine.

Well in my save they didn't change much, and they got more wonderkids with high PA.

You say "in your save". To see the new changes you need to start a new game. I haven't seen any Arsenal player with higher PA than in the previous patch.

Wow thats awesome. but Fabregas compared to Modric that is a bit silly. Dos Santos has always had a higher PA than Denilson.

Shame i'm not planning on starting anew game up to look, will do soon though! what other teams/players have been drastically improved or decreased in stats?

Yes, Arsenal has been drastically reduced. Fabregas and Modric are only separated by 4 CA points now. Gomes is also better than Almunia. Dos Santos has better CA and PA than Denilson. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Personally I don't think any of your examples are that ridiculous.

Wow thats awesome. but Fabregas compared to Modric that is a bit silly. Dos Santos has always had a higher PA than Denilson.

Shame i'm not planning on starting anew game up to look, will do soon though! what other teams/players have been drastically improved or decreased in stats?

I don't think any other teams got re-rated. Only Arsenal since everyone complained about them doing well. So instead of finding the real problem, SI just reduced their attributes when they were already the lowest out of the big four in 9.1.

I don't think any other teams got re-rated. Only Arsenal since everyone complained about them doing well. So instead of finding the real problem, SI just reduced their attributes when they were already the lowest out of the big four in 9.1.

Hmm.. yeah tbh When I play with Chelsea arsenal aren't a problem, even in first season! I walk the league by 10 points, they always finish 2nd but thats mainly due to Fabregas and Adebayor the rest don't really perform, I bought Vela off them though.

They always win the Prem in my West Brom game though, which is a bit unrealistic, maybe as someone/you said sort out Wenger.

Then I feel sorry for you.

Almunia? C'mon, Gomes is poor but Almunia isn't much better. Denilson replacing Flamini has been the main reason why Arsenal are so inconsistent this season and Modric and Fabregas are two of the best young midfielders in Europe - so what's the problem?

Almunia? C'mon, Gomes is poor but Almunia isn't much better. Denilson replacing Flamini has been the main reason why Arsenal are so inconsistent this season and Modric and Fabregas are two of the best young midfielders in Europe - so what's the problem?

I do agree with the Almunia and Gomes neither being great keepers.

and the comment about Denilson being the reason Arsenal haven't done well is true. Not because he's a bad player though.

Well they should have at least lowered Gomes aswell then to even it out, Because as bad as Almunia can be he's still a safer bet than Gomes thats for sure!

Fair enough, but for all his mistakes, Gomes has pulled off wonder sves from Gerrard and Giggs this season which have ultimately won Spurs 4 big points this season. Its easy to ridicule him, and the English media/commentators love crucifying foreign goalies, but you'll find that he'll never get any credit now because he's already been cast as a clown. Very few keepers in the Prem would've saved the Giggs free kick.

Almunia might not be good enough for a top 4 side, but that's nothing compared to how abysmal Gomes has been this year. I'm sure Spurs fans would love to see Robinson back. As of 9.2, Gomes is the 4th best GK in the EPL. If Arsenal gets their stats reduced by being in 5th place IRL, then why hasn't it being done for severe underachievers like Tottenham and Man City who are both relegation candidates right now.

Almunia might not be good enough for a top 4 side, but that's nothing compared to how abysmal Gomes has been this year. I'm sure Spurs fans would love to see Robinson back. As of 9.2, Gomes is the 4th best GK in the EPL. If Arsenal gets their stats reduced by being in 5th place IRL, then why hasn't it being done for severe underachievers like Tottenham and Man City who are both relegation candidates right now.

I think the testers had to act due to the (justifiable) backlash of Arsenal's dominance in 9.0.1. Admittedly, in two years time if Vela, Wilshere and co. show their CC form in the league then it may well be that Arsenal will be the dominant force in English football again, especially as United will be in transition without Ferguson.

Spurs will probably finish around 10th this season. Had Redknapp been manager in August they'd almost certainly be in the top 8 right now. You are right about City however, no matter how much money gets pumped into the club its inevitable that they'll be fighting a relegation battle.

Arsenal was not dominant on my file, they were hovering around 3-5 in my first season, just like they are now

i'm not getting this new patch if its going to put Arsenal in relegation zone.. even more stupid than them being #1

• Administrators

Anyone with any concerns regarding the Arsenal players data should go into the relevant data thread in the data forum and post there. Bear in mind, you will need evidence and reasoning to back up your points, not just 'I don't think he's that good'. Thanks.

