End of season transfers

Hey I was just wandering what to do with transfers when ur season has jsut finished.

Like at the moment I am at the end of season one with QPR and finished 1st and also one calring cup therefore in europe next year. I am in debt with the balance and wages and have nothing left in the transfer budget. There has been so many good players that I could get from relegated teams and transfer listed players its jsut that i dont know if I am able to afford them.

So I was wandering what other players have done in FM09 with this situation.

P.S I wont be responding in the lets say 9 hours becasue I am goin to bed but I look foward to hearing from u in the morning btw Im from australia.

Hey I was just wandering what to do with transfers when ur season has jsut finished.

Like at the moment I am at the end of season one with QPR and finished 1st and also one calring cup therefore in europe next year. I am in debt with the balance and wages and have nothing left in the transfer budget. There has been so many good players that I could get from relegated teams and transfer listed players its jsut that i dont know if I am able to afford them.

P.S I wont be responding in the lets say 9 hours becasue I am goin to bed but I look foward to hearing from u in the morning btw Im from australia.

Why don't you put them in the shortlist and check if anyone place a bid for them? If so you can try place a bid and try to get them; by the time the transfer has to go through you should have the new transfer budget. If you don't have the money rightway you can always postpone it. Worst come worst you can just cancel the transfer.

I ususally keep money back, i mean i dont spend it in jan unless is really needed! That way i always have some money left and can beat other teams because they have usually spent all theirs! And because of that there is very little competition for players signatures which doesnt inflate prices!

I'd try and sign as many on frees as I can and as they won't join until 1st July, ditch some players who's contracts are up.

Onkster

I'd try and sign as many on frees as I can and as they won't join until 1st July, ditch some players who's contracts are up.

Onkster

Once I have my team established, I always keep £5-10m left when Autumn transfer window closes. This give me the option of filling a whole due to long term injury in January. Also after the first season where I had no cash, I missed out on 3 players I had short-listed. The clubs wanted way too much cash in the window, but either the club gets into a financial mess or the player gets itchy feet, then they offer them for a greatly reduced price. With this strategy I managed to pick up a pretty famous young Argentine left winger, based in Portugal for only £4.7m and also the latest Brazilian wonderkid for only £4.1m.

Names omitted to protect the Llamma's, although both players are pretty famous.

Also as an aside, having funds left for the end of season means you have more room in your wage budget to make a bid for a great free transfer player that might become available.

I think i agree with what Riki is saying but also Negtatrev u also have a great point. Since I by wage budget is in the red the same goes with the balance i guess i might go for some n see wat happens.

Thx all for ur responses.

Archived