FM Problem on Laptop

Can you type here exactly what you typed into the target box and I will correct it for you so it will work.

The issue you are having has nothing to to with Vista but I suspect that the information on that other thread could potentially be interpreted incorrectly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed.

Should look like that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed.

Should look like that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Although you don't need the . at the end. icon_smile.gif

I have always put two -'s in the switches so it would read:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

Either should work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielgear:

on my laptop (vista) the target box is greyed out you cannot edit it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a permissions problem.

Are you the only person using the PC?

Have you tried to do alter this using an administrative account?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cammy_rangers:

I don't get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to right-click the shortcut icon for FM08 and select properties from the pop-up menu.

A box will appear on which there is a textbox with the title Tartget:

In that box overwrite everything with the following text:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

This assumes that FM was installed to the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 directory. If it was installed anywhere else, you need to change the text to match.

Make sure FM isn't running when you do this (although it won't stop you from doing it, you have to start the game again for the change to happen).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJdeMarco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danielgear:

on my laptop (vista) the target box is greyed out you cannot edit it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a permissions problem.

Are you the only person using the PC?

Have you tried to do alter this using an administrative account? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i am

Archived