Yes, Arsenal has been drastically reduced. Fabregas and Modric are only separated by 4 CA points now. Gomes is also better than Almunia. Dos Santos has better CA and PA than Denilson. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Besides Fabregas, the rest are not even debatable. If you actually watch football, Gomes has been performing well ever since Ramos left and Redknapp joined. And Dos Santos not better than Denilson? Denilson has been one of the worst midfielders for Arsenal. Never ever gonna make it at Arsenal, even the Arsenal fans agree about that.

i second that..

Also I dont think Denilson will ever become a great player as indicated by his PA. Same goes for many of his players. Most of them are very inconsistent...

Arsenal are a lot in debt and they have to rely on selling. That should also be reflected in the game..

Besides Fabregas, the rest are not even debatable. If you actually watch football, Gomes has been performing well ever since Ramos left and Redknapp joined. And Dos Santos not better than Denilson? Denilson has been one of the worst midfielders for Arsenal. Never ever gonna make it at Arsenal, even the Arsenal fans agree about that.

Do we? Rather sweeping statement...

Comparing players like Dos Santos and Denilson is a bit pointless as they're different types of players.

That said though, if Denilson has been one of the worst midfielders at Arsenal then surely Dos Santos can claim that honour at Spurs.

As for Gomes - he's a great keeper who still isn't up to speed so no arguments with that one.

Fabregas being near to Modric in CA is laughable, but the majority will keep shouting about Arsenal winning everything so i'll have to live with it.

Fabregas being near to Modric in CA is laughable, but the majority will keep shouting about Arsenal winning everything so i'll have to live with it.

is it laughable? so you think best croatian player shouldn't have CA anywhere near 170 and best arenal player should imediatly be somewhere around 185? i'm not sure about del bosque but arragones seemed to rate xavi, inesta and senna (ok a dm) higher than cesc. also what is CA? it's only a weightening system in which some stats weight more than others and pace and acceleration weight probably the most. cesc seems to be rated as not the fastest player, modrić a bit faster hence their CA being almost the same...

is it laughable? so you think best croatian player shouldn't have CA anywhere near 170 and best arenal player should imediatly be somewhere around 185? i'm not sure about del bosque but arragones seemed to rate xavi, inesta and senna (ok a dm) higher than cesc. also what is CA? it's only a weightening system in which some stats weight more than others and pace and acceleration weight probably the most. cesc seems to be rated as not the fastest player, modrić a bit faster hence their CA being almost the same...

Theo Walcott's very fast and I wouldn't give him a CA anywhere near either of them.

It's nothing to do with him being Croatian either - when i've seen Modric play there have definitely been glimpses of what's to come when he's fully settled but he is not currently as good as Fabregas.

We're going to get told to stop discussing this in here anyway - lets agree to disagree, I never see either of them anyway as they don't tend to want to play in the lower leagues :mad:

yeah whatever. if you looked at their stats instead of CA only you could notice cesc having exactly 7 world class attributes (18-20 being world class) and modrić having only 1 and that being his stamina. maybe barca fans could argue about cesc's CA being over-rated compared to inesta and they wouldn't be wrong about it having their PA's in mind - 181 inesta and 195 cesc. well that could also be described as laughable...

We weren't talking about Iniesta.

He's 24, so there's a small age difference there. Do I think there should be such a vast difference in PA? No probably not - and I imagine Barca fans would welcome Cesc back rather than saying 'Oh no, he's nowhere near as good as our current midfielders'.

Modric, on CA, is better than the entire Arsenal team apart from Fabregas. I'm not debating he's a good player but that's a little odd...

just to clear things up i think cesc is a fantastic player, it's just i went mad about your laughable coment on modrić.

i don't want to talk about CA as it means nothing but his stats are about right. strenght should be reduced: 13 -> 10/11, i would argue he's faster than bentley, his finishing could be a bit lower as well as influence and penalty taking. but there are also some stats i would higher like decision making...

just to clear things up i think cesc is a fantastic player, it's just i went mad about your laughable coment on modrić.

i don't want to talk about CA as it means nothing but his stats are about right. strenght should be reduced: 13 -> 10/11, i would argue he's faster than bentley, his finishing could be a bit lower as well as influence and penalty taking. but there are also some stats i would higher like decision making...

Sorry, laughable may not have been the best word. With an extended family of Spurs fans you get used to defending anything to do with Arsenal even if it isn't entirely rational :)

• SI Staff
Anyone with any concerns regarding the Arsenal players data should go into the relevant data thread in the data forum and post there. Bear in mind, you will need evidence and reasoning to back up your points, not just 'I don't think he's that good'. Thanks.

What he said. The thread in the data issues section is the place to discuss this.

Archived