Does anyone have any tips on how to speed up processing times?

The old FM just about ran on my rather ancient PC, but I'm really struggling with this newer version. I've disabled the 3D match engine, the sounds, the players photos and use no additional players, but I still take a good 1/2 hr to get through one match running key highlights. I would switch the game level down but have read that this game produce irregular results and somewhat compromises the realism of the game. Is there any other methods by which I can speed up processing times? I'm not willing to use anything other than a huge database.

On second thoughts, could my machine have a virus that would cause FM to run much, much slower than previous versions? Or is it just simply that SI have made this version much more noticeably processor heavy? Thanks

Ty JGN. Only noticed that thread after I posted this one. I'll copy and paste what I've written into that thread.

Pentium 4 1.8

NVDIA Geforce4 MMX440

256 MB RAM

80 Gb Hard Disk

I know the spec is my computer is not very good and I'm in serious need of some more RAM. I suppose the obvious answer is to buy a new computer

Archived