CM 03-04 Diablo Tactic

I powered up my old CM 03/04 game recently and remembered there was a 'cheat' tactic called 'Diablo' something or other. I DO NOT want to use this tactic although I would like to know what the tactic was exactly (Formation, player and team instructions please) so I can avoid it. I have searched on google for it, but all I can find are a couple of threads from other forums just talking about it and a download from some website from Turkey. So if anyone could tell me exactly what the Tactic was I will be very grateful.

Right - So a run from a central defender just forward (i.e. to the attacking midfielder spot) wouldnt be 'cheating' then?

EDIT: I have just checked the Training and Tactics forum and the oldest posts there are from this year - No hope for ones around four years ago.

It is a 4-1-3-2 tactic, with the central midfielder of the three running forward between the strikers. The team mentality is gung-ho and attacking trend is from the flanks, if I remember correctly.

I used it many times to be honest, and it is not as effective as it's told to be. Yes, you win big time but not every game. Every now and then you end up losing a match, especially away from home.

• 3 years later...

In addition to the MC with a long forward arrow to SC, didn't the 2 strikers also have side arrows to move them wide? This worked best against teams with a flat back 4 (most AI teams) as the two DCs would man mark the strikers and get pulled wide, allowing the MC a free run at goal.

Was Diablo not the user name of the guy that found this ME flaw and uploaded the tactic?

That could well be the reason, FrazT!

I didn't use the tactic myself and I can't really remember how it worked. I just remember reading the forums at the time and people were getting crazy results with the famous 'Diablo' tactic. :D

Was Diablo not the user name of the guy that found this ME flaw and uploaded the tactic?

I always thought it was because it looked like a trident of the kind the devil is frequently depicted waving about in medieval scribbles!

The tactic involved having 2 strikers with sideways arrows and using an AMC just behind them with a forward arrow running into the space created by the 2 strikers pulling the 2 DCs out wide. The ME couldnt cope with that and the AMC will score bucketloads of goals. Remember Oskarsson?

I remember this i had Steed Malbranque at Newcastle on a save who went on to score 80+ goals and was worth an incredible amount of money half way thru the season

It was 4-1-3-2 formation with the CM's arrow going straight up thru the middle of the strikers.

• 1 month later...
Out of curiosity, has anyone created a tactic like this for FM 2012?

This tactic exploited flaws in the game which have since been fixed, so I doubt it's possible to replicate this tactic with any kind of success.

There are however, other tactics which exploit areas of the ME. I would have a look in the tactics forum.

I remember trying it out and putting Orri Freyr Oskarsson as the CM. Turns out, the CB's would mark the 2 strikers and leave the CM to run forward unguarded. You can see how the match engine would have been confused, having such a deep player suddenly turn up as a third striker with nobody to mark him. It was fixed eventually.

I find the marking is a lot tighter nowadays.

The key was the MC with the long farrow. The defenders of the opponent were drawn wide by the strikers (who may have had according sarrows) and left that MC with open runs on goal numerous times.

A cheap and PA-wise really lowish player who was nevertheless amazing in that MC spot, scoring tons and tons, was Oskarsson.

Archived