Closed Thread

Thread: Luton town

Amateur

Default Luton town

has anybody been luton town with the 30 point reduction im them at the minute ive just start with them.
    have they survive the relegation on any of your games.

Amateur

Default Re: Luton town

on mine they did and got promoted the next season.and almost had a takeover bid but it broke off.

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Sounds like a tall order to me. What was the points reduction for anyhow? Isn't there a couple more teams in that league with reductions as well? If so, you've got a good chance of beating at least those teams... Good luck!

Part-Timer

For coming out of administration the wrong way, apparently. Three teams start in negative points - Luton, Rotherham, Bournemouth, iirc.

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by 4457 View Post
    For coming out of administration the wrong way, apparently. Three teams start in negative points - Luton, Rotherham, Bournemouth, iirc.
    Sounds painful.

Semi Pro

Will be starting, post-patch.

Youth Team

I have it on one of my saves, stayed up first season, just! In second season and now the challenge, for me, has gone!

Star Player

Over on OTF2 I did see someone play as Luton and saved them from relegation and he also went through the league season unbeaten as well.

Amateur

With 4 games to go on mine, i was sat in 23rd position, with Bournemouth above me, 6 points away, and next to play.

I beat them 1-0, to make it 3 points from safety, then lost my final three games on the bounce! Was gutted as a Town fan, taking them down...

However, the board were satisfied that we gave it a good go, and didn't sack me...

Tried to go onto the next season, and keep getting an error message on the same date about Crash Dumps, so have been unable to continue. I was looking forward to bouncing back as well...

So FM, sort all these bloody bugs!

Amateur

I play FM with a Luton Town fan and in the 1st season he went a bit mental and got them into the play offs only to lose in the final... he was gutted to say the least but not a bad acheivement at all. There not in too bad shape really aside from the money situation but you can offload quite a bit of excess wage early on and bring in cheaper better replacements.

Reserves

I'm managing in the EPL, but I noticed Luton escaped demotion in my 1st season. Their form would have got them automatic promotion if it hadn't been for the penalty.

When I was managing Luton I finished 19th in the first season.

Second season I finished 4th gaining promotion via the play-offs.

Third season I finished 11th in League 1.

Mid way through the fourth season I was sacked with the team hovering just above relegation.

Amateur

I finished 16th with luton in the 1st season and then finished 3rd in the 2nd season. In a relegation battle this season though.

Amateur
    Somewhere between expectancy and paranoia

They always seem to finish mid table in my games - only lost 5 in my latest game and finished 12th

Part-Timer

Finished 22nd (three points clear of the drop) in the first year in my game. If not for the penalty they'd have finished 4th.

Semi Pro

I'm looking foward to getting the game next week and spending the whole of Christmas keeping us up!
    Seems like most people are managing to accomplish it so hopefully it isn't to hard.

Amateur

on my Luton game 22 games in im on 5 points ive got the best form in the league after a slow start if it wasnt for the deduction id be 6th im in 4th round of Fa cup i beat MK Dons in the 3rd round.

Semi Pro

I'd love a challenge like this, however i just can't bring myself to play as L*ton.

Part-Timer

Stayed up easily on my save, not my team though. Would have won the league by 6 points if not for the deduction. Bournemouth also stayed up by 2 points from Rotherham.

Third Team

They stayed up on my save, I was not them though but the following season they went down. Even though they did make alot of good loan signings including Lee Trundle who i wanted but they got him and they never played him haha.

Semi Pro

In my Dafuges challenge game they stayed up and, if I recall correctly, would have won the division (or come second). Rotherham and, to my utter dismay, Bournemouth got relegated.

I haven't finished a season in any other game yet, as I haven't been able to really get into a game up till now.

Reserves

i had a go with luton and got rid of the 30 quite quickly and would have been second in the league and then it crashed and i lost 6 games progress including a 6-2 win over mk dons in the fa cup and a victory over rotherham, as you can imagine i was furious and so started a new game with a different team

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by buzzing_hornet View Post
    I'd love a challenge like this, however i just can't bring myself to play as L*ton.
    Why not play as Bournemouth or Rotherham then?

World Cup Winner

Closed Thread